My mom touched my cards

karen0205

A lot of people say you should cleanse your deck if someone touches or holds your cards (sorry for making a mistake in title, my mom actually held and shuffled my deck).

I don't think you need to do anything. :) The readings you do come from you,
not the cards. I don't think that your mom using the deck will make your readings
any different. If you are unsure you can always cleanse them. There are
ways that people do that here on the forum. I just put the deck back in
the correct order. I do that and I also keep a clear crystal in my drawer
where I keep my decks that I use. You could keep a crystal in the bag with
the deck if you use a bag. Or just set the crystal on top of the deck when
you aren't using it. I think you will be ok with your readings and shouldn't
have to do them again. Good luck with your readings!

3ill.yazi

Unless your mom works flipping burgers, or reeks of Fabreze, I would have no concern about her touching your deck.

Wardi7

I tend to do one of two things: either spraying the area around them with a cleansing mist I made and putting the cards in order. Honestly, I have found that when my life gets crazy, putting the cards in order seems to settle me.

chimera68

I'm going to take a little different angle here on this question...first, this is bad to say, but my mom truly has some weird karma attached on her, so I don't let her touch my cards if possible. She had a few decks of her own that I gave her years ago, and when her mind lost the ability to remember why she had them, I kept them for awhile but eventually sold them, because her decks would not read for me at all. Hope they are okay in their new homes.....they were all in almost new condition.

Which leads me to my second point, I own many re-homed decks, some are even damaged or short a few cards, but have had quite good luck in finding these to be "friendly" decks to me anyway, despite where they may have come from or who handled them. I only had problems with one mean deck and was able to re-sell it very quickly, not knowing why it was mean to me, but later on bought another of the same kind and it was more beat-up and obviously used and handled a lot more, and it was just fine with no bad attetude problem like the previous one. There is a lot to wonder about..........

blackkat

Hmmm.... I'll admit to cleansing mine regularly with sun and moonlight. I just wrap them in cotton and stick in a window at dawn and gather them up the next night. So, they sit in the sun the whole day and in the moon the whole night. The cotton is to keep them from fading.

Afterwards, they go into silk wraps or bags. Then they are stored in a particular box.
I have heard stories about people keeping a small quartz cluster in the same area as their cards and tools, too.

A disclaimer, I practice one of those faiths where routine cleansing of tools and stones and such is typical.