Pale Lavender Obsidian

Sonofpeleus

So at a store I recently got a stone called "pale lavender obsidian". Has anyone ever heard of this? In googling, I couldn't find anything, and suspect it may be a dyed stone. If it is, I don't mind, but just wanted to know if anyone else has any experience with this stone and what the meanings associated with it are.

Hemera

I found this from Wikipedia: "Pure obsidian is usually dark in appearance, though the color varies depending on the presence of impurities. Iron and magnesium typically give the obsidian a dark brown to black color. Very few samples are nearly colorless." so looks like it can be colorless and so probably also pale lavender. But it is obviously rare. -So I wonder how one can tell it from a fake (glass)?

Glass Owl

I picked up a tumbled stone from a shop the other day and the owner told me it was yellow obsidian. It was very cheap, I think it was $1 so it certainly isn't valuable or rare by any means. It look like the ones shown on this page.

If looks very similar to what is being sold in this ebay auction (or maybe a bit more purplish) perhaps it is a piece of yellow obsidian that was dyed.

Sonofpeleus

I picked up a tumbled stone from a shop the other day and the owner told me it was yellow obsidian. It was very cheap, I think it was $1 so it certainly isn't valuable or rare by any means.

It looks very similar to what is being sold in this [ul=http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBSIDIAN-Yellow-X-2-stones-Polished-Tumbled-Crystals-/290705553137?pt=AU_LM_Metaphysical&hash=item43af66b6f1]ebay auction[/url]. If your piece looks more purplish, perhaps it is a piece of yellow obsidian that was dyed.
It does look like this, but with a more purpley/white tint.