Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Your Favorite Lenormand?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Lenormand

Le Mat

Richard 
Le Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacewing View Post
This is going to sound super weird, but after using some other Lenormand decks for a while, I wasn't quite sure about how I felt about the pictures on them.

I ended up taking a deck of playing cards, using a permanent marker to write the number and name of the Lenormand card on it's corresponding playing card companion, and it's become my favorite deck.
That's not weird at all. I've also thought about doing that. I have ordered Melissa Hill's Modern Minimalist Lenormand in order to get away from "reading the pictures," since its images are basically just silhouettes.
Top   #211
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

I have to add the Stralsunder to my favourites. A recent acquisition but just gorgeous.
Top   #212
Citizen

Jesii 
Citizen

I am very new to Lenormand (I own 3 sets, and still trying to learn the cards) but my favourite is probably the Daveluy deck It's one of the few sets that includes 'old'/traditional art work that I like.
Top   #213
Embrace your inner squirrel.

Chiska 

At the moment, my favorite is the Mystical Lenormand. For some reason, I am mad at my Blue Owl. Part of the problem is that I often mistake the Moon card for the Stars. It could be my poor eyesight, but unless I have the both of them right next to one another, I mistake the Moon for the Stars. But never the Stars for the Moon. The moon is such a wee sliver, and almost an afterthought, on the Moon card in my deck.
Top   #214
Resident

Teheuti 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacewing View Post
I ended up taking a deck of playing cards, using a permanent marker to write the number and name of the Lenormand card on it's corresponding playing card companion, and it's become my favorite deck.
Everyone should make and at least occasionally use one of these. It's cheap and practical.
Top   #215

Chiska 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teheuti View Post
Everyone should make and at least occasionally use one of these. It's cheap and practical.
I have a lovely playing card deck that I never use and this is a great suggestion! I will work on it this weekend!

Not only cheap and practical, but educational as well.
Top   #216
Citizen

Penthasilia 
Citizen

Just received the Mertz and am in love. I don't have my Gluck yet- it is traveling slowly across the pond, but this one has even beat out the Game of Hope for me. So unless the Gluck is downright fantastic- this will most likely be my go to lenormand!

Fantastic!

The imagery is simple, the coloration so gorgeously beige/golden, it reads incredibly well!

ETA: Well- the Gluck now wins after reading with all of them for a bit. But the Mertz is a very close second.
Top   #217
Citizen

Tag_jorrit 
Citizen

I thought I had *a* favorite. Now I realize that I have about 6 favorites. Among those favorites are the Gluck, Mertz & Game of Hope. As well as *swoon* the Dondorf, Stralsunder and Blue Owl. I require the playing card inserts in all because they serve as visual reminders of those cards that can also represent people.

The reason I really like the minimalist ones like the Gluck, Mertz & Game of Hope is because they ring clear, like a single musical note. The reason I love the Dondorf, Stralsunder and Blue Owl decks is that the art is sumptuous but not distracting and has the quality of a musical cord: the symbol is pure but full of warmth and resonance.
Top   #218
Citizen

Penthasilia 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag_jorrit View Post
I thought I had *a* favorite. Now I realize that I have about 6 favorites. Among those favorites are the Gluck, Mertz & Game of Hope. As well as *swoon* the Dondorf, Stralsunder and Blue Owl. I require the playing card inserts in all because they serve as visual reminders of those cards that can also represent people.

The reason I really like the minimalist ones like the Gluck, Mertz & Game of Hope is because they ring clear, like a single musical note. The reason I love the Dondorf, Stralsunder and Blue Owl decks is that the art is sumptuous but not distracting and has the quality of a musical cord: the symbol is pure but full of warmth and resonance.
I absolutely agree. And after reading with all, amazingly it is the Gluck that has won my first choice!

Part of the reason is the size, the squared corners making setting up the grand tableau so effortless- plus it reads like a dream. Purity in symbolism. That, the Mertz and the GoH all have my love for it. The Dondorf- that was my first love and will continue to be right up there as well!
Top   #219

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.