Mercury in Retrograde

tarot_quest

Ok I have to add something :)

I personally have mercury retrograde at birth. There is a weird idea that kids/teenager/young adult with this placement perform less well at school. It is absolutely not the case for me. School as always been easy and I am presently doing a PhD. I have also nearly always get good grades for my oral presentation and people told me that I have good presentation skills.

The only inconvenient with this placement is that we have the IMPRESSION that we don't express ourselves clearly...! When I talk to my boss about our project, I will think about the next sentence and clarify things because I feel that I am not enough clear.

I also think that some people with mercury retrograde can have a deeper understanding of things because we see things with a different perspective and we rely on what we feel/perceive. Ok I don't want to generalize here!

Hope it will change this weird conception about retrograde mercury! :p

ravenest

It might be well placed in your chart.

I am 'assuming ' revision plays some small part in being able to gain a PhD ? ;)

ravenest

I never know when Mercury is in retrograde. My life is peaceful and calm all the time nowdays, and my readings work.

I find that on Facebook particularly, lots of my friends squawk "Mercury retrograde!" like an accusation when they personally are going through a bad time: I go away and look it up and often Mercury isn't retrograde.

:) ... dont ya 'love that' ;

I feel this (so I will blame it on Mercury Rx ) ... next time I feel that 'Ohh Mercury must be retrograde !" Even though it isnt.

As far as Mercury 'the trickster' goes ; < does ' magic trick ' > "Whoa ! What ? ? Do that AGAIN please ." .... Mercury retrograde in action :)

tarot_quest

Hi ravenest,

How is your mercury? Mine is conjunct to mars, in the 11th house in libra. I don't know if it is super well aspected (its also opposite to my moon and Jupiter), so I can be impulsive

jason.lee83

As someone with both Ascendant and moon ruled by Mercury, I say this affects me most. I tend to have more misunderstandings than usual. I also find it hard (more effort is required)
so as not to be misunderstood.

on the plus side,though, I get to see things clearly and realize what needs to be changed about some things.

J

ravenest

Hi ravenest,

How is your mercury? Mine is conjunct to mars, in the 11th house in libra. I don't know if it is super well aspected (its also opposite to my moon and Jupiter), so I can be impulsive

Fine thanks :)

danieljuk

I have no problems reading during it, but I have found trying to get my reading out there to be the problem! Reading during retrograde (and I only do readings online mostly), I have had the querent realise they asked the wrong question (after I did the reading ugh), my internet and computers have literally prevented me from posting the reading and have had the person I am reading for, just disappear and not complete our exchange :( My problems are all communications issues but not divinationary issues.

Tanga

Hmm. Interesting.

I have not yet noticed any impact of "Mercury in Retorgade" on my readings.
Perhaps as I begin to do more (professionally) I may notice something.

What I do notice, at this time, is that people I know in general. appear to have alot more things to juggle in their lives - or that this juggling is expressed as more challenging than it usually is.
So I experience it like this: Everyone else is in some sort of uproar - or outside stuff seems to be "going wrong" - and as a knock-on it impacts me. Because everyone then seems to be complain alot more to me, or to be in some kind of crisis, or I notice I'm getting stuck on broken trains more than usual.

:)

luiner

So far I don't think this is effecting my readings, but I was born when Mercury in retrograde.
Maybe the effect won't influence me that much?
Beside this the first time I've ever heard about Mercury in retrograde.
So I googled and checked around, I found out I was born when Mercury, Jupiter, Chiron and Lilith in retrograde.
Not sure whatever that means...