Any guesses what these are

mollygog

My friend gave me these 3 large stones, she found them in her auntys house when they were clearing it out. I'm not sure what they are, I thought the purple one was maybe an amethyst but I'm thinking it could be too dark. Any ideas or even guesses would be most welcome thank you
99fa57b82c8939c1cca8539a92b60a2d.jpg

Beancrew49

It's hard to tell with certainty, but my guesses are Moss Agate, Iolite, and Jasper.

mollygog

Thank you I did think maybe moss agate but the other two I wasn't sure about.. much appreciated

theFeeLion

The bottom one reminds me of a petrified wood piece I had when I was young. I agree with moss agate too, not sure of the other one though.

Starri Knytes

Is the orangeish stone really light weight?
IMG_20170414_0833240802_zpsaycygq6s.jpg

It looks very much like Amber.

mollygog

It is a heavy stone, I love Amber it is one of my favs, I placed it with my petrified wood and it does not look out of place, So it could possibly be one of them, I have loads of random stones i keep in a bag that I cannot identify. The Jasper's confuse me so much all the different names and patterns. I have a peach stone that ive named a sunstone but deep down I know it isn't.. it is hard to see how they truly are just by a picture .I really Appreciate all the ideas though thank you

Starri Knytes

It is a heavy stone, I love Amber it is one of my favs, I placed it with my petrified wood and it does not look out of place, So it could possibly be one of them, I have loads of random stones i keep in a bag that I cannot identify. The Jasper's confuse me so much all the different names and patterns. I have a peach stone that ive named a sunstone but deep down I know it isn't.. it is hard to see how they truly are just by a picture .I really Appreciate all the ideas though thank you
Jasper is tough especially since it's often dyed to look like other stones.

Good luck identifying your stones.

ncharge

The bottom one could be mookite.

Calayvie

I have an amethyst that was quite dark like that purple one, although still not opaque. Is that one opaque?
Is that bottom one maybe a brecciated jasper? Or maybe pietersite?