Keeping it lighthearted

greenseer

Thanks for your input guys, I'm learning so much already < 3

nisaba

When we aren't hired to do birthday parties along with the clowns and balloon-twisters! :) No, you're absolutely right. I never read for entertainment value, I'm just not wired that way.
It's not even how we're wired - it's how Tarot works. I get hired on a semi-regular basis by a local venue as "entertainment" on occasions like Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Halloween. They pay me a set fee, their customers get free readings. It's meant to be light-hearted, but I can't choose which cards come out. When grim cards come out, I tend to tell them that they need more attention than they are going to get on an occasion like this, and they probably don't want their friends overhearing, and here's how to get in touch with me privately ...

(I must cultivate your knack for "laser analysis." As usual, pithy and precise. Maybe I'll coin a phrase . . ."pithing my points" })
Thank you> I didn't know I did that.

rmcfarron

Thank you> I didn't know I did that.

Oh, yes, of course you do! You go right to the heart and the point of the matter. I've even considered coining a phrase: to 'nisaba' a subject...:)

Grizabella

When we aren't hired to do birthday parties along with the clowns and balloon-twisters! :) No, you're absolutely right. I never read for entertainment value, I'm just not wired that way. (I must cultivate your knack for "laser analysis." As usual, pithy and precise. Maybe I'll coin a phrase . . ."pithing my points" })

Pleathe don't pith in public. It'th impolite, to thay the leatht.

ravenest

Oh, yes, of course you do! You go right to the heart and the point of the matter. I've even considered coining a phrase: to 'nisaba' a subject...:)

We already have that phrase in Australia - too late ..... (the meaning is different though).

Madelyn

You could always remind them that they are indeed JUST cards. Energy infused things that are interpretable, and nothing is ever set in stone. Just by knowing that something may happen as told by the cards, could cause that person to change it if they wish to c: If its a negative reading on top of being too deep, don't sugar coat! But just shrug maybe find a joke in it if thats an appropriate situation to do so! Thats what I used to do. Now I remind people of the just cards things, but sometimes I end up babbling about my belief system ._. lol!