So... what did I just buy?

moon_light

I went to a store today and looked at crystals/rocks. They had little descriptions of what they're good for and I just picked some I was drawn to. Now I want to know what, exactly, I have gotten for myself. I know I can just google this, and I will, but I'm interested to know about uses in tarot or how they work together. Things a search won't tell me. Anyone willing to help me out? Thanks in advance. :)

Amethyst
Obsidian
Carborundum
Chalcedony
Moonstone

Briar Rose

Part of what works for me is buying books on Crystals, and reading about their energy. I feel that Crystals can be very personal, and what they might do for me, they might not do for you. I asked about what Crystals I could use at work to control energy for other people and I found out that only calming Crystals work for me, not the grounding ones that work for others. It is such a VAST learning process. The more I learn the more knowledge comes up that I still don't know and have to learn. I am keeping a notebook and it is a big one, and almost full!!!

Amethyst is said to work with the vibration of your intuitive senses. So that one might be good to wear or to put a Crystal on the table, with your cards you are reading. That one is an all around feel better Crystal for me.

Chalcedony and Moonstone sooth me, so they may work to help calm me, and then enhance my confidence b/c my mind is more focused. Moonstone might be good for reading for women, or wanting feminine energy during a reading. But it also makes me sleepy where as Chalcedony is a feel good Crystal for me, but doesn't make me sleepy. Calcite is soothing but it keeps me focused more than Chalcedony. Chalcedony might put me in the clouds.

However, some Crystals really work differently for me than for other people.

How do you feel when you hold them?

moon_light

Thanks for your answer. :) Yeah, I'm completely new to this and it's good to hear what others have experienced.

How do you feel when you hold them?

This is the best I can do:

Amethyst – It makes me feel calm and anxious at the same time. That is such a weird feeling.

Obsidian – It makes everything seem big and expansive.

Carborundum –*It feels like spring. I hear birds and feel the sun on me.

Chalcedony –*I feel like I'm half asleep and falling into a dream of swirling colors.

Moonstone –*This one makes me the most calm. I feel at home.

I also just found a blue goldstone. That one just seems to be pushing out energy.

Any thoughts on that?

stonesatiety

This is the best I can do:

Amethyst – It makes me feel calm and anxious at the same time. That is such a weird feeling.

Obsidian – It makes everything seem big and expansive.

Carborundum –*It feels like spring. I hear birds and feel the sun on me.

Chalcedony –*I feel like I'm half asleep and falling into a dream of swirling colors.

Moonstone –*This one makes me the most calm. I feel at home.

I also just found a blue goldstone. That one just seems to be pushing out energy.

Any thoughts on that?

You have communicated with your stones. Congratulations! That's how easy it can be. You can expand on what you feel/how you work with them by carrying them, sitting with them, dreaming with them, etc.

My experience with those stones:

Amethyst helps us stand in who we are. This can feel frightenting at times, because when we consciously allow ourselves to be who we are deep within, we are in our power. It's kind of funny, but we are masters at avoiding being who we are (in spirit)! A big amethyst cluster here volunteered to keep the area clear during healing sessions. A tiny elestial amethyst with some milky quartz was the first crystal to come to me as an adult. I felt such sparkling joy looking at the picture and in person. The purple color of amethyst makes me smile whenever I see it.

One "stone cutter reject" obsidian here gave a friend the name: Obsidian Sky. That's the feeling I get from it too. Another piece of obsidian is a free form, translucent, polished pocket stone. Funny they both have that wide open feeling, although they feel different in other ways. Gold and rainbow sheen obsidian feel wide and also sparklie to me, busier energy. Obsidian is volcanic glass cooled from lava that is not crystalized. You are feeling its presence, which transcends the physical, but its presence includes the physical as well. Neat, eh?

What kind of corundum do you have? Ruby, sapphire (blue), or fancy sapphire, which includes all colors other than red and blue? It's really talking with you and resonatiing well, from the feeling you describe. :)

Chalcedony feels quiet and low key to me. I don't play with it much, then all of a sudden I'm attracted to it again. From what you describe, you might consider dreaming with this one. Place it beneath your pillow, hold it in your hand, set it on your nightstand, between the matress, beneath the bed, etc.

I have a tan moonstone pyramid and that's it. I have amazing experiences lying with it on my forehead!!! Although I love moonstone, so far that's the only one that's been for me. Eventually others will come. If moonstone feels like home to you, you'll surely meet others who would like to live with you. It sounds like this stone may help you ground.

Goldstone! I thought this was the coolest stone as a kid, then didn't look into it again as an adult because it was manmade. Mistake! How and where a stone comes into being is not so important. How you resonate with it is the key. Goldstone just keeps radiating flashy energy, which makes a lot of us smile. :)

From where I sit, you are doing great! If you keep it simple with your senses open, be ready for a lot of stone sharing! Enjoy.

moon_light

Thanks, stonesatiety! I enjoyed reading how they've worked for you. My corundum is multicolored.

Yeah, I really don't know anything about crystals and rocks, so I'm glad I'm doing something right. What should I do with them? Currently, I put them with my cards for storage and when I'm reading. I picked them out while thinking about my cards, so that's how I got them. And is there anything I can do with my amethyst so that it doesn't make me anxious? Thanks for your advice. :)

stonesatiety

It's fun to share.

Since you thought of your cards while picking out the stones, your stones came as compliments, which will also compliment you in the way your cards do. It feels like a lot of enjoyable exploration for you. You can keep stones with your cards, by themselves, or all over the house (like I do). They'll be fine. I like to see them all the time, although I have to rotate them through a chest-of-drawers due to space limitations.

To begin each day of stone play, I may be immediately drawn to a stone or stones that would like to ride in my pockets. Or I may look around at them, noticing which stones I am attracted to. Often a stone gets my atttention, then points out another! It's fun. Then I trust myself and enjoy the ride. Some stones ride quietly, while others nudge me to get my attention often. Still others want to get out and play with other humans! I'm used to that now, but it took awhile to get used to sharing like that.

I almost always dream with a stone. Stones lie all around wherever I happen to be sleeping, but a primary stone will do most of the dreaming with me. The other stones remain in the background. It's not like a brass band playing full volume all the time. More like a background symphony with days and nights of fantastic solos with one stone after another.

When a stone has been difficult for me, I sit with it and ask it to help me explore and balance whatever it is I'm uneasy about. They always will. They wait and wait and wait--often multiple lifetimes--for us to get around to facing our issues. Follow their cues and be honest with your amethyst. If you feel frightened, tell it! You might need a break for awhile. Perhaps you'll feel drawn to yet another stone, perhaps a new one, to help you work through things.

Trust yourself. You sensed where you are with these stones. That's all there is to it. Keep doing that and your awareness/experience will grow!

Briar Rose

I like Goldstone because of the myth behind how it was made. The story I was told was monks were walking with copper shavings that fell into molten glass, and that is how Goldstone was made! Ever since I heard that story I loved them, and plus- they are made with copper. I love copper. It works for me.

moon_light

stonesatiety,

That's fun that your stones play with you that way. :) I like that.

I had a talk with the amethyst and while it still is making me feel anxious, I think I'm making progress. I think it's mad at me because someone else held it. Is that weird? Also, how can I get it to forgive me? I told it I wouldn't let that happen again.

Briar Rose,

I didn't know that story. That's awesome. I enjoy happy accidents.

Onion Budgie

I think it's mad at me because someone else held it. Is that weird? Also, how can I get it to forgive me? I told it I wouldn't let that happen again.

If someone else has held the stone in question and you wish to cleanse it of other energy, there are many ways that you can do this. :)

* You can hold the stone under running water for a few seconds, imagining impurities flowing away from it. (Not advisable for soluble crystals!)

* Use a singing bowl to purify it. They can be expensive, though! Singing bowl sounds/meditations are readily available to play via YouTube -- and are free!

* Burn a little incense, and pass the stone several times through the incense smoke.

* Blow several sharp breaths over the stone, imagining impurities exiting the stone with every breath.

Those are just a selection of the ways.

stonesatiety

stonesatiety,

That's fun that your stones play with you that way. :) I like that.

I've had some amazing experiences in my life, but the way stones love to hang out and play ranks up there with any. Sometimes I look at them all in disbelief, shaking my head, for the moment unable to hold the fact that stones are as alive and conscious as we. No worries. The stones wait until that moment passes. ;-) Your stones will surely play with you too, in a way just right for you. Play with them and see.

I had a talk with the amethyst and while it still is making me feel anxious, I think I'm making progress. I think it's mad at me because someone else held it. Is that weird? Also, how can I get it to forgive me? I told it I wouldn't let that happen again.

Great you are working with the amethyst. Okay, you *think* it's mad at you. What do you *feel*? Sometimes our thoughts do not match our feelings. If you feel that it is angry, you can talk with the stone about it and go from there. Perhaps it prefers to work only with you until you feel comfortable with it? With only your energy and the stone's, your communication will be clearer and easier to understand.

If you do not *feel* anger from the stone, perhaps it is reflecting some of your behavior toward you. Stones do this to help us see ourselves. They love us and do what they can to help us love ourselves. When we love ourselves, we begin to love everybody.

I had a large smoky quartz crystal come to me that remained silent for a long time. It had been misused long ago by humans--me as well--and it was making sure my actions matched my words. We humans can be quite tricky and unreliable. When the stone saw that I live for the benefit of all, it relaxed and turned out to be very funny!

Btw, there is nothing to forgive.