The Playing Card Oracles: Study Group Anyone?

Skydancer

A friend of mine in HS had it memorized also - would go off on a snap -- SO much fun to listen to and she put her whole self into it. Great fun!!
I had it in my head for a while but have since forgotten which part goes where ....

:)

Bernice

Deck and book set.

Got the book & deck set 2 weeks ago. Been reading through it.

Brilliant idea to use the geomantic symbols! I came across these
years ago and used them in horoscopes, so seeing them again
in relation to a deck of cards is like meeting an old friend.

I would love to read a novel by Ana, the book is so very well written.

I find the card suit associations a bit confusing though, but as someone
else pointed out in another thread = just go with flow.
And it seems that this should be the case with these cards - 'cos they
work!

Bee.

Satori

I pulled mine out again...and this time I'm learning this system. I've resurrected some playing card threads, and I'm looking at the systems out there....comparing them and so forth.

The thing that strikes me about this system, PCO's, is that they seem to have done a lot of work for you, have sort of pulled together the ancient sources and tried to restore the deck to it's former identity. Most ATers who have looked it over seem to like it, from the threads I've read, and with the geomantic addition it seems like an intriguing system.

From what I can see, even if you don't use the spreads they recommend or the geomancy, you still get accurate readings.

Bernice

:) :) :)

Oddly enough it's the Geomantic spread approach that I like - not the card meanings :)

Hoping I'm not alone in this, it would be too weird.....

Bee :)

cardlady22

Nope, you're not alone, Bee! It sent me off on a grand geomancy-reference-collecting spree!

Bhavana

Guess this study group fizzled out before it really got started?? Is anyone interested in resurrecting it?

moon

I would be very interested in a study group for this deck.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

kalliope

I might be, too. I haven't participated in a study group before, so I don't know how structured it is or how well I'd do with it, but I'd love to have a place to discuss some of the cards and readings with the deck.

nyilatt

Has the the study group been started?

DownUnderNZer

More like a "practise cards" group might be the way to go. Card meanings are straight forward not the spreads themselves although I think I'm starting to get it a bit more...just wish she put in better examples of her readings plus pics or diagrams.