Tarot of the Holy Light - a "pip deck" I can get my head around...

Tanga

Well - me being on TOADIES Anonymous and all...
And having somewhat cured my wild buying addiction...(I've only bought...3 decks this whole year).

I am increasingly delighted with this deck - with which I first began with the mobile App
and presently still mostly use the App...

Being RWS based - I don't favour pip decks... and the only one I've ever envisioned myself using is the Thoth Tarot - because I love the art work. BUT... that involves a huge amount of study to thoroughly understand... and who knows if I'll ever really get there?
(Life Work in progress).

But - somehow... The Tarot of the Holy Light spoke to me and I bought it
(there's something about all the shades of green in combination with weird alchemical imagery... it sends shivers of delight down my spine!! :D :D)
- and I'm now finding that I absolutely love the LWB that comes with it on my App.
New food for thought. The explanations of all the detail in the minor arcana is just fascinating...
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/holy-light/

One thing I'll say is - I suspect for the hardcopy - I would have preferred the deluxe 1st edition (which is presently not available), I have 2nd ed.

So, I'm sure there's already been a thread on this - but HELLO, to all other Tarot of the Holy Light fans out there!

How do you like the deck?

mrpants

Tanga, this deck has been my summer crush.

Just a heads up on editions: the 2nd edition DELUXE should be available very soon! The backs will look like your edition, the Temperance card will feature the wayward dove, and the linen card stock/large size have returned! If you ever needed enabling, I'm here for you ;) I think Christine will offer a bundle price if you want a hard copy of the book as well, which is an expansion of the text accompanying the app. Which, in your case, might be extra helpful for getting into her minors.

Tanga

Tanga, this deck has been my summer crush.

Just a heads up on editions: the 2nd edition DELUXE should be available very soon!
... If you ever needed enabling, I'm here for you ;)

Oh NO! You are not allowed to enable me! :joke:

"Summer Crush" - made me laugh... that's exactly how I'd describe it.

Morwenna

This is a "maybe" on my wish list, but I do like it and will have to give it more thought.

magicjack

I am a fan of this deck. I think it's beautiful. But I don't have it. I just had a feeling I would not use it. I'm always going back and forth on it. Does anyone know the difference between the 1st and 2nd editions? Should one wait for the next issue? I'm feeling enabled. Again!

Padma

I had it as an app for a while, but ultimately, did not use it much. Which is a shame! I did love the super saturated colours of the deck...and the imagery. And the book. But in the end, I ditched it to make room for other apps, and so...if it was my summer crush, I think it's over!

Maybe I would feel differently about having the cards in my hands.

I think I really wanted to fall in love with it, but - I missed the big moment...?

Tanga

I am a fan of this deck. I think it's beautiful. But I don't have it. I just had a feeling I would not use it. I'm always going back and forth on it. Does anyone know the difference between the 1st and 2nd editions? Should one wait for the next issue? I'm feeling enabled. Again!

I would direct you to wait for the linen card stock...

mrpants

magicjack, I'd definitely wait for the release of the deluxe 2nd edition. It must be very close, now. I really feel that because the images are digital collage, the linen card stock and over sized cards really help to give the deck some texture and depth. Either that, or just get the app, it's rather good as apps go. the images also look very nice on a light-up screen.

Barleywine

I've wanted this one for a long time too, but I also suspect I wouldn't use it. I've cut way back on buying new decks, and now I'm only interested in those that willl get some practical use. But I could see owning this one just for the unique imagery, even though I'm not a huge fan of collage and have yet to learn much about the Etteilla system (and it appears Lisa Boswell's Etteilla website is gone).

JylliM

I have the deck and think it's gorgeous (I have the linen cardstock). I haven't used it much, though, as I'd need to get my head around a lot of unfamiliar stuff. One day...