The World Spirit Tarot 2nd Edition

blackmoonbee

This deck World Spirit Tarot is at the top of my wishlist...! Has anyone used the 2nd edition? Thoughts about this deck?

Luna's Crone

LUV IT!!!!!!! the old creepy sun card is gone. and the new is it the magician is a nice card, tho i didn't have issue with the old one. I use both decks depending on which one i can find at the time.

quietly

Ooh, I didn't know this finally came out! I had held off of pre-ordering because of the lack of clarity about the timeline, but I'm happy to hear it's a reality now. Whelp, another deck to the wishlist for me, too.

Denever

I got the second edition a couple of days ago. It was much too big for my hands, so I trimmed it and edged it in black. My first edition was very washed out, so I like the new printing. Here are pics of the trimmed version and, for comparison, the gorgeous Temperance cards from both editions.

Attachments

• Edging.jpg
    Edging.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 701
  • 1st vs 2nd.jpg
    1st vs 2nd.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 680

Barleywine

I've had it for a couple of weeks now and think highly of it. I consider it one of my "earthy"decks. It is large and stiff, so I don't try to shuffle it conventionally (either overhand or riffling). Take a look at Solandia's review if you haven't yet. I agree with her that it ain't pretty but it sure is powerful and compelling.

FLizarraga

I'm curious about this. I got the Spanish version very cheap when the English one wasn't available anymore, and love the art (even the "baby Nixon" Sun, though once told I can't unsee it), but have never got around to use it. Is the second edition very different?

gregory

Is the second edition only available from her site (thinks customs and other nasties....)

Barleywine

Is the second edition only available from her site (thinks customs and other nasties....)

As far as I know, yes. That's where I got it.

G6

I got the second edition a couple of days ago. It was much too big for my hands, so I trimmed it and edged it in black. My first edition was very washed out, so I like the new printing. Here are pics of the trimmed version and, for comparison, the gorgeous Temperance cards from both editions.

Woa, big difference in saturation. Are the 2nd edition cards bigger or smaller? Thicker or thinner?

Thnx!

G6

Denever

I think it's different in quality, because of the greater contrast. If you're a "bigger is better" person, it's an improvement in that regard, too. I believe that only three cards -- the Sun, the Magician, and the 10 of Pents -- and the backs were changed. Here are pics of all of them.

I'm curious about this. I got the Spanish version very cheap when the English one wasn't available anymore, and love the art (even the "baby Nixon" Sun, though once told I can't unseen it), but have never got around to use it. Is the second edition very different?

Attachments

• Changed cards.jpg
    Changed cards.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 986
  • Backs.jpg
    Backs.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 639