Tarot of the Holy Light - a "pip deck" I can get my head around...

mrpants

Regarding the Hermit, they may have left that nine in black intentionally, who knows?? I'm starting to think that a lot of these differences are intentional, and might be clues for the deep reader. Except the omission of the dove on my edition's Temperance card. That was an admitted goof.

magicjack

Ahhh, you still want that dove don't you.. you know I do like the dove because it means something personal to me on that particular card but I can see where it would look fine without it. It's kind of in a strange place anyway.

mrpants

Upon reflection, it seems like a bit of an afterthought. I have mostly made peace with my deck's lack thereof, and it does totally read fine without it. But I still kinda want it. :thumbsup:

magicjack

You can always. Imagine it there if you need to.

mrpants

Good point! It's pictured in the book, so I know exactly where to place it. Problem solved :thumbsup:

Tanga

My... all these apparent typos...

I had ofcourse noticed nothing - because a) I don't use astrology and b) I'm still waaaay too lost in the imagery to pay much attention to the colour of the titles...
Lol.
You mean - that little scratchy bit above Temperance's head is a bird that's been cut out?
SHOCKING!! (falls off her chair). I don't have the book.

Maybe the omissions will bug me later. :joke:
I've managed - NOT to buy a linen stock copy...

I still love it to bits.
And use the mobile app almost daily.

magicjack

On my Temperance the dove is flying over the water down by her right knee.

JylliM

Reading through this thread has made me go and look at my deck and find everything that's been discussed and which I hadn't noticed. Eg., 1-20 on the 2 of Disks. I've also just noticed that Hierophant is spelt wrong. The I and E are reversed. Oh well.
I knew nothing about the dove before reading this thread either, but luckily I keep mine in a Baba bag which compensates for the lack...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 132