The Slutist Tarot

Alta

Interesting. It seems to be a very specific audience.

JadePixie

I backed it, I love the art and the sex positive message :)

barefootlife

I love the concept and the message, but alas the art style is not my thing. Still, kudos to them for bringing a deck like that out into the world.

Annabelle

Yeah. That sums up my reaction to it as well :).

It looks unique and creative; I'm just not its audience.

Gwynydd

I think this is great! An important deck, I think, despite not being for everyone. If I had the money right now, I'd back it :) Edited to add: I've been looking for an erotic deck that isn't so male oriented, so I think this one could be perfect.

FLizarraga

I LOVE the concept, but the art does not grab me. And I actually like the art (which sometimes does not happen, no matter how well intentioned), a lot, but it's not something I can read with.

P.S. Sex positivity is, I think, a message that is sorely needed. Especially for women, I would say, but I guess for everybody.

JMI_Tarot

Interesting what she says in the video about China not printing nudity.

My decks (link below) were printed by a Chinese company and there is a fair amount of nudity in them, but it's a much different style than The Slutist deck. I wonder where they got that information. Could it be a a question of the context or something else in play that prevented them from getting their decks printed there?

In any case, it looks to be a very unique deck and clearly they've put a lot of work into it. I wish them luck with the project.

VioletEye

agreed.

i actually read the entire kickstarter description, and i LOVE the message and concept, i was all, "rock on, ladies!!!". i also really like the art - it's very apropos to the vibe, and including real-life characters is so awesome. there are also some subtle details that i noticed, like the bottle of absinthe in card 1, the witch? (and the t rex album??!!)

but - i just can't help but worry that the people who connect with this deck on a divinatory level are a small audience. not to say that i don't hope that this project is a huge success - because our world should accept and accommodate the entire spectrum of humanity - but readings with this deck seem like they would be for very specific people.

hmmmm, strangely, i seem to have enabled myself with this little rant... ;)

Philistine

There's actually some very thoughtful choices in some of the sample cards. This is not normally my thing, but I can think of a friend who should receive this as a Christmas gift.