"Secrets of the Lenormand" and prophecies

ghost271

I don't want to step out of line here, but after reading the first two 'prophecies'
we can safely say two years later that they are completely wrong. The US economy is not only on the brink of complete collapse, but countries all over the world are in the same boat. In regards to Obama, his approval rating has plummeted, and many people say he's driven the US into a deeper hole than Bush ever could.

I guess what I want to know is why these prophecies completely failed.

I've been reading Tarot for 25 years and am new to the Lenormand and realize as a reader to my clients that we can make them aware of things so that they can change the outcome.
But when somebody makes a claim about a nation and that prophecy is wrong, how did things change on a collective level for it to not come to pass ?

Sylvie Steinbach

Let's judge those prophecies, shall we?!

U.S.A. 2009: The state of the economy during the upcoming new year? prophecy made in Dec 2008
The American economy will not recover officially until November 2009! But there will be an optimism from the people at the beginning of the year due to some financial decisions leading to help families and middle class that will boost the moral and their cashflow. Although this will not mean the economy is better, it will allow households to weather the uncertainties until the turn around is permanently felt.

Update (Feb 26, 2009): the stimulus package was passed on the week of the 16th of February, exactly 7 weeks from January 1st 2009!

Clearly not bad for a prophecy! To help you understand how accurate this prophecy was, read the facts, here is the link for your convenience:

http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/29/news/economy/gdp/index.htm

Furthermore the recession ended in June 2009. See link if you did see that information:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-recession-ended-june-2009-nber-says-2010-09-20

Your statement is false and reflect the situation as of the end of 2010 which is not what this thread was centered on.

What would unfold in this new year 2009 regarding the Iraq war?prophecy made in December 2008

A new hope for a long term situation starts the new year 2009 regarding the Iraq war. However, the success described may not be founded on genuine acts or it may require more work (troups?). Deterioration seems to be predicted or the idea that the work is ‘working’ may suddenly reveals a darker story. Anyway Iraq will continue for until Summer its devastating effects with no real change in sight.
But a young and attractive male figure may change that by bringing positive news and a complete change of direction. A solution that may bring an agreement to change the course of the war and its outcome may be found at the end of the year 2009. The most active period for a solution could be after the middle of the summer until the end of 2009…

Update (Feb 26, 2009): it appears that President Obama wants to retrieve most troops from Iraq within 19 months. He will re-direct some to Afghanistan which seems to become his priority.

April 7th, 2009: President Obama made a surprise stop in Bagdad after a sudden increase of violence. See Earthlink report for details.

As far as I know the U.S. military has refocused its attention to Afghanistan and has withdrawed the majority of its soldiers to reposition them in that region.

Sylvie Steinbach

Prophecies for 2009 vs facts - getting the record straight!

Prophecie was: Mr. Obama will live up to the high expectations placed in him by the American people. Within few weeks of his administation he will prove himself to be the right leader for the challenges facing the nation. He will experience personal satisfaction in the results that he will be getting and will establish new policies that will be in place by the Fall. Meanwhile to start he will use money to affect short term the nation. It is likely this man will be re-elected for a second term!

Let's see, this was done for 2009; we can't judge yet about his re-election since we are not in 2012!

1- Stimulus package
2- Financial reform
3- Health care reform
4- American car industry rescue from total bankrupcy
5- Banking and Financial institutions bail-out initiated by the Bush administration and ratified by Obama.

The entire record can be found in this link:

http://themoderatevoice.com/57560/obamas-first-year/

I will add as well:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/18/business/economy/18view.html

Sylvie Steinbach

Prophecies can not be accurate at 100%

By nature, predictions and prophecies are never accurate at 100%; free will and decisions that affect policies and laws, which can alter outcomes to some degree. Furthermore since timing does not exist in Universe terms, only synchronicities, time tables can be altered.

For example, I made the statement that the U.S. economy will be officially out of the woods (I am not talking about the unemployment) by November 2009. According to official sources (economists), the long recession ended in June 2009. That Americans agree with this statement is another thing. As long as the unemployment remains high, people will continue to be cautious about their predicament.

If you are interested in reading my world prophecies - I add news links as they unfold, please go to worldprophecies.wordpress.com. I also did some on business, celebrities and 2010; I am due to post new ones for 2011.

There have been some differences such as the prediction of a major desaster in 2010 that I thought would be in South America or maybe China but ended up being Haiti. You will be able to appreciate the misses and differences as I do not alter my prophecies once they are posted. I only update based on Earthlink news by posting links that are relevant.

This post will conclude this exercise thread on Prophecies using Lenormand and Tarot combined. And it should also get the record straight about how accurate those first two prophecies were!

ghost271

http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/29/news/economy/gdp/index.htm

I think you need to read the full article. It clearly states as well,

-"The reading by itself doesn't mark an end to the recession; the economy actually grew in the second quarter of 2008. "
-"However, this welcome milestone is just another step, and we still have a long road to travel until the economy is fully recovered,"
-"But David Rosenberg, chief economist and strategist for investment bank Gluskin Sheff, said that the recent weak readings on consumer confidence show that only economists think the recession is over."

In addition to these qoutes, I' take anything CNN post with a grain of salt.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-recession-ended-june-2009-nber-says-2010-09-20

-"Yet the NBER also cautioned that its findings bear no relation to the current state of the economy and do not represent a forecast about the future. If another downturn occurs anytime soon, the NBER said, it would constitute a separate recession."
-"The reading by itself doesn't mark an end to the recession; the economy actually grew in the second quarter of 2008. (The National Bureau of Economic Research, which officially dates the beginning and end of recessions, is not expected to declare that the current recession has ended until sometime in 2010.)"

The NBER is a joke, and is run by the gov't. They can say that the recession ended yesterday but a new one started today. Not only that but they were the laughing stock when they made this statement 15 months after the fact.

You have to look at the source very carefully.

In regards to Obama, you can find as many positive opinions as you can bad, and for each point you mentioned, people see those as bad things and not good.
The stimulus money and bail outs will hurt generations of Americans to come. The bailouts helped only the Banks and not the people. Who gave the bailout money to the gov't? The Federal Reserve. Who runs the Federal Reserve ? The Big Banks.
Hmm.....lets follow that logic. Heres a link for you.
http://www.naturalnews.com/News_000564_Federal_Reserve_financial_bailout_money_supply.html

The Emperor can tell us he's wearing wonderful clothes (the Gov't) but it doesn't make it fact. The fact of the matter lies in how the American people are dealing with and feeling the effects of this time in their history. You can tell them the recession is over, but if they have lost their house and still cant find work, its not over for them and the hundereds of thousands like them.

So I dont think my statement is false at all. And still see those prophecies as being 'off'
I think we can agree to disagree on this point and dont wish to question your validity or accuracy as a reader. As a matter of fact I just ordered your book a few days ago.

Sylvie Steinbach

Predictions for 2009

All is based on opinions depending on your political affiliation and personal perception:

How people perceive the economy at the end of 2010 is different than the feelings people shared through the course of 2009; the optimism fueled by the stimulus, the new presidency and the different reforms on the table were real. If you had invested in the stock market at the time, you will have made a nice little profit by 2010. How economists judge the health of an economy is usually very different from how that same economy is felt in the street.

Today, people are desillusioned by lingering problems such as corporate and government corruptions, lack of jobs and persistent housing problems. I do not disagree with your criticism of the democratic party's management of the U.S. economy, exposed by the links you posted...However I would probably have some differences of opinion on where and how those problems got started in the first place.

The exercises on this thread were done to illustrate how to use tarot and Lenormand together to do prophecies and the questions were looking at current issues for 2009 so that readers could compare them with the facts very quickly. They were never meant to fuel polemics and political debates.

Your feelings about the current state of the country made you throw out the entire experience without being fair in your dismissal; those simple predictions were not meant to go in depth to reflect all the layers of a complex U.S. economy over several years (real estate and job market were actually being addressed on my prophecy blog but not posted here), they were just an exercise to illustrate the possible applications of two different esoteric tools.

Those who read this thread in the future can now make up their own mind over this, using our links from various sources. I did not want to have your first post go unanswered since I know for a fact other viewers do not share your opinions.

Indeed, since the end of 2008, those prophecies have been posted on other sites (RSS feeds to various blogs and sites) and the feedback gathered from readers has been very different from yours. So we are all entitled to our opinions for sure but adding the specifics about why we differ makes for a much better thread than your initial negative statement.

Hate and personal attacks are a day-to-day occurrence on this forum and it is unfortunate that, once again, some members distinguish themselves in that department by jumping on the wagon...Nothing ever changes it seems! So you will understand if I find this behavior too sickening to stick around further.

Thanks for your opinion.

lord_ewin

Sylvie, I don't consider people questioning things as a bad thing.

Meanwhile, Ghost, I also find it's easy to critique and undo each other on open forums. It takes gutts to try and put up a prediction in writing (and pish posh on the term prophecy. Her predictions are certainly not prophecies as she terms them! Ahem!).

If you look at history, even the most acclaimed prophets have been (and are still being) debated. It all comes down to splitting hairs in my opinion. What matters is that you try to do some of your own predictions and see how well they come out. For example, I've done some hasty predictions of my own... some are right and some are wrong, but they were mainly for fun. What matters is that you inspire others to reach for their dreams, and help them sort things out.

I find people forget that fortune telling is about the querrent and not about the fortune reader. The person sitting in front of you has real life issues, worries, hopes and fears. If you manage to help them, then your job is done and they will be back for more, even if you weren't 100% since they will remember that you helped.

Regard,
LE