Luman,anyone?

Silverlyn

MM,

I just ordered the Dreaming In Color, Luman Oracle Deck and can't wait to start using them!:)

Has anyone else used these?

Thoughts?

BB,

Silverlyn

huredriel

Silverlyn, beautiful deck and amazing to use. Great for meditation/journeying and intuitive readings, my preferred oracle deck so far :) Enjoy :heart: ....... oh and if you want practice at reading intuitively with them, we have the intuitive oracle exchange once per month!

Alta

There is the Intuitive oracle Circle and the SOUL oracle exchange. Just add your name to this thread to get a PM notification when the new rounds are posted.

I have that deck and have used it, it just isn't active for me right now, likely just have to many oracles. But it is a wonderful deck.

Marion

Silverlyn

Thanks!:)

Glad to see others have and use this deck, too!

Did anyone of you get a headache while veiwing these images?

So far, almost every time I look at them (and this is just online!). I get this very definite, strange sort of headache from them!?

The colors and images are just so scorchingly beautiful, guess it's lancing my eyes or something, lol:)

What do you all mean by 'intuitive readings?'

And how do you use them, exactly?

I'm sort of a newbie regarding reading my decks, 'intuitively'

ie: I also have The Faeries Oracle and the book even says 'Don't read the book, just 'feel' the cards when you pick them....yet I want to know what each card means, otherwise,I don't know. I mean, I have certain cards I do 'feel' for more than others..(Like The Oak Man, his EYES, Ooooo, so kind and wise:)

I use my cards more as ART cards, I suppose, I just love to look at the pics on them more than anything!

Like I said, I have got LOTS to learn from all of you!

Silverlyn

huredriel

No headaches, not sure why you would get them unless, just a thought, its a sensory overload of some kind.

To me intuitive readings are where you read the pictures, go by images, feelings ........ thoughts that whisper across your mind ....... not what you get from a book ........ though one day I will actually sit down and read one of the books that go with one of my tarot and/or oracle decks LOL :D

I especially like this deck to journey with ........ I sit and absorb the image of the card I've chosen ........ and let close my eyes and visualise entering the actual card ..... let your *imagination* do the rest ..... and write it up when you come out of the card & open your eyes ..... amazing what symbolism you can get from doing that. Mind I've only done that with about 4-5 of the cards.

Enjoy :heart:

Silverlyn

Luman glossy?

Hi.

Just received my deck today!:) It was just the deck with the book, not the bag.

Question: Are the cards meant to be matte?

I thought they'd be very shiny/glossy (like say The Quest cards type finish). No?

Nonetheless, they're incredibly vivid and gorgeous!:)

Silverlyn

Silverlyn

LOVE my new deck!!

Hi all:

I now own TWO Luman Decks....the first one was an 'older' deck where the cards are slightly wider, larger and have a more matte finish (yet the colors are more vivid on them!:) I'm keeping them as a back-up deck or possibly as a gift deck for now..

THEN...I decided to get the new deck (from the Luman site)...and these are easier to hold and use, narrower, rounded corners and glossier (yet the colors aren't as vivid)...but nonetheless:

GAH, I LOVE this deck! I carry the newer Luman with me in my purse and I can FEEL their gorgeous energy!

Anyway: Last night, my daughter and I played with the Luman deck and we did 3-card readings of:

1) What do you need to keep/get

2) What do you need to get rid of/let go

3) What do you need to learn?

(Learned of this one on an archive ep at The Tarot Connection Podcast show.)

Anway: WOW, was IT ever right-on! We did this spread several times and it was sooooooo correct and meaninful!

The only question I do have tho: Is that on our last reading of this spread:

It said that I needed to KEEP 'Avarice' Then we read the meaning of the Avarice card. Could someone clarify for me what part of Avarice I should look at 'keeping'? (If you ask me, I have a PROBLEM with Avarice...and need to GET RID OF IT....and am working on doing so in my life, btw:)

So? Advice?

Thank you for making such an awesome deck, Mindy. They are my favorite, already!

Silverlyn

pippi

Ack!! I just read this after ordering this deck from ebay. It's listed as the 2004 version, so I'm assuming I'm getting the larger, matte version? I wish I had known there were two versions!

Thoughts on the differences anyone?? Silverlyn, you said you put your matte copy away so I'm guessing you like the glossier one better? I generally prefer matte cards, but this deck seems to call for some shine. And larger cards definitely do not equal better, in my book.

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Silverlyn

Actually: After getting the glossy, newer version...believe it or not, as far as vividness of color goes, I liked the matte ones better!

So...I may order those again in the future (happily gifted them away)....tho they are a bit wider, and I have small hands, so the narrower, newer cards work well for that part.

I need to get these out again...been a while!:)

Let me know how they read for you!

At any rate: There are pros and cons to both versions.

Silverlyn

mdawn

I have the older deck, and while it took some time to get used to shuffling I can't picture them any other way. The coloring is so vivid on this deck I can't imagine adding shine to it. :bugeyed: My head might explode! :D

I am so excited to see others posting more about this deck! Yay!

Silverlyn - Was it all the cards that triggered the headaches or specific cards? Has this gotten better for you?