Spanish Card Layouts and Readings

Eios

Here is the new tread I proposed. Please contribute if you have anything to say or if you are interested in the Spanish Cards (Baraja Espanola).

I'll start by posting a few meanings of the cards. These meanings are by no means thourogh or complete, only a rough sketch.

WANDS:

A - Craftiness, Sneaky, Smart, Cheat, Lie.
2 - Child, thoughts, good future, plans.
3 - Magick/Witchcraft, Religion, Packages or luggage.
4 - Failure, misfortune, something unexpected.
5 - Jealousy, envy, betrayal.
6 - Travel.
7 - Countryside, beach, city, agriculture.
Queen or Page - Dark woman, divorced, responsable.
Knight - Someone that is far away.
King - Dark man, divorced, responsable, successful.

If anyone else has other meanings or something to add to the wands, please do so.

Regards

Eios

Cerulean

Thanks and interested in how Wands resemble 'swords'

...in some tarot decks, the Queen of Swords is the divorced woman--and the four of swords is a retreat, the five of swords has betrayal, and six of swords has travel.

I see that the wands in the Latin-suited Spanish cards are quite different to what I'm used to, so will be very interested in seeing the swords/spades.

Thanks for starting this.

Cerulean

Eios

The meanings that I have gathered have some similarity to those given by Etteilla. Again these are not definitive, just some meanings I've picked up here and there.

SWORDS:

A: Without a doubt, affirmation, victory, legal matters.
2: Legal Documents, Educational books and documents , books etc.
3: Separation, termination, distance, final, divorce.
4: Bed (illness or sex), disease, proximity
5: Losses, difficulties, theft.
6: Worry, insecurity, doubt, indecision.
7: Arguments, conflict, grief, tears, anger.
Q: Dark haired woman, firm caracter, sister or family member, divorced.
K: Ordinary man, husband, visitor, thought of the reader.
King: Dark haired man, Inteligent, serious, firm, divorced.

Eios

MatPoint

Hi, I'm glad you opened eventually this thread.

I also use 8's and 9's just in case you want to use them in your readings here you have the meanings.

Wands

8. Evolution, career promotion. Good future.
9. Small problems and obstacles. Need to think before acting or speaking.

In addition to what have already been said ..

Page is also someone who's not trust worthy.
Knight. Bring good news. Someone who travels a lot.

Eios

Hi again,

Thanks Matpoint for those meanings for the 8 & 9 of Wands. Please keep them coming.

Here are the Cups:

A: Home/house, solidity, stability, the present, a past issue that is returning to the present.
2: A friend, lover, close family member.
3: Happy occurrence/event, suprise, union between two people, marriage or romantic proposal.
4: Conversation, good comentary, agreement, obtaining in your favor.
5: Jealousy, envy, ill will, greed, avarice.
6: Love, being in love with somone, compatible partner.
7: Happiness, good circumstances, good outcome, things changing from bad to good, good development.
Q:Brunette woman, married, Mother, good friend, light colored woman w/dark hair, Artist.
Knight: Unstable, well known, business person, womanizer.
King: Dark hair, light color skin, intelligent, responsable, serious.

I'll post a reading tomorrow that i'm doing for a friend and maybe it can be a good example to learn from.

Eios

Eios

Reading

Ok, here is the reading I talked about:

A friend, about 37 years old, asked me if things looked good to start a business taking care of children (daycare):

I cut the deck in three and read the bottom cards:

8wands - 3disks - 9swords

This tells me she is in a uncomfortable position/job and is seeking to move to something more to her liking, where she can evolve further.

I did the spread that Matpoint suggested (Please show us the other spreads you do Matpoint!):

3sw - 7c - 8sw- KgSw - 3c
Qw - KnSw- 2c - 6p - KnW
5sw - Asw - Ap - 5w - Qp
6sw - 9sw - 8c - KnSw- Aw

Knp

As you can see there are a lot of swords and very few pentacles. Not good.

This is my interpretation for the past (top row): She was in a relationship that occured very suddenly with a man that is dark but possible light colored eyes, who is in grief about a love affair (2 cups) (divorce? 3 swords) and sought happiness with her (Qw) also divorced. This is somehow revelant to the question.

Im in a hurry right now so i'll continue later. Please post if you have any comments.

Eios.

MatPoint

Hi here your have my view on this cards.

PAST

3sw - 7c - 8sw- KgSw - 3c

A separation or divorce took place in the past because of the treason from an intelligent man who is somehow related with parties or celebrations.

Mat

Cerulean

New to me, so I'm looking, but it'll take me time.

...sorry to have to be in and out--I'm eagerly reading and when I can get to printing, will be looking at the meanings and checking through my own small deck.

The Etteilla-style reproductions or cartomancy sources can vary for me--so I'm trying to take this using the situation and cards in hand as the main source of information...thank you for the situation example and I'll see if I can come up with anything significant this weekend.

And I apologize in coming late, as only have some lunchtime peeks (when not at work) and some evening time lately to read threads.

Regards,

Cerulean

Eios

Thanks for your interpretation Matpoint.

Are you reading the cards from right to left?

What meaning do you have for the 8 of swords?

Eios

Cerulean

Here is some alternatives from 7 upward

My romantica actually has female pages or queens:

In regards to relationships or people:

Hearts/Cups

7 - Friendship
8 - Affection
Nine - Wish
Ten/Knave - Marriage or Friend with good intention
Queen - A woman of brown hair and blue eyes
King - A man with brown hair and blue eyes

Diamonds/Pentacles

7 - A good income
8 - Success with speculation
9 - Rise in social position
10/Knave - Wealthy marriage/Friend
Queen - A fair woman
King - A fair man

Clubs/Batons/Wands

7 - A business affair
8 - Pleasure in society
9 - Successful business
10/Knave - Journey by water/business friend
Queen - A woman in middle life
King - A man who is fair nor dark

Spades/Swords

7 - A disagreement
8 - A loss
9- Illness or sorrow
10/Knave - A journey by land/personal thoughts
Queen - A dark woman or widow
King - A dark man

Diamonds/pentacles relate to money and interest; hearts/cups to affection; clubs/wands to business and spades/swords to the more serious affairs of life.

In the reading with so many swords, I would interpret swords to perhaps be worries, fear, pre-occupation or perhaps strong feelings to be aware of when venturing the 'new business'. The swords could note a background of launching a new business is accompanied by thoughts that worry the person OR the fact that some of the strong energy that needs to be channelled into the enterprise might be be blocked. If you guys are interested, would you like me to interpret an alternative reading to Eio's posted query, using the same cards in Eio's reading, about the friend starting the business?

This is general input--hoping to contribute to the ideas presented here.

Regards,

Cerulean