Oracle deck from Ciro!!!

Myrrha

cirom said:
That is exactly what is planned. As this attached example demonstrates. Primarily its an image pure and simple, that will have a rational provided in the book as to its role as part of the oracle. However it also has two clues. But you would only know that if you decided to participate and were aware of the questions.

If that makes sense.....

Oh, yay! That makes perfect sense, the imagery is the puzzle but only if you want it to be. Beautiful image by the way, always something uplifting about your work. That $1,000 is just a metaphor for the real prize....

cirom

dvorah ophir said:
what i do want to ask is whther the riddle itself be at a web site before the cards with a book come out?
because if i will purches them i know that i would like that riddle to be solved before so that at the end of the book will have the solotion so that i can try and solve it at my own rate and still have the ordered answer inside the book and not long time later on a web site that i will have to print and tape to the book -do you know and understand my meening?
i hope that is taken to considration, becaus that said book about merlyn did not have the answer inside it and only long after it was published came on the web site-that book was a geemik.
i understad fuly that your cards are not but maby you overlooked that specific problem that can ocure with riddles that have prizes on them.
thanks dvorah

There will be a web site involved yes. But it will not disclose the answer, nor will the book. Sorry...

At least not until the puzzle is solved by someone. Because If it did it would be public knowledge within a few minutes and spoil it for others who would still want to figure it out for themselves.

Ange

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Nintendo DS games....Professor Layton and the Curious Village, or Professor Layton and Pandora's Box....both are done in scenes with 'hidden' puzzles in each scene.

If you don't find the puzzle you can't solve it, and so don't earn the 'points'.

Reading through this, it seems to me that Cirom is developing an Oracle for all to use and grow to love as with his other decks....but with an added twist if anyone wants to look for it.

If we don't look for whatever in the card then we won't see it....we'll just see what we want to see for the reading of the cards.

The ones who want to study the card and maybe come across whatever extra there is there, can do so....and enter the contest...:)

The contest won't take anything away from the cards, neither will it add to them. The extra image/sign/whatever is there just for those who want it to be.

Have I got that right cirom?

Ang x

cirom

Ange said:
The contest won't take anything away from the cards, neither will it add to them. The extra image/sign/whatever is there just for those who want it to be.

Have I got that right cirom?

Ang x

More or less.

For example in the sample image I previously posted, the scene may in the context of the deck represent a concept ... say 'Harmony' for the sake of the example. However for those wishing to participate, that very same image is also part of the puzzle. i.e. in this particular case you would need to figure out what song the girl was playing ?????.

But don't even try working it out yet from this image, its not the final version. But you get the idea. To solve the riddles and clues will require some lateral thinking combined in many cases with actual knowledge. Thats why I said earlier that I think it will be fun and necessary to join forces with other members to have any hope of solving the entire puzzle.

souljourney

cirom said:
Hopefully yes, a few more card drafts. I'll also be explaining something of the structure. I.e. sub divisions of the cards into general categories, how two or more cards might be used in sequence to arrive at more complex conclusions. I've already shown preliminary schematics to Garnet, so at the next meeting I'll be test driving the idea with the rest of you. See you there.

You know, we would love to have you at our meetup group in Kansas City if you ever feel like traveling this way... of course you might want to wait til it's not in the middle of a blizzard... :)

Golden Moon

Count me in too...!!!!! :D

Debra

cirom said:
Debra, I had already referred to Masquerade as being a refernce for this idea, in the deck creation forum.

I was not aware of the other project you provided a link to. I'm curious though wether by providing these links it was to indicate that a deck/book puzzle had been successfully done in the past, or simply that the idea was not an original one ?.

I ask because I'm now a little concerned that by offering a prize its being construed as a "gimmick" to sell more decks. ...

No, no, I like the idea! I didn't mean to imply that it's a gimmick, and I didn't see your comments in the other thread. Actually I just learned about Masquerade very recently. I have the Key to the Kingdom kit & I love it (haven't gotten all that far in solving the riddle, though!). I think a hidden puzzle or riddle or story is a great idea, regardless of whether it's a contest with a prize or a personal challenge. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ange

I'll certainly be getting this one....as I've had to leave Tarot decks alone now.

It looks like being an Oracle deck that will be worth having...:)

Ang x

Mojo Twin 2

Hi Ciro. I just wanted to add my voice to the "extremely excited about this" group. I have loved and used all your Tarot Decks and your understanding, empathy and intuition seem to grow with each project.

cirom

I'm planning to test my ideas of the structure and system behind this deck over the next few weeks. I'll be using members of the South Florida Tarot Association as beta testers. When that structure is more defined then I'll provide some addition info, card titles etc.

For now here is another "no title yet" image.

Attachments

• oracle-card.jpg
    oracle-card.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 229