Annoying

Cancer69

Has anyone else had a client that asked for, Something like "What's my favorite color?" or anything to that degree? I've had a few and I find it disrespectful and annoying. I put my best face on as to not lower my self to the rudeness they are displaying. But still, why do people think It's some kind of joke? I get their real question in and they feel bad that they were rude, still why do to begin with?

Madelyn

I had someone very skeptical that was a close friend that asked "Should I drink a glass of milk when I get home" it was in a 14 card spread! It was awesome because even though I doubt he believes still the cards ended up being something like "It will stimulate the economy and give you more excersize since you will need to get more milk eventually". I get what you mean, though. I am a skeptic reader and still find it downright offensive some of the things people ask you to answer. Its very disrespectful :c

Sar

Has anyone else had a client that asked for, Something like "What's my favorite color?" or anything to that degree? I've had a few and I find it disrespectful and annoying. I put my best face on as to not lower my self to the rudeness they are displaying. But still, why do people think It's some kind of joke? I get their real question in and they feel bad that they were rude, still why do to begin with?

I had an idiot aquitance come up with silly questions once, but I put him at his place, and now he is like butter on bread.

Cancer69

Yeah

I'm glad it's not just me, although I wish it didn't have to happen to any reader in the first place. And I glad you put him in his place. butter on bread sounds nice right actually, lol. :D

AJ

some people, like me, lead a very mundane life, we don't have any earthshaking questions that need answered. Don't mean would wouldn't like a reading.

Use it as an entry door...

nisaba

A lot of people are trying to test you, to see if you are for real before you start reading.

Sad case, I had a client recently, a middle-aged, well-educated man. According to the owner of the shop I read out of, he'd been there the previous day asking for a reader, but for some reason didn't want to sit with the one rostered on that day. I got him in, and asked my usual opening question, was there an area of his life or a particular subject he wanted the reading to focus on. He said no, he just wanted me to do my stuff. So I used a general spread, that pulls a few cards for home, a few for work, money and business, a few for the heart, and a few for health. He let me talk on all of these things for the entire length of the (timed) reading. After I finished and it was time for him to leave, he told me what the real issue was, and it was something easy enough to read about, but nothing that would have come up on my "general" spread. As a result of his wish to test me, he wasted the entire half-hour, and got two minutes on what was actually vitally important to him.

Another client, several years earlier and in another venue, asked me to "read on his past first" before he decided whether I was good enough to read on his future.

Another client at that same previous venue, asked for a past-present-future reading, and I complied. Afterwards when they were paying the shop-owner, I overheard them saying I was brilliant on the past and brilliant on the present, but they were certain I was completely wrong on the future <grin>.

Barleywine

This is a thorny question. I don't take "walk-ins," so I don't usually have to deal with it. I try to set the stage for a reading with a certain amount of dignity and gravity. I briefly explain what a "general" reading will yield and what can be expected from a more specific inquiry. If I get a frivolous question, I will deflect it and pry something more worthwhile out of the initial interview. I won't waste my time and I won't cave in to manipulative behavior masquerading as prudent skepticism. But then I'm not trying to make money at this, so I have some latitude to set my own rules.

Cancer69

@ Nisaba

Makes sense I guess, Although I really hates tests.... lol ehehe... eh...ewwww.... That wasn't funny...but still. It's just hard to appreciate people when they put you in the spotlight, I'm still young so I guess I have a lot to learn, regardless of all my training and wisdom I have had and have, And on another note @ Nisaba Do you happen to work for a fortune telling company or something? I'm only asking because you said something about a roster. If so would you tell me what it is like? Or how to get in? I have been curious and wanting to work for a company like that.

Apollonia

At the shop where I used to read, if I wasn't in a reading, customers could just walk into my reading room and chat with me before they decided whether or not they wanted a reading. One wise guy was showing off to his girlfriend. He came with her to the entrance of the room, fixed me with a penetrating gaze and just stood there in silence, his eyes locked on mine. After a couple of seconds, I laughed and said, "No." He was visibly shaken, turned and left abruptly. He was trying to test me and prove a point, but although he was trying to shake me up, he ended up being the one shaken up. It made my day.

Cancer69

:D

HA! I wish I could have seen that! :D