Lunar ecplise

214red

Hey

I am curious how the lunar eclipse in capricorn has affected you all, i know it wont show the effects for a while yet but i thought i would start the discussion.

looking forward to hearing the stories:)

Nik

Minderwiz

The eclipsed Moon falls in 15 degrees 32 mins of Capricorn.

The effect will depend on where it falls in your Natal chart, and particularly if it aspects one of your natal planets, the Ascendant or the MC.

Look at what house it falls in and if there is a planetary aspect, which house the aspected planet falls in and which house(s) it rules.

That should give some indication of those areas of life which are most likely to be affected.

Marcia959

This eclipse is a prenumbral eclipse rather than a partial or total. Does that make a difference on the degree of influence?

Minderwiz

Treat it as weaker. Also if the eclipse is on the 'wrong' side of the Earth, it's generally taken as weaker still. For the UK, the eclipse is around 10:38 am so that would weaken it's effects in the UK.

This eclipse has two rulers, Mars and Saturn, which have the same essential dignity at the degree of the eclipse. The Moon is also in detriment in Capricorn and applying to a trine with Saturn (about a degree and half off). At the same time Mars is in partile square with Jupiter.

Oh, there's a total solar eclipse coming on July 22nd, followed by another Appulse lunar eclipse on 6th August. Three eclipses at three consecutive lunations.

This first eclipse in in a separating conjunction from my wife's natal sun and falls in the sixth house. The Total Solar occurs in her first house.

pouter

when was the lunar eclipse? I saw the sun turn a bright shad eof red recently and wondered if that was it. I noticed the sun and moon out together for a few days.
Thanks I am putting my crystals outside.

Minderwiz

For UK it's tomorrow 7th July 10:38 am

franniee

This eclipse hits the top of my chart. It is 8 degrees from my Midheaven Saturn conjunction and Jupiter is another 3 degrees away from them, it trines my Taurus ascendant and Virgo sun. It squares my natal libra moon, merc and mars (they are conjunct). .....so how would I interpret it for me? Eclipses confuse me....

I would appreciate some help. I had no idea this was coming......for me 5:22AM tomorrow. :heart:

Minderwiz

I've checked with NASA

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OH2009.html

who say this eclipse is of 'academic interest' only and can't be seen with the naked eye. So that downgrades it quite a bit.

Well let's be very conservative. In NY the eclipse occurs a few minutes after the Full Moon and the Moon was just setting. So let's take it as not visible.

In terms of aspects to planets again let's take the traditional view of strength of impact

Conjunction
Opposition
Square
Trine
Sextile.

Some Astrologers would confine their analysis to only the first two for eclipses in terms of natal effects and within that group many would keep the orb down to 1 or 2 degrees.

Now with your MC eclipse link there are two possibilities. Firstly the eclipse is in the tenth and beginning to apply to the MC by conjunction. The second is that the eclipse is in the ninth and is separated from a conjunction with the MC. If the later, then I'd guess that there's no effect here. If the former I'd still tend to discount it because of the wide orb but others might not.

With Saturn and Jupiter it again depends on the orb and whether it is an applying or separating. But from your account the orb is quite wide and you may well discount an effect.

Now in terms of the other aspects:

The square to your natal Moon Mercury and Mars is the next strongest type of aspect. Again you need to look at the orb and whether the aspect is applying or separating. Some Astrologers would not count this one at all, if they keep to the conjunctions/oppositions only approach for natal charts. However if the orb is very narrow and the aspect is applying I'd probably count it. I'd be looking at an orb of 1 degree max though. If it falls into this range and is applying, have a look at whether it is a sinister of dexter square.

It will be a sinister square if your natal Moon is in Aries, a dexter square if your natal Moon is in Libra (which it is). So if you have an orb of around 1 degree in the square then look closely at this. Given the tightness of the orb it's very unlikely that two of the three planets are affected and most likely that none of them are.

Repeat the analysis with the trine. Again use a very tight orb of 1 degree and if the aspect is applying or separating. In this case the trine is a sinister trine, so it's effects would be weaker and more hidden than for a dexter trine.

If the above conditions don't apply to you then treat this as a 'normal' lunation and the house in which it falls is likely to be more strongly stressed over the next month (either tenth or ninth). There will also be some positive affects on you and your well being (depending on how strong that trine is) and some stress on your responsive/feelings/needs, possibly in the form of uncomfortable feeling about the ninth/tenth effects. Again the orb will be important, as it may not even be noticeable if the orb is wide.

franniee

Thank you Minderwiz - all of your assumptions were on point. It is the 9th house. The past couple of years the eclipses have been directly hitting my natal chart - my sun, my personal planets - which is why I was curious. Thanks for clarifying.

pouter

I don't know enough about my hororscope to know it's significance. Yet I keep seeing a mysterious black cat which isn't there.Spirit I think.
Regardless to whether it will affect me or not I placed the crystals in a thunderstorm. They have already sat in the sun of the solstice, so I hoping it will keep the energy strong.