Chomp down on the magic mug...

Durant Hapke

beep...

Brothers, and Sisters,

What a robust collision of Jack bird demiurgic minds!

I'm into the rhythm, the pulse of insightful, and provocative ideas.

Bring it.

Bring the whimsy funk.

Be the ever expanding disciple of funk -- the future funk masters.

To day the Earl will be celebrated with a grand pastrami on rye (with cabbage slaw and provolone).

The keys are always floating (teasing) out in front of my "soft" eye bulbs -- "if you have ice, throw in a cube or two, if not, I'll gladly take it straight."

I'm on the MeeWah party yacht -- the cup -- if not a fancy robot -- a wondrous mechanized device to be sure, one worthy of investigation, reflection, and reinvention?

I've been jaw boning a good long while with Samantha (find friend as she is -- always up for the new -- though her world view is a bit "soft" for my tastes at times), about the notion of RTM Symbolism (Real Time Modernism), and how we (as humans) have a kind of special Jack bird reverence for the icons of old.

Don't be shy with your thoughts, do Jacking, Jack bird share, and bring it, bring the gray matter love.

She, Samantha, believes it is because of a kind of nostalgic romanticism at work, the notion that symbols, or glyphs, or icons (the wand, sward, that stone deal those hood waring dudes get all down with -- yeah, bring that "orgy" of lust love my way), from the past are potent because they have been cared for, and passed on by many others -- they have a rocking rock star heritage, they have inspired many to act and ponder.

"They breath better because of time," she says, "modern symbols lack the patina of being."

Sitting atop that tall bar stool, sporting her little cat eye glasses, pushing out against that "Ghost in the Shell" tee, she is a beauty to be sure -- never bore of taking snaps of that girls frame.

I digress.

It's a kind of cyclical distillation, is my spin, meaningful symbols maintain their relevance, as people are listening for the subtle echo of their past existence, and meaning.

Which, upon hearing, provides the "tuned" student potent fuel for the creation of the next spark of narrative or "drum beat of potential" -- it's a self referential loop, a mirror of a mirror.

Bring me a cold one, I'm heating up.

So, robots...

I'm all about Jack bird automatons.

Make them dance, and party!

I'm all about the mix of old and new, the "molding" of the futures perceptions of my "now.'

What would a reading for a truly thinking machine be like -- could it happen? Will it?

I Jacky Jack bird bellow, "it must!"

And what about "the grays?"

Will they bring they're own deck? Will it contain 78, or 42, or 109 cards?

It's all there, if we can but perceive.

Durant "fuel the universe" Hapke

Alta

I agree with your friend that symbols gain in potency over time because so many people invest them with energy. Many things would just be 'ordinary', in the world, but so many over centuries have felt, thought and in time believed that the symbols had power that eventually the symbols exist in power, calling upon all the energies that so many people have donated.

For example, when I say the 23rd Psalm, I can hear in my head echoes of a million million voices saying it with me in supplication, thankfulness, fear and resignation. It has power because this repetition and belief.

"it's a self referential loop, a mirror of a mirror" I do not see symbols that way, if they were, they would simply turn in themselves and lose all potency.

room

Durant Hapke said:
Bring me a cold one, I'm heating up.

I notice you didn't wave though.

Jack bird don't grok the cuckoo bird. Not surprising.

Room (distilled perception on the rocks with a fresh slice of lime potential)

Durant Hapke

Rocking rock star, Marion,

Bring the insight!

Yeah, I'm down with that action, your drawing lines I can detect, and "feel."

On the 23rd Psalm angle, wow, I've felt that kind of vibe going around.

Like once I was soaking up the perfect clear sky afternoon with some funky friends at this killer out door concert -- back a few calendars now, but, Oh, so sweet a breezy bit of dreaming -- and the whole crowd, of about, what? Twenty thousand were singing along with the band, and it was all like clouds of "love" and "intention" floating from the present into the future unknown.

If that band was playing around and around for a few centuries (they were a local trio, called something like, Drum Club, or Jam Club, I think, the dues were warming up for a big headliner... maybe Green Day. Like I said there was a lot going on, it was really nice, sunny, you know the drill -- cold beers, and hot curves), so if that band was able to play for decades, and decades, think about the funky thought powered intention stream each new generation of concert goers would drop into... Nitro!

About my "mirror of a mirror" angle, it's really a bit different then what you've proposed, in my brain pan at least.

Here's a bit of a number for you to bubble into?

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/1998/mirror.html

Basically some brothers, and sisters over at MIT have created a perfect mirror. Here's a jag from the article:

"...For me, what's really interesting is the ability to trap light and manipulate the way it flows in matter," Fink said. "This is going to revolutionize the way people think about confining light." Trapping light invites all sorts of intriguing questions, Fink points out. For instance, if you light a candle in a room lined with perfect mirrors, would the room stay illuminated even after the flame is extinguished?"

Freak action, no?

My thinking is a big bag of bring it.

The cards trap meaning in a similar way.

The symbols I'm into -- some of course in and about the seventy eight, are like this action -- they are Jack bird forever connected to their potency and/or meaning, and can not be stripped of it, as the next viewer is preloaded with "like" interpretations (this is not an exact meaning, rather a "call for one." And that call, is a bit universal as man shares a back stock of archetypes -- the meanings may be "soft" and shift quite a bit, however given the size of the universe -- both physical and/or psychological -- they are more similar then different... That's my action anyway).

That's not so clear, but I think your onto it all.

And Yeah, Room, Cuckoo's no stranger in a Jack bird land.

Durant "I'll have two with sauce, hold the onions... Hell, just bring them as well? Hapke

room

Durant Hapke said:
And that call, is a bit universal as man shares a back stock of archetypes -- the meanings may be "soft" and shift quite a bit, however given the size of the universe -- both physical and/or psychological -- they are more similar then different

When does archetype become dogma?

There are observable archetypes in societies of Earth, but when does the archetype become imposed dogma that restricts the size of the universe?

Always.

So, if you strictly follow an archetype and someone's shift, you are restricted in the universe, given the size of the universe.

Do humans need to feel restricted to feel connected to each other?

If so connected to each other, what do we miss in our restricted universe?

Are you tuned in or simply walking a deep groove bereft of literal universality?

If similarity restricts why not create something that doesn't restrict?

Bubble into that, MIT graduates do.

Room (questions, hot curves and red hot chili peppers with fried connective tissue on a toasted sesame seed bun)

Durant Hapke

get a spoon...

Brothers, and Sisters,

Provide me an old sock, or perhaps a worn dish towel, I must wipe the grease from my tools, and set to tuning my sputtering gear box -- the gray slab of "spark meat" the resides in the all to tight cavity of my noggin.

You cut your questions from the same cloth as I, Room, though your scissors appears to be much sharper, and better cared for then my battered, and abused pair.

A blistering amount of head moshing to be done here, so the best I can do it this click of the clock hand, is add your thought sauce to the stew I've got on the boil.

What spins true for me today...

Are restrictions woven into the fabric of reality?

I bark "yes" up a tree (a very shaky old bit of wood), however, what needs to be examined, it seems to me, perhaps in some deeper Jack bird way, is the entire notion of said "restrictions."

Perhaps "registration points" is more appropriate, that's my angle on it.

What separates a safe haven from a jail cell?

I'll think a bit more on this over cocktails, and a few Camels.

Interesting.

And the universe? Yeah, baby, the "puppets" do have their own Tarot.

Durant "the old days echo back" Hapke

room

Durant Hapke said:
Perhaps "registration points" is more appropriate, that's my angle on it.

I think this might be so, as it allows room for maneuvering restricted reality in other registers.

What separates a safe haven from a jail cell?

No separation, a different angle.

Room (sautéed x-squared maneuvered over restrict fried rice with a dab of blistering hot sauce)

room

Um. . . .

[Edited: in case anyone wants to know, this is the Queen of Cups from La Corte dei Tarocchi; produced by Il Meneghello with artwork by Anna Maria D'Onofrio.]

Durant Hapke

bring the noise...

Brothers, and Sisters,

Rocking rock star Room, has brought the custom goodness.

Killer.

Wild action always appreciated -- bring it -- I owe you a bit of a jag, and perhaps in no time soon, I'll hook it over, before the Jack bird end of whack, what month is this?

Until then, here's a bit of a meditation on the two of cups I did a bit back ago -- I vampire a page on the pro-forum -- rocking goodness.

Dead link -- sad -- bad.

That said, I'd be curious about the "creative sparks" of others in the process of "visually distilling" the seventy eight.

I find the imagery so very dense at times, it's like a slotted silver spoon stirring up my brain, or like flipping threw a road atlas of a state you only visited one time. It all looks a bit familiar, but all those Jack bird roads? Give me a break.

The two of mugs was a real jabber box, still trying to make sense of it, and tune in all that crazy gibberish.

Durant "one day soon" Hapke

room

Durant Hapke said:
Until then, here's a bit of a meditation on the two of cups I did a bit back ago -- I vampire a page on the pro-forum -- rocking goodness.

http://forum.sketchup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=186686&d=1177561854
I saw this previously through a link in your New Members thread.

I like the illustrative style--nice and clean. Do you ever draw architectural elements? Those are my favourite.

The arm in the one you did for this one (I think you said 8 of Swords?):
http://forum.sketchup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=186641&d=1177469654

Reminds me of an old Shirley Maclaine movie called "What a Way To Go," in that one her husbands kept dying in accidents--think she was married to Paul Newman in this particular vignette. He was an artist who used machines to paint--they had long arms through which the paint was pumped. He got strangled by them. What a way to go.

Anyway, I'm sure many folks here will be interested in your ongoing artistic explorations of tarot cards. My guess is you do graphic art for an advertising firm or maybe freelance? It looks like you are using markers with a bit of Photoshop or Illustrator.

I like advertising art and drawing and comic art. I prefer illustration to swirly paintings and such.

Yup, be interesting to see where you go with it. You could do the Queen of Cups for this thread. That would be interesting.