Tyldwick Tarot

Moona

OK. I surrender. You have persuaded me. I'm too curious to let this go. I'm trying to downsize my collection but obviously this is not the right time to get stingy. Just ordered.

Altena

Yes. The cut-throat razor and the blood smear - folding into the 10 of swords - makes a chilling combination, I think. I see a figurine too, and I can see it (and its significance) changing depending on the context of the reading. To me, it looks like somebody kneeling. They could be either victim or perpetrator, I think.

As to a LWB: to be honest, I'm not missing it with this deck and I'm usually someone who likes to have one to check. On a purely personal level, I think it's forcing me to trust my own judgement when I read the card: making me walk with the tightrope without a safety net! I appreciate that's an extremely personal response, though, and not much good for anybody else! :D

For some reason the 10 of swords made me think of a suicide bid. You know, when everything just turns black and you can't see any other way out. The letter could easily be a suicide note. And yes, blood smear was what I thought of when I saw the red color on the wall as well. On the other hand it could be a bit of a Sweeney Todd-esque scene too :D

What I love so much about this deck is that the images can be interpreted in so many ways. When I look at the cards I don't always see the traditional RWS meanings reflected in them and that's ok with me. I want my intuition to tell me what the cards signify, based on what I see in them(and of course their position in the reading).

I agree with what you said about the LWB. With other decks I have struggled to read intuitively and most of the times I've ended up consulting the book, something which is definitely not the case with this deck. It's like I can't stop my inner self from chatting away when consulting the cards :p

It could be because I have no choice but to rely on myself(due to the lack of said LWB), but for some reason I don't think this is it. It never even occurred to me that there should have been an LWB because looking at the cards the first time I never felt like I needed one.

The only thing I feel would be interesting(speaking of a LWB) would be to peek into the mind of the artist and see his take on these images. What was his idea behind the 10 of swords? Why the razor? What would have been written in the letter? What does the figurine represent? Things like that could be interesting to learn more about from the perspective of the man who created this image.

Honestly I don't care that the tuckbox isn't that sturdy. It's not like I keep the deck in it anyways....up until now I've kept the cards out of the box even when I don't use it. I love being able to look through them at all times and I've already found a perfect bag for it either ways.

I never really thought of it from a numerological perspective as I usually don't care what number my deck is, but seeing the other posts here have made me think about it some more. According to the card I got with the deck mine is number 242. 2 + 4 + 2 equals 8- the perfect number :D

I think I might just have found my soulmate deck :heart:

Penthasilia

Can anyone give details on the back of the cards? Pattern, pictures, etc?

Or post a pic?

:)

Thank you!

Ziev

Can anyone give details on the back of the cards? Pattern, pictures, etc?

Or post a pic?

Thank you!

Here is a picture of the backs. Its not the best of it gives you an idea. =)

Attachments

• 20130815_214723-1.jpg
    20130815_214723-1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 197

DaisyDragonfly

I agree with what you said about the LWB. With other decks I have struggled to read intuitively and most of the times I've ended up consulting the book, something which is definitely not the case with this deck. It's like I can't stop my inner self from chatting away when consulting the cards :p

Yes! That's exactly what I mean. The cards provide just enough detail to stimulate your imagination and then leave the rest up to you. And because there's no LWB to fall back to, you can only trust yourself. Or, in my case, I have to trust myself! :laugh:

The only thing I feel would be interesting(speaking of a LWB) would be to peek into the mind of the artist and see his take on these images. What was his idea behind the 10 of swords? Why the razor? What would have been written in the letter? What does the figurine represent? Things like that could be interesting to learn more about from the perspective of the man who created this image.

I can see that. On the other hand: well, if the creator of the deck tells me what he thinks would have been written in the letter, that's what will always be in the letter when I look at it, no matter what the purpose of the reading is. Whereas, without knowing, the letter will change according to context. I think I like having this flexibility. It's the only RWS-based deck I own where this will be so.

Since this is a perfect deck onto which the reader can project themselves, I wonder how people find it as a reading deck for other people? I pretty much only ever read for myself so haven't had the opportunity to test drive it in that way.

LadyDeborah

I feel like I have stepped through the wardrobe and entered a world just for me! These are absolutely amazing cards. I love that I can go and explore the grounds and the rooms and take in every detail without the clatter of people vying for attention within. I feel like these cards were made just for me. They read very well. :D This deck is definitely one of my top decks. I can see myself wearing these out that I might have to get another one just in case. lol. Thank you Neil.

EDIT: I'm not sure if any of you are into numerology but my deck number boils down to one. To me it means the beginning of a remarkable relationship for me and these cards. YAY!

I decided to let it go and hope I got a number that I would like. When I heard what number I got, I was very pleased. The number equals 2, so I thought it resonated with me. Everything about these cards felt right to me. And here all along, I had decided not to order this deck. Then, I had this sudden urge that I was making a huge mistake. I love it so much, I wish I could get another, but I think I'll have to be happy with one!

Juliana

Neil posted on his Tyldwick Tarot Facebook page asking for any questions people may have about the deck. So if anyone has any questions about it, I'd definitely head over to the FB page and comment on that status update.

BodhiSeed

Neil posted on his Tyldwick Tarot Facebook page asking for any questions people may have about the deck. So if anyone has any questions about it, I'd definitely head over to the FB page and comment on that status update.

I'm not on Facebook, so I can't leave a comment. Is there someone who would be willing to see if (when he had time), Neil would do a pdf that tells about the cards? Not about the meanings of each card, but what is actually in the card (a certain statue, painting, bird, etc.). These cards are mysterious, beautiful, haunting and elegant. I want to dig deeply into them, but some of the details are impossible to see with these old eyes. :)

Ziev

I decided to let it go and hope I got a number that I would like. When I heard what number I got, I was very pleased. The number equals 2, so I thought it resonated with me. Everything about these cards felt right to me. And here all along, I had decided not to order this deck. Then, I had this sudden urge that I was making a huge mistake. I love it so much, I wish I could get another, but I think I'll have to be happy with one!

I'm so happy you got them. At first I wasn't going to either. I could have signed up for the pre-order but decided to wait. It wasn't until I saw the YouTube review that I decided to go for it. As for the deck number, I didn't even think about it until it came. Overall very happy.