7 of Wands what does it mean to you?

LeahG

Stuggle

when i see the seven of wands i picture a man in battle. like in the movies when the good guy is being ambushed by the baddies but you know the good guy can take them all on and win as he is stronger.....

have i made any sense?- can see pic in head - hard to desribe :)

Sterlyn

:D :D :D
Wow, look what happens when I post a thread, I go away to work and come back a few days later, grew a life of its own. Much to think about. Interestingly enough just about everyone's suggestion had a personal application for me since I am currently in school part time and applying to start full time in August. I felt the spread reflected much that's going on in our family because of it.

Big changes for everyone in terms of how things run, distribution of duties, big adjustment for me, big commitment, teamwork, challenges, multi-tasking, turning plans into action, not making problems that don't exist, and being ready for anything.

Thanks for everyone's thoughtful contribution. I have a feeling that as time goes by I'm going to really come to understand this card, as I live it in my daily life.

trh

Trogon

Coming in late again... :D

After having read this very interesting thread it occurs to me that there is an interpretation which I had thought of during a recent study of mine. The 7 of Wands has been mentioned as "holding the high ground", but I have added to this "taking the high ground", or "taking the high road". In other words, maintaining one's high moral standards. My thought is, one must determine what is one's standards are. Then this card is reminding us not to compromise those standards in spite of pressure or temptation to make such a compromise.

Just a thought or two...

Sterlyn

Trogon,
Just when i thought i had heard just about every angle. Hmm, that one sits well too with me as a lesson card. I like that one very much.

Thanks,
trh

Woof

Just a thought...

I just drew this as my daily card.
In addition to all the standard meanings one just popped into my head from nowhere: "Whack-A-Mole" You know the kids arcade game? Kind of like feeling put upon by lots of little things you have to fight off in succession and yet keep your equilibrium and keep your mind on your goal.
Just a thought.
Woof

koulla

Dark Inquisitor said:
The 7 of Wands to me represents someone who has a lot to deal with at one time- challenges from many directions occurring at once. It could mean that you need to practice learning to deal with multiple problems at once. (Multi-tasking?) Possibly the need to learn to feel confident in spite of many obstacles, having faith in yourself & your abilities.

Tarotphelia
to me it suggests, that whatever the tasks, conflicts or obstacles, one has the strength, and inner resove to handle them, but one needs to work methodically, eliminating one problem at a time in order to emerge victorious, no one can handle it all at once, it is an impossible task,

Pocono Platypus

like Zorro

"A man defends himself with one wand against 6 others. This is the "under siege" card. The stakes are high, and suddenly, the Querent is under attack, often when they're tired or vulnerable. This is when others look at what you've done and get jealous or greedy. The Querent is being criticized, maybe someone is trying to take over his project. He's on the defensive. How can he take back control? The card urges the Querent to stand his ground. Don't give up, don't surrender. If you do, your enemies will take control and show you no mercy. Fear not, success is near to hand."

Why do I like this card so much? It looks like Errol Flynn playing the part of Zorro, fending off a band of attackers without breaking out a sweat. I drew it twice this week, so I'm using it for significator right now.

Thought: it's not good to be angry, but the Querent is not angry. It is others who are angry at the Querent. Because they are angry, they have lost control, so the Querent as actually in charge, and the mob is just a mob.

\

JennyM

I don't see it as a card of anger or defensiveness. Whenever I've received it...it has been about someone trying very,very, very hard at something, putting a lot of energy and action into it. The image on the Rider-Water and RW clones projects that feeling. It takes a lot of energy for one person to fight with several people.

MercyMe

Sevens often depict someone following one's own dream, heart, mind, impulses. It's the dreamer's number, the rebel's, the one who takes it upon himself to see if something ethereal and intangible can become a reality. Seven of Wands gives "feet" to an ideal, a passion, a cause. Sometimes this means standing alone in the fray or rallying the troops for a cause. It might be an unpopular stance, but you're standing on higher (spiritual -- 7's are spiritual) ground and actually have that advantage.

Ginny

circlewalker

I also work with Robin Wood - the first thing this card said to me is "They Shall Not Pass". Is it a combative situation though? Where did he come from - if he came up the hill towards us and encountered the other wands rising from the darkness have we just captured a moment of surprise - is it just a 'who goes there?' moment to be followed by a meeting of old friends?

Has he clambered over all the others and is now trying to fight off their retaliation? Somehow I don't think so, I see him in an essentially defensive or perhaps protective role, how can we be sure that his wife and family are not living down in the valley behind him?

The choice of clothing - the tartan - is interesting, the Scots make fearsome warriors throughout the pages of history.

I think it is saying that you are right to defend your position, but make sure your intentions are understood and that you are not seen as the aggressor

in light

cw