Getting tired of the Celtic Cross

Lee

Hi numbrel, I really liked your spread. I tried it and it worked great!

-- Lee

starfish66

Numbrel -

Cool spread! I'm printing it off and plan on trying it this evening.

Thanks for sharing -

:TMOON Starfish

numbrel

Lee & Starfish,

Thank you. I feel I should mention that I got this spread from someone else, but I did change the meaning of #2. I forget what it was originally.

I hope it works for you too, Starfish.

numbrel

Melvis

Hi, all!

I've never been comfortable with the the CC. I just couldn't relate the cards to each other in meaningful ways. I tried moving the cards around, since I wanted more visual continuity between related cards as well, but I found I had to just start from scratch and design my own spread.

So here it is! I think I'll call it the Lion's Mane (just 'cause I'm partial to all things Leonine!) It can be a 4-card, 8-card, or a 12-card spread, depending on how much depth you want to go into. Here is the entire 12 card-spread:

11------------12
----7-------8----
------3---4------
------1---2------
----5-------6----
-9------------10

Yes, it is a lot of cards and it does take up a lot of room, but the whole reason for laying it out this way is so I can read them in pairs. I'll give their meanings in the pairs that I read together:

1 <-> 2 = Current Situation <-> Challenges you will face in this situation.
3 <-> 4 = Your Goals for this situation <-> Your Hopes/Fears in reaching these goals.
5 <-> 6 = Your Unconscious Motivation(s) <-> Your Conscious Inspiration(s).
7 <-> 8 = You... <-> Others involved...in this situation.
9 <-> 10 = Past Cause(s) of... <-> Future Effect(s) of...this situation.
11 <-> 12 = Your Inner Strength which will help you through... <-> Outcome of...this situation.

What I like about this spread is that you can read the cards in groups of 4 (1-4, 5-8, 9-12), in pairs as shown above, or as three card lines. Also, you can use just 1-4, or 1-8 if you don't want as many cards to read. Most of the time, I start out with the first 8 cards, read those, then add the last group of 4.

This is the way I do the 'three card lines' way of reading. I make it into a sentence so one card flows into the next. Using the 9-5-1 line, my sentence would be: (9) This Past Cause lead to (5) your Unconscious Motivation, which resulted in the (1) Current Situation.

I guess this spread should go with that thread that was going a while back about really BIG spreads using lots of cards! Hopefully someone finds it useful!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Melvis

By the way, I got the idea for the way this spread grows from a 4- to a 12-card spread from Dr. Ronald Bonewitz, the creator of the Wisdom of the Maya Oracle deck. In his accompanying book he describes a spread based on the four directions that can grow or contract depending on how much detail you want in the spread.

Credit where credit is due! ;)

Peace,

Melvis

starfish66

numbrel said:
Lee & Starfish,

Thank you. I feel I should mention that I got this spread from someone else, but I did change the meaning of #2. I forget what it was originally.

I hope it works for you too, Starfish.

Numbrel -

Oh My Goodness! I just did the spread this evening and it was almost eerily accurate! I love this spread. I've added it to my spread journal and titled it "Numbrel's Spread" for lack of a better title.

Thank you so much for sharing it -

:TLOVE Starfish

starfish66

Melvis. said:
Hi, all!

I've never been comfortable with the the CC.

I guess this spread should go with that thread that was going a while back about really BIG spreads using lots of cards! Hopefully someone finds it useful!

This spread looks very cool! I plan on trying it tomorrow. Thanks for sharing it Melvis. I also never seem to get the Celtic Cross to click for me. I am CCC - Celtic Cross Challenged ;)

:TLOVE Starfish

Melvis

Glad you liked it, Starfish! I'll be interested to see what someone else thinks of it. Let me know if you have suggestions for improvements!

Have fun!

Peace,

Melvis

numbrel

Starfish,

Glad you liked it.

numbrel

suedeheadsmiths

Numbrel Spread

Thanks Numbrel, this is a cool spread. I was a little confused by my outcome, but I'm a newbie :) Thanks so much. I too get tired of the Keltic Cross.

Chris