New deck, Hexen 2.0

Dusk Till Dawn

Wish I had had a heads up myself!

:( :( :(

I couldn't cancel mine since it's ready to ship today, so I will not accept it..
I almost thought so when I looked at the Web Site, but I had ordered anyway.

starlightexp

urrggg well I only paddy $19 so I won't feel so bad having it. I guess this is a deck that is going to require ALOT of research

Laura Borealis

Okay guys - a heads up here.
I got the book and it is NOT a guide to the Tarot. It is a book of art with a minimal introduction. There are large colour plates of the tarot deck (a page each) but NO explanations.

That's what I expected.

Thanks for throwing yourself on the bomb for us, Elendil.

karen0205

Okay guys - a heads up here.
I got the book and it is NOT a guide to the Tarot. It is a book of art with a minimal introduction. There are large colour plates of the tarot deck (a page each) but NO explanations.

I was thinking of getting the book so if you decide to trade it let me know.
I just hadn't gotten around to ordering the book yet, I was worried about
getting the deck first.

karen0205

They will. I was RIVETED while looking through them - and that was fairly cursory, to make sure they were all there ! Grandson (aged 11) wanted to see, and then said they were weird and so was granny. :D

funny, they are kind of retro looking. Never heard it quite called 'granny' though hahaha

Quester

This deck is going to be VERY hard to work with without a book!!! :(

Dusk Till Dawn

My Book will be here next week. I tried canceling it, but couldnt. Is there really only weird talk in there, and nothing about the Cards? Crap

Elendil

Is there really only weird talk in there, and nothing about the Cards?

There is a very short introduction about Suzanne Treister's work and then the rest of the book is made up of full colour plates of various pieces of her art work including large versions of each of the illustrations for the tarot deck. There is no individual explanation for each of the pictures or cards. I ended up sending my copy back to Amazon as there was a crease in the back cover and some of the pages were damaged anyway....

The deck IS fascinating - though I am at a complete loss at the moment as to how/why the images were selected. I picked a card at random...9 of Wands - a mind map of the 'history' of LSD -now where do I start...?

My second copy of the deck (the first had two copies of Temperance and NO copy of the Star) is on its way. I guess it is going to be a deck for some serious research/study...