Japaridze Tarot

Le Fanu

This deck is fabulous. Everything about it. So readable and aesthetically pleasing and intuitive. I'm sure you'll love it.

delinfrey

I am a huge fan of this deck! I trimmed it immediately and the arteork just pops to life. Wonderful!

Tarot dance

..I also love this deck...the artwork is amazing

Citrin

One of my top 5 favorite decks! So unique and amazing in every way. :)

page of ghosts

I don't have it yet, but it's very high on my wishlist. I really love the artwork, looks like something you'd see in a fancy gallery :D

Rose Lalonde

Sadly, those courts don't sit well with me (and the Jesters ping my poltergeist-evil-clown-doll shudders :bugeyed:). But it's nice that Book Depository has it with free shipping for those who do want. Art is certainly memorable!

Le Fanu

Funny - I like the courts - always such a deal breaker in decks. I find these ones easy to read. And the renamed suits are just so obvious and perfect. I love the colours and the floatiness, the airiness of the deck.

It feels - how can I say this without sounding like an idiot? - like proper art - and yet so often the marrying of proper art (as opposed to daubings by someone more spiritual than aesthetic) with tarot, is a bit disastrous. But this feels like high art with great esoteric character and aesthetic flair. It's all by the same artist but some of the cards feels different, as if by a different hand and yet the deck is very unified. Some of these cards really thrill me tarotically speaking - like "The Drowned" (Hanged Man), the boxed in Hermit, The Sun, The World as well as many of the courts and the Aces.

I understand the criticism of the Emperor renamed "War" as seeming limited, but I have never felt it hampered readings. I get enough from it to vary the meaning. It's a very brave deck for a mass market publisher I think. Wouldn't appeal to all. Thank goodness U.S Games don't just stick to angels like some publishers do. I'm so impressed with U.S Games for putting this deck out. It's quite a cerebral deck that not everyone would like.