Christ-follower who loves Tarot.

Holland

The title says it all.
Although...I consider myself more spiritual than 'Christian'.
A little bit about myself...I always have been the black sheep, even in the christian life, even some would discriminate me, however I refuse to let anyone change my view on my beliefs and tell me what I should and should not do, Jesus is my savior, I still not a fan of his groupies. That being said, over 2 months ago, I had a small epiphany and have dived into tarot, and psychic exercise the works(except there are some things I won't touch).
Over all am I the only 'Christian' out there who does tarot, physic exercises, palmistry ect. ? If not, what is your experience? Has it helped in your path? I just want to know your opinion and inputs. I am very new to this site and to the community.

P.S. Opening up about my beliefs is something very new, I rarely do this(makes me feel uncomfy to be honest). Just thought you should know. I prefer to let my life speak myself than my mouth...then again this a thread, so kinda have to speak my mind. :p. Then again how else can I grow? Blessings my friends.

Grizabella

There are quite a few Christians on this site. You're in good company here. I'm sure some of them will be along to post in this thread sooner or later. It's not uncommon to be Christian and use the cards.

Holland

Thank you for that. I don't want to sound cocky but I really thought I was the only one in the world...okay that was a tad dramatic, but you know what I mean. The way I grew up, it was unheard of for Christians to use cards...but now that I have done my research I realized I am not alone, I am hoping this thread will give me a chance to talk to some :p. Thank you and blessings.

Strenght

Thank you for that. I don't want to sound cocky but I really thought I was the only one in the world...okay that was a tad dramatic, but you know what I mean. The way I grew up, it was unheard of for Christians to use cards...but now that I have done my research I realized I am not alone, I am hoping this thread will give me a chance to talk to some :p. Thank you and blessings.

Hi Holland. Yep it is true, it is not uncommon to be Christian and read Tarot. I don't think they contradict at all.
All the best :)

Holland

Hi Holland. Yep it is true, it is not uncommon to be Christian and read Tarot. I don't think they contradict at all.
All the best :)
Thank you! I have to agree with you on that, they truly do compliment. Although obviously the origins are not Christians...then again so isn't a Christmas, let alone Easter, so that does not bother me. :p

TheStarsAndTheMoon

Hey there again holland. I was raised Christian, I'm now pagan, but I first began my tarot adventures in high school when I was still Christian. Its pretty common and the rider waite has a good few abrahamic symbols peppered through it.

There are also christo pagans. Which is a contested thing (by some people... mostly other Christians). There are people who exist who believe in Christ, but don't favor his groupies either. They're witches and followers of Christ which is the quick and dirty explanation. You'll find quite a few on tumblr. I identify as a heathen these days so I won't be of much help. I just know the very basics of christo paganism.

Holland

Hey Star and Moon and moon, I really appreciated your last comment and this one as well! Oh I am learning a lot and wow, I am having my eyes open. I can not tell you how pleased I am to be on this site and learning. :D

Holland

I wonder how that works ???
I have to admit I want to know how this works too. I would like to know how witch can be a Christian....I mean does that not contradict both sides of the party and beliefs? Keep in mind, I am still 2 months new in the Tarot world so I am going to ask silly questions.

ravenest

I am 30 years into tarot and I am still asking such 'silly questions' :)