Quint Calculator App for Tarot

G6

Hey Folks!

This isn't something I would pursue to create, but it is something I would use, so I thought I would throw this idea out into the universe via the Forum. Perhaps some techie minded folks will pick it up.

If anybody would like to develop a quint calculator app that would be awesome!

:)

Grizabella

You mean that would add up the numbers and come up with what the quint is for a combination of cards? There are so many possibilities that I don't think it could be created.

All you need is to know how to add all the cards together. The sum of them all is the quint card. You may need to do some reducing as well if your cards add up to a double digit but that's extremely easy.

jolie_amethyst

Serious question: what would a quint calculator app have as an advantage over, well, a calculator? If there was a way to calculate a 15 card spread that didn't require manually inputting the number for each card, that would be a definite time saver, as well as eliminating the chance of error in inputs. But I honestly can't see how that could be done for working with paper cards. (It'd be relatively easy to do within an existing Tarot app, but that's another story.)

And then, of course, there's the fact that there's not a lot of agreement on how quints should be calculated: With courts? Without courts? Subtract or add reversals? Add in the base card or not? Add in a manually chosen significator? I personally have one five card spread that I generally calculate the quint from only three of the cards...

I'm all for it, if it can be made to be more convenient than just adding and reducing it myself. But I'm honestly not seeing an advantage here. Then again, being without caffeine so far this morning, I may very well be missing something! :joke:

Sulis

Hey Folks!

This isn't something I would pursue to create, but it is something I would use, so I thought I would throw this idea out into the universe via the Forum. Perhaps some techie minded folks will pick it up.

If anybody would like to develop a quint calculator app that would be awesome!

:)

Why do you need one? It's hardly difficult to add up a few cards..

And different people calculate the quintessential card in different ways... When it first started being used it was used just for TdMs with the Tirage en Croix spread where it was the 5th card; the sum of the rest, the quintessence of the spread and it was calculated by adding the numbered cards together and reducing to less than 22.
Now some people include the Courts (that aren't even numberered), some people subtract cards if they're reversed etc....

If you're really having trouble adding, a regular calculator will do it.

Edited to add: Oops sorry, it looks as if I've said almost exactly the same thing as jolie_amethyst :).

Ace of Stars

Fun fact: CBD Tarot de Marseille Pro has a Tirage en Croix spread that has the quint card in the center.

Interesting idea to include this option all the time.

Shonna @ Galaxy Tone

G6

Fun fact: CBD Tarot de Marseille Pro has a Tirage en Croix spread that has the quint card in the center.

Interesting idea to include this option all the time.

Shonna @ Galaxy Tone

Cool someone thought of it and included in a deck app! A stand alone would be cool too!