LS Secret Tarot - 6 of Swords

Dakota

Yes, I agree that the man is a ferryman, not someone she knows. Whenever I look at her, my mind says "Jane Eyre", which fits right in with the analyses above.

teaguejb

Like others, I see no connection between the man and woman except that she has hired him to take her on this trip. She is alone. She is moving on. Maybe there's a sense of melancholy about being uprooted and kind of isolated. She is standing on her own two feet, though, with head held high. Contrast this with the nine of swords which is a bit overly dramatic. In this card, the woman is perhaps intentionally being stoic. She is maybe even starting to enjoy the idea of what is to come when she reaches her destination. I have to say, the artwork on this particular card is exquisite.

Sanctum_Priest

I agree they are probably unrelated but she is going willingly. I see some regret in her departure. This fits with the concept of avoiding problems. I think she is running away from something.

I think the Eternal Night deck has a very similar card with two people in a boat. I'll have to check.