Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 15 - #135

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 15
Number: 135

Symbol: A STREET PAGENT MOVING ALONG A STREET PACKED WITH PEOPLE.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 328

tink27

This is my son’s Sun sign. At first glance I would think this would enliven one’s character….someone whose the life of a party……a confident, forceful and charismatic personality. But what happens when this life-packed energy is doused by a Pisces Ascendant? In fact he’s quite a loner with a tendency to avoid crowds. So either my calculations are wrong or…..????

Oh darn! The Christmas holidays were wonderful but the first week back at work was stressful! I’m sitting here, nursing the flu (sniff, sniff)!! I won’t even say how many times I’ve looked at this symbol, tried to express it. No verbal fireworks coming from me! Right now I don't feel original, convincing intuitive or extroverted!!

I love purple_scorp’s picture….I’m eager to hear what she sees in this symbol.

Would a street pageant take time to manifest?. All kinds of communication would have been sent out prior to the main event….after all, for it to be a success, it needs support. More than one person involved. I sense a lot of activity behind the scenes. Oh, and flyers, internet access, newspapers all created to uplift and enlighten. And how do you sustain a large crowd? You’ve got to express you have some popular personalities there, along with some little people who want to get known.

I wonder if this symbol has the tendency to go to extremes, getting carried away with it all, even aggressive tactics. Maybe someone who finds themselves involved in causes and activities that draws big crowds. I don’t see them as taking from others….it’s more bringing people together to serve One central idea. Hmm, A circle without a center is empty…..it needs a Spirit to suddenly turn it on and animate it. And this is exactly what this person is doing. Creating an impression, animating, and connecting with other human beings..

I definitely feel this symbol is an urge to do something out of the ordinary….to move out into society, create networks of communication between ourselves and others. Are we trying to create an effect here, as we push our way through the crowds….booming our voice to a mass of people moving through the streets like wind-up toys. Are they listening as you carry on enthusiastically about this special future event? Are some of them sharing your optimism as you ride through the heart of the city? Are there several ‘avenues’ you will be pursuing today?. Are you commanding their attention….are there any cheering and waving of hands as you put on a good show? Or are they piercing angry glances because you’re blocking their way. Can you charm your way around them with your enthusiasm and potent personality? Can you sell anybody anything, like a hairbrush to a bald person? Or will you get discouraged, and call it a day.

I've got other thoughts, but I'll say them and wait to see what others have to say.

tink :love:

Ohh one more thought....if we were in this crowd of people, would it be to our advantage to follow this pagent? Will it lead us to something we weren't even aware of? Kind of a connection a synchronisity at work here?

MCsea

Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Demonstration
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Right atrium
Crystal Element: Opalite-- Opalite can be rock that contains small amounts of opal, or man made glass opal. Spiritually, opalite stimulates the senses, particularly sight and sound. Glamorous self-confidence, strongly encouraging new alternatives. Stamina and personal will helps integrate society's exacting standards with ethics and personal happiness. Dramatic, sociable, assertive and marvellous.

So Tink you son is introverted, mindful - is he focusing on the integration of the parts to make a whole, and even making new alternatives, involved in the background running of things, powerful abilities that may be hidden but are essential for life to move forward... maybe an opposition/square to the sun or possibly a 12th house sun.. or just time - and age...

VERY interesting Leo with Pisces ascendant!

waiting to hear more about this one!

MARINA

tink27

MCsea said:
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Demonstration
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Right atrium
Crystal Element: Opalite-- Opalite can be rock that contains small amounts of opal, or man made glass opal. Spiritually, opalite stimulates the senses, particularly sight and sound. Glamorous self-confidence, strongly encouraging new alternatives. Stamina and personal will helps integrate society's exacting standards with ethics and personal happiness. Dramatic, sociable, assertive and marvellous.

So Tink you son is introverted, mindful - is he focusing on the integration of the parts to make a whole, and even making new alternatives, involved in the background running of things, powerful abilities that may be hidden but are essential for life to move forward... maybe an opposition/square to the sun or possibly a 12th house sun.. or just time - and age...

VERY interesting Leo with Pisces ascendant!

waiting to hear more about this one!

MARINA

Hi Marina,

(giggle) No, my son doesn't have a 12th house sun, I do! But he has an opposition as well as 2 squares. The sun is in opposition to the Moon (ooh that's the mother) and square Mars as well as Pluto. His sun sits in the 5th house which is Leo's home. He's a mid teenager, and if he could, would play video games 24/7.

I read what you've written about opalite. Very interesting!! If I could somehow get him to carry this around with him....would the energy of opalite be subtle in brining out his true character? My ex and I have joint custody and bringing out his personality, these two would definitely butt heads!

MCsea

Opalite would support the development of his personality - I think so - but a few added bonus's is since he is is subject to so many envrionments (home school recreation etc), opalite supports easy change, it has many sublte 'colours' and a persistent white light... it has much potential and its an easy soft crystal that is very warm and heartening :)

thats on one side of it, the other side is the valuable shiny presence, it glows it radiates confidence and 'out there'....

I hope you find some for him, and for you - he is your son so helping you will help him...

Oh off to my 4 yr old son....
Marina

purple_scorp

Hey all,

Hmm.....what do I see in this picture???? Well tink, seeing you asked.....crazy people all getting carried along in the atmosphere. I do recall seeing a movie (though can't remember its title now.....where there was a couple that went to see a street parade and they got carried along in the crowd and separated from each other. They got hustled in totally different directions.....so, yeah...I think this can be about going with the flow, but being taken to far away places that you might not ever go on your own accord.

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

Thanks Marina! There is a metaphysical center in the next town. I'm sure if they don't have opalite, they'd be able to get it for both my son and I. The other option is the Omega Center in Toronto.....and I haven't been there in a long time. Perhaps I should follow this idea and see what avenues it brings. Definitely a store you can get lost in for hours and hours.

Hi purple_scorp!

purple_scorp said:
Hmm.....what do I see in this picture???? Well tink, seeing you asked.....crazy people all getting carried along in the atmosphere. I do recall seeing a movie (though can't remember its title now.....where there was a couple that went to see a street parade and they got carried along in the crowd and separated from each other. They got hustled in totally different directions.....so, yeah...I think this can be about going with the flow, but being taken to far away places that you might not ever go on your own accord.

Hmm crazy people? Looking at the title 'street packed with people', I don't see so much craziness here.....but as you say going with the flow. Something or someone is guiding and propelling us from the inside out. External cues that beckon us to a new direction through fun and openness. Hmm, when I first studied this symbol, I was looking at it from the perspective of Leo's creative energies and abilities to attract others. Now you're helping me to see it from a totally different perspective. I'll have to share this with you later. I've got to go!

MCsea

Hey purple_scorp
yes I like what you say

so we have some factors
the street
the people
the event
the timing
the excitement
the frenzy (like the Haj)
the 'reason' the connection - everyone is there for the same point in time

It reminds me of Princess Dianna's funeral - over 1 billion people watched, everyone was 'there'......

hmmmmmmmmmm

tink27

For your interest....

I found a phenomenal site on the heart and the function of the right and left atrium. The right atrium is the body part for this symbol.

http://www.waldorflibrary.org/waldorf journals project/chapter 1.pdf

Page 11......

The streams of blood entering the right atrium
from the superior and inferior caval veins do not collide, but turn forward
and rotate clockwise forming a vortex. The blood streaming into
the left atrium also forms a vortex, but it turns counterclockwise—
another contrast between the right and left sides of the heart. (To
imagine this hold your index fingers close together, pointing downward
in front of your chest; rotate the right index finger clockwise and
the left finger counterclockwise.)

It’s quite extensive but if you scroll down to about page 8 and on, this site not only explains the mechanics of the heart but of its function with the soul.

It states near the end…(page 16)

When we’ve grasped the circulatory system qualitatively in this way,
it’s not surprising to discover its intimate connection to our inner life
in feelings. Feelings of awe and love allow us to flow out into the world.
We connect, give and learn from the world and bring the fruits of this
interaction back to a center. We experience satisfaction and contentment.
Our joy leads us back into the world. Or our experience of the
world might enkindle fear, anger, or even hate. We draw back into ourselves
when such feelings capture us, and then the healthy oscillation
of the soul between inside and outside, between self and other, is disturbed.

Thoughts........

Pythagoras believed the Universe is a full of patterns and symmetries....a harmonic universe that is well......mathematically beautiful. It is seen as a multidimensional force field and everything in it is a concentrated vibration of this field. All things come to the field, and return. It is everything that is and yet it's empty, for the universe contains nothing but itself.

What if the challenge here is to let go of our ego centered identity, letting go of our need to control and observe what we see and assess what it means to us...emotionally, spiritually, scientifically. When we do this, we will be confronted with the choice of deciding we'll stop here or keep moving.....the question is where??

We have a tendency to gravitate or move towards a single controlling factor, a centralized boss, why? Is it comforting to think someone else is in charge? I mean think of the corrdination that is involved here and of course all the different parts!

Hmm centrally controlled systems...schools, factories....pagents....even families. When we design something new, how do we do it?.....we start and draw it from what we know is familiar..........from a world full of centrally controlled things......