How should I use this goldstone? (*Intuitive* responses please!)

MandMaud

I'm asking for intuitive responses, because I can find the range of uses and strengths of this crystal on plenty of websites. What I want to know is what I should do with it - I, me, now. :) What to ask of it, how to wear it, what to pair it with etc. And I know that can't be answered except by me - hence replies need to come from your intuition. I have pondered this a few weeks and reached no answers from within myself. I suppose I could ask the cards but it's not the kind of question I have much success (clarity) with when reading for myself.

I found the stone in the house, didn't recognise it at all (I'm not really a crystals person), fell in love. Googled and I was pretty sure it's brown goldstone - though now wondering if it's sunstone in fact. The former is a man-made glass, the latter feldspar. Actually I do think it's goldstone... But it has felt significant since it appeared and yet I get no answer when I ask myself, and it, what to do with it.

I have just noticed a colourless (still speckled) triangle within it which I hadn't seen before, or had forgotten.

So far it's sat on a downstairs windowsill among my desert plants, enjoying the sun. It does like it there. I want it closer to me, though. (I rarely wear jeans or similar that have pockets, more often elasticated waists without pockets, and don't go out much so in my bag or purse would mean it was hardly ever near me.) Any thoughts, please?

stonesatiety

I found the stone in the house, didn't recognise it at all (I'm not really a crystals person), fell in love. Googled and I was pretty sure it's brown goldstone - though now wondering if it's sunstone in fact. The former is a man-made glass, the latter feldspar. Actually I do think it's goldstone... But it has felt significant since it appeared and yet I get no answer when I ask myself, and it, what to do with it.

Goldstone is packed with same-sized glitter-like sparkles. Sunstone has irregular patches of color with spots that shine unexpectedly from different angles. If you post a pic, maybe we can tell?

I have just noticed a colourless (still speckled) triangle within it which I hadn't seen before, or had forgotten.

If you have some goldstone with a colorless, speckled triangle, that's pretty neat. All I've seen has been uniform in color. It sounds like the color may not have mixed with that area. As a boy I would have passed it up, but now I find such irregularities fascinating. Sounds like a window.

So far it's sat on a downstairs windowsill among my desert plants, enjoying the sun. It does like it there. I want it closer to me, though. (I rarely wear jeans or similar that have pockets, more often elasticated waists without pockets, and don't go out much so in my bag or purse would mean it was hardly ever near me.) Any thoughts, please?

You could pin a small pouch to the inside of your pants. "I want it closer to me" tells me that this is the next step. Do this and the next step will become apparent. Fun!

MandMaud

Thanks stonesatiety!

Goldstone is packed with same-sized glitter-like sparkles. Sunstone has irregular patches of color with spots that shine unexpectedly from different angles. If you post a pic, maybe we can tell?
I typed and then posted later, forgetting all about the photo! We all have our d'oh moments. :rolleyes: But I have to subscribe first, don't I... give me 5 minutes...

If you have some goldstone with a colorless, speckled triangle, that's pretty neat. All I've seen has been uniform in color. It sounds like the color may not have mixed with that area. As a boy I would have passed it up, but now I find such irregularities fascinating. Sounds like a window.
I think I've come across the term window - I think window is what this is - I'll see if I can get a photo that shows it.

You could pin a small pouch to the inside of your pants. "I want it closer to me" tells me that this is the next step. Do this and the next step will become apparent. Fun!
Good idea (and I won't read "pants" in the British sense :D) and I can do that. Thank you!

MandMaud

pix!

give me 5 minutes...

Well, sort of 5. :D
Photos! Not the best close-ups I've ever taken, but heh.

The one with the blue n white saucer in the background shows the window (if such it is), end-on, not very well. I'm just trying to get a better shot of it.

Attachments

• DSCN2900.jpg
    DSCN2900.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN2898.jpg
    DSCN2898.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCN2899.jpg
    DSCN2899.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 128

MandMaud

pix of the window

One of these, at least, shows the clear bit.

Attachments

• DSCN2941.JPG
    DSCN2941.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN2940.JPG
    DSCN2940.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN2942.JPG
    DSCN2942.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN2943.JPG
    DSCN2943.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 126

stonesatiety

Thanks stonesatiety!

I typed and then posted later, forgetting all about the photo! We all have our d'oh moments. :rolleyes: But I have to subscribe first, don't I... give me 5 minutes...

I think I've come across the term window - I think window is what this is - I'll see if I can get a photo that shows it.

Good idea (and I won't read "pants" in the British sense :D) and I can do that. Thank you!

I need to subscribe too. In the metaphysical sense of working with stones, windows are doorways into the stone, ourselves, or whatever we happen to experience. These can be geometric indentations in quartz, for example, physical caves or "vugs" within a stone or clear areas like this stone. I sit with a given stone and ask if it will show me how to enter a given window, what it is for, etc. The stones usually enjoy sharing! They come up with so much more than I think to ask, I usually just play around like a kid trying to keep up with them!

Pants. The English language, its wonderful diversity and ambiguity between populations at times. I guess I could have suggested pinning it inside your waistband. :) When you have it near your body awhile, you may feel something else from it. And you could also just have a general good feeling. That's the everyday benefit I get from stones, although they obviously work in different ways, even among the same type. Our changing presence benefits from a wide variety of stones, but overall the effect is feeling good with more smiling.

Your stone is definitely not goldstone, which has completely uniform color--blue, red, etc.--filled uniformly with what looks like tiny gold glitter. Especially in the first pics, I see tiny flashes of orange, which is a characteristic of sunstone. Its irregularity also matches sunstone. The sunstone egg I'm looking at here at home has a big patch on one end similar to your stone, but milky white in color. The other stone I know of that looks like this is carnelian. However, carnelian doesn't have sunstone's chatoyancy, the term for the radant flashes when the angle of light is just right. If you see those flashes, I'd say sunstone for sure.

CrystalDreamer

Hi :). I'm not an expert but I believe your stone is a red Aventurine. I feel that your Aventurine could help you to filter out outside influences and get back to your roots. Sometimes we have so much information coming towards us, are bombarded by other people's emotions, and read so much about what other people believe that we can forget what is truly important to us as a unique person. It will help you to trust your own instincts and intuitions.

It's interesting that just before I read your thread I was blindly picking tumbled stones from a basket and kept selecting my red aventurine.

Briar Rose

I thought it was red aventurine as well, but then I saw picture 2914, and that looks like Sunstone. My sunstone pyramid has those swirls and clear parts to it. I held a flash light under it, and it looks so unlike aventurine this way.

MandMaud

Very frustrating: I replied at length yesterday and the system's eaten it. I must have shut down with it still in preview, or something. :( Anyway, it can't be at quite such length but here we go again. :)

I need to subscribe too.
I was meaning to anyway!

In the metaphysical sense of working with stones, windows are doorways into the stone, ourselves, or whatever we happen to experience. These can be geometric indentations in quartz, for example, physical caves or "vugs" within a stone or clear areas like this stone. I sit with a given stone and ask if it will show me how to enter a given window, what it is for, etc. The stones usually enjoy sharing! They come up with so much more than I think to ask, I usually just play around like a kid trying to keep up with them!

I love the word 'vug'! and Wikipedia says it's originally Cornish - even better!

Your stone is definitely not goldstone, which has completely uniform color

I'm glad it's not man-made, even though I do like the sound of goldstone.

tiny flashes of orange, which is a characteristic of sunstone. Its irregularity also matches sunstone. The sunstone egg I'm looking at here at home has a big patch on one end similar to your stone, but milky white in color. The other stone I know of that looks like this is carnelian. However, carnelian doesn't have sunstone's chatoyancy, the term for the radant flashes when the angle of light is just right. If you see those flashes, I'd say sunstone for sure.

I can't say I really have, not very flashy ones anyway. (Chatoyancy, another great word. :)) Just now I took it out to look at in the light of the soon-to-be-setting sun, but I got caught up in looking *through* it instead of looking for glancing shafts of light - the window showed really well. It looked entirely different this evening.

I could get in a real tangle trying to identify it, and I've decided not to. One day someone knowledgeable may see it "in person" and tell me. But for now I'm going to get to know it for itself, rather than for its family. I had to do the same with trees: after years driving around with a tree book in the glove compartment and keeping one by the front door, I gave up on learning the species (though I've had no trouble learning other plants, and similar subjects). I realised my block was that I experience trees as individuals, I relate to each as itself, rather than a representative of a species. Maybe I'm the same with crystals.

I will spend time with it and especially that into-the-window thing, and find out where we end up. :)

Hi :). I'm not an expert but I believe your stone is a red Aventurine. I feel that your Aventurine could help you to filter out outside influences and get back to your roots. Sometimes we have so much information coming towards us, are bombarded by other people's emotions, and read so much about what other people believe that we can forget what is truly important to us as a unique person. It will help you to trust your own instincts and intuitions.

It's interesting that just before I read your thread I was blindly picking tumbled stones from a basket and kept selecting my red aventurine.

Aventurine rings a bell, but I thought of it as bluish or whitish - must be one I have looked up in the past, which probably means I own a piece. Which probably means I liked it too. :D

I thought it was red aventurine as well, but then I saw picture 2914, and that looks like Sunstone. My sunstone pyramid has those swirls and clear parts to it. I held a flash light under it, and it looks so unlike aventurine this way.

My ex had a little stand which lit a crystal from beneath. It was one of those colour-shifting lights iirc. Not something I'd have bought, but it did look lovely with something colourless on it like a clear quartz. :)

I wonder what all my Profound Thoughts were last night, that made my lost reply so long.

stonesatiety

Very frustrating: I replied at length yesterday and the system's eaten it. I must have shut down with it still in preview, or something. :( Anyway, it can't be at quite such length but here we go again. :)

Glad you gave it another try! The same thing has happened to me when I've tried to subscribe here. When it's time, I'll be able to no problem.

I can't say I really have, not very flashy ones anyway. (Chatoyancy, another great word. :)) Just now I took it out to look at in the light of the soon-to-be-setting sun, but I got caught up in looking *through* it instead of looking for glancing shafts of light - the window showed really well. It looked entirely different this evening.

If it doesn't have those flashes, I would lean toward red aventurine. I have a green aventurine cut and polished point and some tiny green pieces and red pieces. Aventurine is a blind spot with me. I thought, "Aha!" when CrystalDreamer posted. I work with aventurine only occasionally, including yesterday! (THanks CrystalDreamer!) :) Aventurine comes in a number of colors, as do many stones we think of in a particular common variety.

I could get in a real tangle trying to identify it, and I've decided not to. One day someone knowledgeable may see it "in person" and tell me. But for now I'm going to get to know it for itself, rather than for its family. I had to do the same with trees: after years driving around with a tree book in the glove compartment and keeping one by the front door, I gave up on learning the species (though I've had no trouble learning other plants, and similar subjects). I realised my block was that I experience trees as individuals, I relate to each as itself, rather than a representative of a species. Maybe I'm the same with crystals.

I will spend time with it and especially that into-the-window thing, and find out where we end up. :)

This is what I do too. There are stones all over the house, the identity of which I have no idea. These are mainly rocks that come from walks and trips. I enjoyed your sharing about the trees. That's exactly how I feel relating with stones. And trees, for that matter. One tree who taught me that was the saguaro cactus. Technically not a tree, among the plants of the desert, the saguaro creates and anchors a supportive grid of energy and is respected by the other non-humans as a wise member of the community.

Along that line, sometimes I think it might be a good idea to go back to school and train as a geologist. I spend so much time with stones anyway. But then I think of all the study time to complete an advanced degree, time in which I could be learning so much more directly from stones.

Speaking of which, I hope you enjoy your window exploration!