Marziano Tarot

FaintlyMacabre

Do I need this because Diana is in it?

What is Cupid doing with his bow there anyway?

Diana

JayBee

I am a Place fan, but I'm severely unimpressed with the flat rate International charge of 35 dollars. Nope, I'm sorry--that's five bucks more than the deck, and beyond ridiculous for shipping from U.S. to Canada. He's already made his target, but I won't be contributing to this.

mrpants

I finally visited his website to view the images. This deck looks fantastic, and looks to be a fun system to read with. I'll be following production, for sure!

MaeWasteland

I am a Place fan, but I'm severely unimpressed with the flat rate International charge of 35 dollars. Nope, I'm sorry--that's five bucks more than the deck, and beyond ridiculous for shipping from U.S. to Canada. He's already made his target, but I won't be contributing to this.

Yeah, even to the UK that seems a lot, depending if it's sent USPS or via a courier I guess. Just had a look on etsy and shipping for a tarot deck from US sellers seems to vary from £5-ish to £21, but the £21 is for the Mary-el which is in a much larger box than average. Most decks I could see from US sellers were around the £12 mark, so, what, under twenty USD? Seems as though that's about the same for other destinations, if the chrysalis deck's shipping to e.g. Australia is typical, £12 to anywhere outside North America, afaict. (And under £9 to Canada)

reall

I finally visited his website to view the images. This deck looks fantastic, and looks to be a fun system to read with. I'll be following production, for sure!

agree!:)) I'm big fan od Place and Historical reproduction!XD
but shipping is a killer for my part of the world!x,x will wait for mass edition,,, and order it from my fav bookstore,,, one day,, facepalm ;)))

FaintlyMacabre

I would like the $200 version for less money.

I can't figure out that international price either. I just backed another campaign that would ship worldwide for $7. It only starts to make any sense if you order the multiples. Did anybody ask?

Diana

Myrrha

That is absolutely gorgeous! I have been wanting a deck with birds. I love all the birds in the deity cards and the elegant bird pips. It sounds like it is a bit smaller than standard tarot decks so it will feel intimate to read with. Place's decks have less emotional impact and intensity for me than some others but seem more cerebral. I have to reach for the connection a bit more. I will probably give this a one a try though. It will be so different from a regular tarot and that is intriguing.

Edit: 4 3/4 X 2 3/4 so I guess that is standard size. Not sure how useful an entire suite dedicated to the pursuit of chastity would be for me. Maybe it means chastity in a broader or more esoteric sense, as in being true to your own boundaries, your own compass? It would be interesting to see some sample interpretations.

AnjouTwo

Edit: 4 3/4 X 2 3/4 so I guess that is standard size. Not sure how useful an entire suite dedicated to the pursuit of chastity would be for me. Maybe it means chastity in a broader or more esoteric sense, as in being true to your own boundaries, your own compass? It would be interesting to see some sample interpretations.

Mine arrived out of the blue (I always find it amazing to see Robert Place's elegant handwriting on the package - no assistant or mechanical postage machine for him) and I love that it's so instantly recognizable as a work from his hand and mind. The LWB is very brief (even by LWB standards) and I wish for a bit more insight into specific cards. The "chastity" suit, Turtledoves, does feel like the most opaque of the deck, at least to me.

I celebrate having only a Queen and King of each suit, however.

FLizarraga

I'm amazed that this is the only thread I could find here about this unique deck. Mine arrived two days ago. I have been trying not to buy more decks, but this was one I could not resist.

The LWB is very brief (even by LWB standards) and I wish for a bit more insight into specific cards. The "chastity" suit, Turtledoves, does feel like the most opaque of the deck, at least to me.

I celebrate having only a Queen and King of each suit, however.

Mine has no LWB. Was yours included in the box, or like a PDF file?