Luman,anyone?

Silverlyn

I think it was seeing all the cards laid out that gave me headaches the most...some sort of sensory overload or something.....

I've only used them a small handful of times before putting them away to be replaced with all my newest Tarot decks I've been getting:)

Soon I'll get them out again. They gave such insightful, accurate readings for me and my family, even my hubby liked them!

Thanks for reviving this thread again, pippi and mdawn:)

Silverlyn

pippi

Oh good, okay, now I feel better about buying the older version. :)

Sophie

I loved that deck from the moment I opened the pack. It spoke - it sang! - to me, for a year or more.

And one day it went silent. I don't know why. And stayed silent. So I traded it away.

It was a blessing, for a while... like the flowers it shows, it bloomed in my life, and faded.

But I am always happy to read it gives other people pleasure :)

firefrost

Mine's the older matte version and I wouldn't be without them. It's like stepping into the twilight zone when I use them.

Beautiful.

peapodgrrl

The only question I do have tho: Is that on our last reading of this spread:

It said that I needed to KEEP 'Avarice' Then we read the meaning of the Avarice card. Could someone clarify for me what part of Avarice I should look at 'keeping'? (If you ask me, I have a PROBLEM with Avarice...and need to GET RID OF IT....and am working on doing so in my life, btw:)

So? Advice?

Thank you for making such an awesome deck, Mindy. They are my favorite, already!

Silverlyn[/QUOTE]

Silverlyn:

What I am getting as far as you "keeping" avarice....avarice doesn't always have to have a negative connotation, as all the cards have both dark and light applications to their meanings. In this case, I feel it means you need to take care of yourself first as you may tend to put others' needs before your own, and often at your own expense. There is a difference between selfishness and self-investedness, and the reading may have been telling you that a little more of the latter would serve you. You are the type of kind soul that who go into the store and say, "oh, _____ would love this." Is it possible you often sacrifice something (emotionally, not necessarily materially) to keep peace? Is it possible that you put your own feelings and needs aside because you feel others' take precedence over yours? The cards are telling you to nurture yourself first because only when you are fulfilled can you begin to fulfill others. Be selfish now, be self-aware now, do for yourself now because that is what you need to achieve to reach your goals. :)

On the material side: want that insanely expensive candle set because it gives you pleasure? Get it. Fell in love with a beautiful scarf? Get it. A little self nurturing and yes, selfishness (the light side of the emotion) is in order now. Not spending for the sake of spending, but spending when something gives you deep pleasure.

On the emotional side: do for yourself first, and only then will you have enough "left in the tank" for others. You don't even realize how much joy and fulfillment you give to others, and sometimes, yes, at your own emotional expense.

Mindy Sommers
Dreaming in Color

Silverlyn

peapodgrrl Silverlyn: What I am getting as far as you "keeping" avarice....avarice doesn't always have to have a negative connotation said:
(Emotionally, I do....Oh yes, very definitely. I work all day, then come home, make dinner, then it's bedtime, on weekends, it's chores, attending to hubby and daughter is every day.....ie: I haven't sat down and read a beloved Gothic Novel in YEARS!? I haven't allowed myself to write new poems and stories,etc....*sigh*! )

Is it possible that you put your own feelings and needs aside because you feel others' take precedence over yours?

(Again, VERY definitely so)

The cards are telling you to nurture yourself first because only when you are fulfilled can you begin to fulfill others. Be selfish now, be self-aware now, do for yourself now because that is what you need to achieve to reach your goals. :)

(MMMM, perhaps I DO need to be a little emotionally more selfish. I spread myself sooo thin....)..

Want that insanely expensive candle set because it gives you pleasure? Get it. Fell in love with a beautiful scarf? Get it.

(Now THEM words are DANGEROUS...heeheee;) )

A little self nurturing and yes, selfishness (the light side of the emotion) is in order now.

(Mindy: WOW, the way you've interpreted this card for me...thank you SO much, it really clarifies things!)

Mindy Sommers
Dreaming in Color

(Wow you are a really good reader, Hugs!)

Silverlyn

pippi

I just received my deck moments ago, and apparently I did get the newer version, as it's not matte.

I am sad to say I am very disappointed with the coloring. The scans on the website are so much more brilliant than the cards, which is such a tremendous let down. Just to give one example, compared to the online version, the Anger card is so very horribly muted and just completely lacks that energy that the bright red scan portrays. (And the other "red" cards aren't even red!)

... :(

firefrost

pippi said:
I just received my deck moments ago, and apparently I did get the newer version, as it's not matte.

I am sad to say I am very disappointed with the coloring. The scans on the website are so much more brilliant than the cards, which is such a tremendous let down. Just to give one example, compared to the online version, the Anger card is so very horribly muted and just completely lacks that energy that the bright red scan portrays. (And the other "red" cards aren't even red!)

... :(

Hmmm...I don't know what's happened but looking at my first printing of the deck (it now says it's the fifth one) and my cards are exactly the same as yours.

I didn't see them as 'muted' when I got mine so now I'm wondering if the site's been changed since then and this is why they look so bright there now.

I would be disappointed too if I were you. I won't say the 'reds' aren't red but there's certainly a vast difference between the card colourings on the site and the ones I have.

Maybe email her and see what she says? I remember she was very nice before.

Hils :)

Alta

hum, I have no idea what version I have (unless I find the booklet). But the cards that are supposed to be red, are really red! Deep, impressive red.

Edited: I just the site, my cards are exactly as depicted. Off to find the booklet for printing number (I hope).