Concerned

Cancer69

Ok, So my readings are always very pinpoint accurate, However when I'm doing the reading I always feel like Im gunna mess up or the clients are wanting me to mess up, Not quite a comfortable feeling, I take pride as tarot card reader and don't want it to go away because of doubt. Has anyone experienced this before? If so do you have any pointers?
Thank you, I'd appreciate it.

empresslove

Don't lose encouragement or give up! Have faith in yourself and your abilities.

Ok, So my readings are always very pinpoint accurate, However when I'm doing the reading I always feel like Im gunna mess up or the clients are wanting me to mess up, Not quite a comfortable feeling, I take pride as tarot card reader and don't want it to go away because of doubt. Has anyone experienced this before? If so do you have any pointers?

Libra289

Never doubt yourself. Relax, whatever comes to you, trust it. Definitely normal to feel nervous or under pressure when reading for others :)

Cancer69

Thank you, :) I really needed that, It's not like I can go ask the neighbors for advice when it come to tarot or the mystic arts, It's not the average joe who can read them and understand yah know? thank you I appreciate it.

Libra289

Thank you, :) I really needed that, It's not like I can go ask the neighbors for advice when it come to tarot or the mystic arts, It's not the average joe who can read them and understand yah know? thank you I appreciate it.

Good, I'm glad to have helped! :) all the best.

dancing_moon

Welcome to AT! :)

It's only natural to feel nervous when doing readings for others. I do. :) Over time I'm just learning to cope with it better and trust Tarot and my skill more, that's it.

Perhaps, it can help if you don't think of it in terms of 'accuracy' but concentrate on doing your best interpreting the cards in front of you and delivering the message. Sometimes the querent won't know how accurate it was until it happens in the future. Sometimes the querent just won't admit how good the reading was, for different reasons: out of shame, pride, disbelief in 'those silly esoteric things' or whatever. All we can do is read the cards to the best of our ability, and the rest is in the hands of the Universe.

Good luck! :)

RaaD

Hi there. I had that problem before. How i solve it????

I am always saying to my client before starting a reading that i dont have special powers, im just a card interpreter. So if a card does not make sense to you ( the querent ) i need some details.

Citrin

I'm also struggling with the same thing! Everytime I write down a reading, then read through it, I just go "Oh shit what if I'm completely off here?!". What helps me in that moment is thinking "It's okay, if I mess up the client will tell me and I can make it up to them by doing a new reading or something, it's okay." but I've never managed to actually stop having those feelings of doubt. It's weird ´cause I've basically never "messed up" a reading! It's probably some insecure that is deeper than just involving tarot readings...

Rosewater

Hi there. I had that problem before. How i solve it????

I am always saying to my client before starting a reading that i dont have special powers, im just a card interpreter. So if a card does not make sense to you ( the querent ) i need some details.

That's a good idea, RaaD, I'll take that on.

Grizabella

It's a strange phenomenon but the times when the first thing that pops into my head is "oh no, it can't be that" are the times when I should just go ahead and say what I'm thinking. That very thing may be the actual thing you needed to relay to your sitter. It's one of my favorite things about reading the cards, in fact. But when that thought comes to mind, it's like the Fool stepping off the cliff with no safety net---trying not to panic and just giving the information.