USG NEW TIN DECKS!!!!!!!!!!

Darytessekhmet

Does US Games or their representatives read these threads? If so how about a RWS without the hideous plaid backs and no copyright mark? I think they would sell the heck out of them. Especially if the copyright really is expired or will be soon. They could get a jump on everyone else who wants to make them. And in a tin would be a nice bonus.

G6

Does US Games or their representatives read these threads? If so how about a RWS without the hideous plaid backs and no copyright mark? I think they would sell the heck out of them. Especially if the copyright really is expired or will be soon. They could get a jump on everyone else who wants to make them. And in a tin would be a nice bonus.

US Games has all these links with discussions about the tin decks, so I'm sure they at least consider the thoughts posted here.

To your point about the copyright issue I don't have any tin decks at the moment, so I cant check what the font size is like, but I have attached a pic of my 1971 Rider that is tin size and the copyright is so tiny I had to look for it. It almost just looks like a line in the border. My point is if they can't ditch it maybe they can go back to this font type and size. Personally, I like the plaid backs on the Rider because they feel traditional. I do have an Albano-Waite from the 80's with no copyright (see pic). They should try that one for a tin. I'm not wild about the backs, but I'm fine with tradition.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 35.jpg
    FullSizeRender 35.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 233
  • FullSizeRender 34.jpg
    FullSizeRender 34.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 212

crystal dawn

The original Barbara Walker tarot cards are slightly bigger than the tin (slightly taller). Though the actual pictures in the Barbara Walker tarot in a tin are slightly bigger (slightly taller and wider). The Barbara Walker tarot in a tin pictures on the cards are more square rather than the oblong ones on the original. The pictures on the original cards are slightly clearer though you would not notice this unless you had both decks side by side. One interesting difference I did notice was that the man in the lovers card has changed his top for the newly released deck in a tin (which was nice of him). In the original he has a green top on and in the deck in a tin he has a yellow top on. Glad I have the deck in the tin with the slightly larger pictures.

Blessings

Crystal

banbha

The original Barbara Walker tarot cards are slightly bigger than the tin (slightly taller). Though the actual pictures in the Barbara Walker tarot in a tin are slightly bigger (slightly taller and wider). The Barbara Walker tarot in a tin pictures on the cards are more square rather than the oblong ones on the original. The pictures on the original cards are slightly clearer though you would not notice this unless you had both decks side by side. One interesting difference I did notice was that the man in the lovers card has changed his top for the newly released deck in a tin (which was nice of him). In the original he has a green top on and in the deck in a tin he has a yellow top on. Glad I have the deck in the tin with the slightly larger pictures.

Blessings

Crystal

Thanks for the side by side comparison. :thumbsup: The Lover's shirt is funny. It's too bad they couldn't get rid of those white boarders since they were making changes!

G6

Thanks for the side by side comparison. :thumbsup: The Lover's shirt is funny. It's too bad they couldn't get rid of those white boarders since they were making changes!

Is that cool to just change the color in the original artwork? I wouldn't want some designer zapping around Photoshop altering original works. Btw, now I'm going to move this one up on my wishlist to check out the differences. I have no doubt though that my 1986, printed by AGMuller, Barbara Walker Tarot is a better quality print.

G6

Blessings

Crystal

Just looked at my original. So weird that they changed his shirt. Why would they do that? Maybe it was important to the artist that they be in matching outfits for that card.

banbha

Is that cool to just change the color in the original artwork? I wouldn't want some designer zapping around Photoshop altering original works. Btw, now I'm going to move this one up on my wishlist to check out the differences. I have no doubt though that my 1986, printed by AGMuller, Barbara Walker Tarot is a better quality print.

Perhaps not, more like funny as in weird. I'd be interested to read your opinion.

crystal dawn

I would guess that the colour change would more likely be accidental rather than deliberate. Possible a printing error or possibly the original pictures or scans US games have have some fading in colour on that particular card. It's just good that this tarot deck has been rereleased.

Blessings

Crystal

crystal dawn

I would love it if they published the tarot of frown strong in a tin. I know this is a majors only deck, but still that would be pretty cool. Especially if it came with the accompanying little white book that has black and white scans of each card and full page description of each card as in the original tarot of frown strong.

Blessings

Crystal