2 cards the same in readings for 2 different people?!?

allaboutsoul

I did a reading for someone yesterday and a reading for someone else today, and in both readings, I got the exact same card for two of the positions.

In both readings, which were Celtic Cross readings, 4 of Swords was the top of the cross, which I call "possible outcome", and Page of Wands was the bottom of the staff, which I call "Self."

What do you think is going on here? Did 2 different people, who have never even met, need to hear some of the same information? or maybe it has something to do with something the cards wish to tell ME?

nisaba

As you do more readings, you'll find that issues occur in batches. (An emergency nurse I know tells me that emergency-admissions to hospitals occur in batches, too: one day it'll all be neglected infections, another, all gardening injuries, another, all burns...)

I think you've just rubbed up against your first batch.

That being said, there are only 78 cards in the deck. Each card has to be able to say a lot of different things, depending on context and the client. It may be that the message from these two cards might have been very different.

Grizabella

I worked as a bartender and also at a hospital and things do go in batches. For awhile at the hospital we saw a lot of non-Hodgkins lymphoma, for instance, and then there'd be a run on the pediatricians having to open ER on weekends for little kids who were sick, etc. Bartending, there would be lots of fights for awhile and then for awhile women shucking their clothes off on the dance floor for another while. lol Maternity wards get swamped with births around the full moon, too.

You'll learn to see the message in groups of cards instead of just thinking of the keywords for one card alone and then it gets easier to see that the same cards can mean different things for different situations.

Also, shuffle really, really well between readings. It can take awhile to really randomize the cards, especially if they tend to shuffle in clumps.

nisaba

Also, shuffle really, really well between readings. It can take awhile to really randomize the cards, especially if they tend to shuffle in clumps.

This is not bad advice. When I first get a deck and at any stage a deck doesn't seem randomised enough to me (a heap of Majors or Courts have bunched up together, for instance), to randomise or re-randomise it I'll shuffle briefly, then count out the cards into six or seven piles in front of me, then put those piles together in a chaotic order into one, ten shuffle briefly again, then rinse and repeat. :)

nisaba

<duplicate post>

SunChariot

I did a reading for someone yesterday and a reading for someone else today, and in both readings, I got the exact same card for two of the positions.

In both readings, which were Celtic Cross readings, 4 of Swords was the top of the cross, which I call "possible outcome", and Page of Wands was the bottom of the staff, which I call "Self."

What do you think is going on here? Did 2 different people, who have never even met, need to hear some of the same information? or maybe it has something to do with something the cards wish to tell ME?

My belief is that the right cards tend to always come up. That says to me that the answer for the two people was the same, or at least the part of the answer represented by that cards. It happens that way sometimes.

Babs