TOADies Anonymous.

willowy

Okay, here's my latest strategy. I repurposed a CD shelf, and moved my favourite decks into it. My least favourite have gone into a box at the top of my wardrobe where they'll stay for about six months before I decide whether to sell them. As you'll see in the attached photo, the shelf is full. No more room for decks. Problem solved?! If one comes in, one must go out. I think. Still refining the details, but I think that's it.
Just remembered I have my M M Meleen decks in their own basket, and another basket for non tarot decks, but that's it. Truly!

I'm also noticing room for a couple more ;)
Looks beautiful-I would love to do something like that,but my cats and bag tassles just don't do well together.

Scarlet Woodland

Right, I've made my big, splurgy purchase for the first half of the year... so definitely not allowed anything till the end of July now.

There's a planned purchase being released on my birthday at the very end of July, so that's a good motivation to wait it out. If I get led astray by anything shiny, I'm not allowed that deck for my birthday. Fingers crossed I shouldn't have a problem resisting nowadays but it's good to have some proper motivation :)

ETA: Oh yes... tassles and cats are two very, un-mixy things :D

JylliM

My cat must be exceptionally well behaved. He leaves my decks alone. I'm blessed :)

Cynthia_H

OK, I am ready to take the pledge. Have just cancelled all my unshipped orders on Amazon (can't do too much about the ones already shipped), and have culled my Wish List to 1 page which I'll await until my birthday and only order one.

I am glad I found this thread, I was feeling so alone before, thought I was the only one with a problem .... (PS - cats and tassels are a deadly combo, haven't lost any decks yet but have lost a couple bags).

csmith0406

OK, I am ready to take the pledge. Have just cancelled all my unshipped orders on Amazon (can't do too much about the ones already shipped), and have culled my Wish List to 1 page which I'll await until my birthday and only order one.

I am glad I found this thread, I was feeling so alone before, thought I was the only one with a problem .... (PS - cats and tassels are a deadly combo, haven't lost any decks yet but have lost a couple bags).

Welcome! I recently did the same, I cancelled everything I was able to, including one I really want. But I have enough, and I think taking a break from buying is better than getting another deck.

I think often about what CharlotteK posted here when I'm thinking about a new purchase, it really helps me understand why I want to buy more decks, and why I shouldn't.

I've had a couple close calls, all late at night when surfing the internet. I realized it's partly just a habit, I browse at night and when I see something I buy. So now I try to shut down the electronics and instead work on crochet or read a book.

Cynthia_H

Welcome! I recently did the same, I cancelled everything I was able to, including one I really want. But I have enough, and I think taking a break from buying is better than getting another deck.
I think often about what CharlotteK posted here when I'm thinking about a new purchase, it really helps me understand why I want to buy more decks, and why I shouldn't.
I've had a couple close calls, all late at night when surfing the internet. I realized it's partly just a habit, I browse at night and when I see something I buy. So now I try to shut down the electronics and instead work on crochet or read a book.

Hi csmith0406: Thanks for the link and the encouragement - the internet is deadly, good idea to read a book rather than log on. Cheers, Cynthia

Scarlet Woodland

Right, I've made my big, splurgy purchase for the first half of the year... so definitely not allowed anything till the end of July now.

There's a planned purchase being released on my birthday at the very end of July, so that's a good motivation to wait it out. If I get led astray by anything shiny, I'm not allowed that deck for my birthday. Fingers crossed I shouldn't have a problem resisting nowadays but it's good to have some proper motivation :)

ETA: Oh yes... tassles and cats are two very, un-mixy things :D

Oh god... better make that the end of August/September. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab just re-released a super limited run of Antique Lace, so I am now officially broke.

barefootlife

Oh god... better make that the end of August/September. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab just re-released a super limited run of Antique Lace, so I am now officially broke.

Why did you have to tell me that...although it has white florals in it, doesn't it? I can probably resist. Probably...

Scarlet Woodland

Why did you have to tell me that...although it has white florals in it, doesn't it? I can probably resist. Probably...

Oops, sorry. it sold out within a couple hours anyway.

barefootlife

Oops, sorry. it sold out within a couple hours anyway.

Thank goodness. I already have over 100 bottles, including my TALs. I certainly don't need anything else.

Or any more decks, for that matter. I'm drying out until some Kickstarters come up, I swear.