The Groupings of Faeries

Satori

OK FGM, you just made a huge leap with your groupings.

You seem to be looking at the groupings as Readings! With each grouping coming together to give you some kind of message, personal info!!!

That was like a quantum leap you know.
so now you have 13 readings to go digest.....very very cool.

as for my exercise of regrouping, well i did it. but it didn't seem to make sense or really work for me.

So I came away from it feeling like the groupings aren't important for me right now. I'm sort of trying to decide why.

I did put the deck out with a few fae facing out and played some cool chakra music/chants. They seemed very happy with that. Especially Ekstasis.

FaeryGodmother

elf said:
You seem to be looking at the groupings as Readings! With each grouping coming together to give you some kind of message, personal info!!!

Funny you should say that, that wasn't how I immediately thought of it but since you've mentioned it, I can see that.

It just seemed to me that when grouping them the Faeries have some sort of purpose for being together. A little like commitees. For example The Burning Through Blockages Commitee or the Watching Over Pregnancies Commitee. Or even the Star Crown Commitee. With each fae in the group having a job to oversee within the given area.

elf said:
So I came away from it feeling like the groupings aren't important for me right now. I'm sort of trying to decide why.

Well, thats the beauty of this deck, isn't it, and the difficulty- its all so very individual. So in a way its very, very tricky to learn about the deck through other people. Oh well. Its still lovely to have some place to talk about this sort of thing without feeling a bit mad. :D

love
FGM

lunar_rabbit

When I first got the deck, I went through many of the exercises in the book, including sorting them in different ways. Some of my groupings were similar to those already mentioned, such as:

- seasons: spring, summer, fall, winter.

- species: person-like, animal-like, spirit-like

- mood: happy, sad, grumpy, peaceful, mysterious, etc.

- how many were on the card: alone, a few, a lot

- colors: pen and ink vs. full color, dark vs. light

One thing I did that was a lot of fun was to imagine how some of the faeries might interact with one another if they were people. Like Geeeeoooo the Slow and Myk the Myomancer played bocci ball together. Or The Piper and The Green Woman having a one night stand. Or the Journeyman going over to the Friends house to play Nintendo. LOL

I haven't really spent much time with the book since I first got it, and actually forgot that there are *real* groupings like the Sidhe, the Guardians and such. I planned to go through the cards again this week and sort them like that to see how they compare.