Waiting for the Ring Spread

Glass Owl

In another thread an AT member was asked to do a reading with the question "Will I get proposed to by my boyfriend?" and she asked if there were others spreads that may be more appropriate for the topic than the one she used. After doing a bit of looking, I couldn't find one so I decided to come up with one.

Since I personally don't care for yes/no questions or timing questions I'd rather reword the question, something along the lines of: "What does my friend Jane need to know in regards to her relationship with Joe, specifically in regards to her hope that Joe will propose marriage to her?"

With that in mind, here is a spread that I came up with. It should look like a ring.

Waiting for the Ring Spread by Glass Owl (6)

-----1----
-5--3-4--6
-----2---

1. What does Jane (the querent) need to know concerning Joe's view on their relationship?
2. What does Jane need to know concerning Joe's view on getting engaged in the near future?
3. What may increase the probability of Joe proposing to Jane in the near future?
4. What may decrease the probability of Joe proposing to Jane in the near future?
5. What should Jane do while she is waiting? (advice)
6. What should Jane NOT do while she is waiting? (advice)

Nytebugg

I like this spread. I used it for something other than a proposal question but one where I am waiting for an invite from the another. It was very helpful to me.

Glass Owl

Nytebugg said:
I like this spread. I used it for something other than a proposal question but one where I am waiting for an invite from the another. It was very helpful to me.
Cool! I am glad that it helped you.

Now that you mention using it for a different purpose, that has got me thinking about other possibilities and spread variations. I really think it could be used for a date proposal too. Heck, even the name of the spread could have more than one meaning... waiting for the phone to *ring*.

Modified version: Waiting for a date proposal.
-----1----
-5--3-4--6
-----2---
1. What does Jane (the querent) need to know about Joe?
2. What does Jane need to know concerning Joe's view of going out with Jane out in the near future?
3. What may increase the probability of Joe asking Jane out in the near future?
4. What may decrease the probability of Joe asking Jane out on a date in the near future?

Modified version: Waiting for communication via text/call/email
-----1----
-5--3-4--6
-----2---
1. What does Jane (the querent) need to know about Joe?
2. What does Jane need to know concerning Joe's current view of communicating with Jane?
3. What may increase the probability of Joe contacting Jane the near future?
4. What may decrease the probability of Joe contacting Jane in the near future?

AllyBerry

Hi, there! I just wanted to say that your spread has become on of my favorites. Thank you for sharing! :)

Glass Owl

For those of you who like to print out and save your spreads, here is a condensed version which basically puts all of the versions together...

Waiting For The Ring Spread by Glass Owl

"What does my friend Jane need to know in regards to her relationship with Joe, specifically in regards to her hope that Joe will propose marriage to her?"

"What do I need to know about Wayne and my hope that he will text me?

This spread is perfect for questions like these! When you find yourself in a situation where you are waiting for someone to act (propose, ask you out on a date, call, text, etc) use this spread to gain clarity and helpful advice.

-----1----
5--3--4--6
-----2-----

1. What does the querent need to know about the other person?

2. What does the querent neeed to know concerning the other person's view of the situation?

* Examples: What does Jane need to know concerning Joe's view of getting engaged in the near future?
* What I need to know concerning Wayne's current view of communicating with me?

3. What may increase the probability of the other person performing the action that the querent wishes he/she would do?

* Examples: What may increase the probability of Joe proposing to Jane in the near future?
* What may increase the probability of Wayne contacting me in the near future?

4. What may decrease the probability of the other person doing what the querent wishes he/she would do?

* Examples: What may decrease the probability of Joe proposing to Jane in the near future?
* What may decrease the probability of Wayne contacting me in the near future?

5. What should the querent do while waiting? (advice)

6. What should the querent NOT do while waiting? (advice)

Glass Owl

I have had some fun tweaking this spread to meet the specific needs of some people on this forum. Here a few...

Modified version: Waiting for a former lover to come back

-----1----
-5--3-4--6
-----2----

1. What do I need to know about my former lover?
2. What do I need to know concerning my former lover's current view of our relationship?
3. What may increase the probability of my former lover coming back to me in the next __ months?*
4. What may decrease the probability of my former lover coming back to me in the next __ months?*
5. What should I do while waiting? (advice)
6. What should I NOT do while waiting? (advice)
*You can use a time frame of your own choosing.

Modified version: Waiting/finding a job

-----1----
-5--3-4--6
-----2----

1. What does the querent need to know about him/herself as a worker?
2. What does the querent need to know concerning their employment situation?
3. What may increase the probability of the querent finding a job in the next __ months?*
4. What may decrease the probability of the querent finding a job in the next __ months?*
5. What should the querent do while looking for employment? (advice)
6. What should the querent NOT do while looking for employment? (advice)
*You can use a time frame of your own choosing.

Modified version: waiting for a phone call saying that you got the job that you applied for

-----1----
-5--3-4--6
-----2----

X= The Employer/Person in charge of hiring

1. What do I need to know about X?
2. What do I need to know concerning X's view of hiring someone to fill this position?
3. What may increase the probability of X contacting me to say that I got the job?
4. What may decrease the probability of X contacting me to say that I got the job?
5. What should I do while I'm waiting? (advice)
6. What should I NOT do while I'm waiting? (advice)

You may also want to add a 7th card to this (this could even be an oracle card) to answer another question: "If I'm not offered this job, what positive can I take from this experience?"

Eyebright

Just bumping this spread! I've just used it and it was a very insightful reading. I love this spread as well, it lends itself so well to be modified and adapted.

Many thanks, Glass Owl :heart: