Vargo's Gothic Daily Card

lunakasha

I have recently rediscovered my long-lost love....the darkly irresistible Gothic Tarot by Joseph Vargo.

I thought it might be interesting to post our daily card draws using the Gothic....other decks including the Osho Zen, Spiral and RW have been used for daily cards, so why not the Gothic??? :D

Looking forward to sharing insights on these cards with other Gothic fans....

:) Luna

lunakasha

DAILY CARD--July 9--Ace of Swords

Oooooh how nice!!!

My first card is the lovely Ace of Swords....

As I take a closer look at this card, I am drawn in by the intricate, swirling red design which frames the sword. I wonder what the significance of this design might be...complexity maybe, to represent the complexity of the mind or intellect???

I wonder if anyone has any further comments on this???

The sword itself is impressive...and it does stand out nicely against the red and black background. It makes me think of structure, and firm beliefs....a solid thought process.

From the LWB: triumph, justice, power, conquest.

Sounds like I will be feeling on top of the world tomorrow!

lunakasha

DAILY CARD--July 10--Ace of Swords/Knight of Pentacles

OK....this is really strange....

I shuffled and shuffled, cut the deck and....pulled the Ace of Swords AGAIN!!! :eek: Yes, my card for today....guess I should pay attention to that but....for fun and giggles, I pulled a second card (partly because I wanted to write about a different card, hehehe!)

Ace of Swords/Knight of Pentacles

Please see my previous post for a description of the Ace of Swords...

The Knight of Pentacles in this deck is very cool....dark and dangerous-looking! Not someone you want to mess with, especially not in a moonlit cemetary being stared down by a pack of wolves....

This Knight looks angry....yet also in a defensive posture, with his cape swept in front of him. He is ready to fight for and protect what is his, and he has three wolves at his feet, to fight with him. The Knight is not aggressive, but he is in survival mode; he will fight if provoked, and is not afraid to be challenged. He has the mental clarity and strength of character to win most challenges without ever having to use physical force. He is stronger than he appears to be...his will should not be tested or underestimated.

Interesting card in combination with the Ace of Swords, which also makes me think of mental clarity, courage and strength....

SongDeva

For July 9, 2004:

Six Wands, Reversed

I'm studying others meanings now, in addition to my own intuitive ones, and felt moved to use R Pollacks 78 Degrees for this one:

It really hit home: I've had a lot of messages lately that great success is coming to me, and though I haven't fully trusted, I try to be positive and affirm, and be open.

This card was saying bravery and enthusiasm can't be faked, and if you are having to work at your enthusiasm and excitement for the future, it is necessary to look at what fears are holding you back, and preventing true enthusiasm.

Dead on it is! And I'm working on that now.

I'll post today's when I pull it.

lunakasha

SongDeva said:
I'll post today's when I pull it.

(((SD)))

So where is it, huh??? ;) hehehehe!!!

Glad to see you posting here, Snoggy....I was getting lonely!!!

I am going to post my card for tomorrow in a few minutes....

:D Luna

lunakasha

DAILY CARD--July 11--V High Priest

This card is trump V--the High Priest (Hierophant)

I have rarely had this card come up before, either as a daily card or in a full reading....so I am a little hesitant as to its interpretation, especially given its "unusual" depiction in the Gothic deck....I am WAY overtired (LOL) but here goes....

The card shows a nosferatu-like creature standing in an upright coffin; the coffin appears to be standing inside a stone mausoleum, which is being "guarded" by two winged skeletons.
The High Priest and both skeletons are in the same pose, with both arms crossed over the chest.

When I look at this High Priest, I am thinking....secrets. He is holding onto something, protecting his secrets....almost reminds me of the expression that a person will "take it to the grave", meaning that their secrets will never be revealed. Like taking an oath....maintaining the confidence of another person.

The traditional meaning of the Hierophant is about consciousness, perception, achievement of goals....authority?
I am again thinking...trust, confidence....release???
Release might be the reversed meaning of rigidity and authority, and since I do not use reversals per se, I consider both aspects of the card in my assessment.....

Ok...I am rambling a bit...here is what I am getting:
I need to be aware of what my goals are before I can reach them.
There is something I am trying to hang onto, that needs to be released at the right time. Secrets that I may be trying to keep from myself, if that makes sense. Needing to take an honest look at what it is I am trying to protect myself from.....

Anyone have other thoughts on this card???
Very interesting....

lunakasha

DAILY CARD--July 12--Knave of Wands

OK...court cards can be tricky for me, but here goes....

The card shows a horned demon/gargoyle-like creature, crouched down and clutching a skull at his feet with one hand, a wand in the other. His face looks wild and mischievous; it is not clear to me whether he is happy or angry, but he does look like he is cackling about something, LOL!!!

This card usually has to do with excitement, a high-energy person, good news....I am wondering if this has to do with my brother coming to visit today, or possibly good news about a new job for me??? Either way, I feel good about the day ahead, even though I am not exactly sure how to read this card...

Kittaine

July 13, 2004, Tuesday

It's 7:38 a.m. as I type this. My day is just beginning. The card I drew is...the 5 of Cups. This card scares me when I think of the things that have to be done today. I have two midterm exams, one test and...an opportunity to approach this guy that I've been trying to talk to for over a month.

I think of the loss and regret associated with this card and it worries me. I am HOPING and WISHING that it merely involves my love life and not my academic status. Because if I were to choose between the two--getting the guy or getting high grades--I would choose the latter. Screw the guy.

Since this is the suit of cups, which involves relationships and emotions, perhaps this card is talking about my love life. I look at the man gazing at the skull in his hand; and that “Alas, poor Yorick” line that Umbrae mentioned in the study group comes into my head. I do not sense any real sorrow or frustration here, only perhaps drama and a bit of humor. An exaggeration. In the card, the faint light from the window cast upon the man adds to that dramatic effect.

Maybe something not overwhelmingly negative will happen to me today, and I will react to it dramatically as I am prone to do. "Alas, poor Yorick...I knew him well..." *sniffles sniffles* "Why is this happening to me...? The whole universe is plotting a conspiracy against me...I love him helplessly yet I cannot have him. So near yet so far..."

Then I will end the day with an "Oh well."

lunakasha

Kittaine said:
July 13, 2004, Tuesday

It's 7:38 a.m. as I type this. My day is just beginning. The card I drew is...the 5 of Cups. This card scares me when I think of the things that have to be done today. I have two midterm exams, one test and...an opportunity to approach this guy that I've been trying to talk to for over a month.

I think of the loss and regret associated with this card and it worries me. I am HOPING and WISHING that it merely involves my love life and not my academic status. Because if I were to choose between the two--getting the guy or getting high grades--I would choose the latter. Screw the guy.

Since this is the suit of cups, which involves relationships and emotions, perhaps this card is talking about my love life. I look at the man gazing at the skull in his hand; and that “Alas, poor Yerick” line that Umbrae mentioned in the study group comes into my head. I do not sense any real sorrow or frustration here, only perhaps drama and a bit of humor. An exaggeration. In the card, the faint light from the window cast upon the man adds to that dramatic effect.

Maybe something not overwhelmingly negative will happen to me today, and I will react to it dramatically as I am prone to do. "Alas, poor Yerick...I knew him well..." *sniffles sniffles* "Why is this happening to me...? The whole universe is plotting a conspiracy against me...I love him helplessly yet I cannot have him. So near yet so far..."

Then I will end the day with an "Oh well."

Kittaine~

I really like your description of this card....for some reason, I have always been fond of this particular 5 of Cups card, even though its "traditional" meaning is "bittersweet....regret....loss."

I see him as being a complex character....I notice the way he gazes upon the skull with curiosity and wonder....yet his stare is intense, almost hypnotized by it. I am wondering now about how this might apply to your situation with the object of your affections....

I think many of us can relate to how you are feeling in this situation....helpless, afraid, wishing for happiness.....but unfortunately, life is full of heartache and disappointments, as well as moments of joy and fulfillment.
The question then becomes: what are you willing to do to make yourself happy??? Are you willing to make sacrifices (such as possible rejection) if the reward or outcome is worth the risk???

I wish you the best of luck in this situation....not an easy one at all....

Kittaine

What the? Accidentally posted twice...Would've deleted this one, but can't.