Tea Leaf oracle Study Thread

Enlightenment23

Literal:
There might be A purse you really like but do not have the money to purchase it.
or
A purse with hearts and barrels on it.

Non literal:
Deep care for your finances causes a lack of goals or money (not spending it easily on anything)
or
What you said.

Your non-literal interpretation of the cards make the most sense in terms of my overall thought process today.

But event-wise, I can't quite pinpoint what heart could have been referring to. The purse came up because my father offered to get my laptop fixed for me, and I was absolutely appalled by how much they charged him to get the job done. He didn't mind, but I could have definitely bought a new laptop with that money. Wish he would have told me the cost beforehand - I would have said, "Forget it! I'll get a new one."

The barrel could have been my disappointment in that my laptop repairer couldn't recover any of my files. So my laptop was fixed, but it was "empty."

CosmicBeing

Your non-literal interpretation of the cards make the most sense in terms of my overall thought process today.

But event-wise, I can't quite pinpoint what heart could have been referring to. The purse came up because my father offered to get my laptop fixed for me, and I was absolutely appalled by how much they charged him to get the job done. He didn't mind, but I could have definitely bought a new laptop with that money. Wish he would have told me the cost beforehand - I would have said, "Forget it! I'll get a new one."

The barrel could have been my disappointment in that my laptop repairer couldn't recover any of my files. So my laptop was fixed, but it was "empty."

I think the Heart is explained by your father's actions.

Enlightenment23

Daily Pull for Dec. 14

Basket (Recognition, Reward for Merit)
Tent (Temporary situation)
Valley (Deep personal strength and peace that assure success)

The basket card contains fruit and I love juicing in the morning, so I could see that representing the basket card.

The tent card is a tricky one. Side note, I've found this card to represent someone choosing to rent a home as opposed to buying a home. Or maybe I can be writing an article about a temporary situation or rent. Now that I'm able to get back to work, it's possible.

The Valley could just be about me being totally engrossed in my work and completely focused. We'll see.

CosmicBeing

Every January I do a year outlook to see the lessons and themes of the year. I was going to use these cards for the 3 card pull of the general themes of the year.

But, I think I might end up using my chakra zodiac oracle deck. I think possibly these cards are too detail oriented for it.

What's your opinion on these cards so far?

CosmicBeing

4 cards
Key - Knot -Fox - Handshake
Key - Successful outcome to your problems
Knot - unsuccessful plans
Fox- sitter will be inspired by the resourcefulness and shrewdness of the Fox during time period indicated.
Handshake- A meeting with a stranger could be important. During given time you will meet this stranger.

Well I did have plans with with a few people that didn't work out. So that may be indicated by Key+Knot, but that maybe it will be successful for this 7 day span because of some resourcefulness that allows to meet a stranger (or resourcefulness of someone else that is not me *stranger*)

We shall see!

Note: Handshake pulled two cards to describe stranger Leg & WindChimes. Won't translate this part until after December 14th.

Update 1: There was a girl that I kinda already speak to, but is still pretty much a stranger who studied arabic and middle east culture in college. She told me that she would enjoy meeting up to practice the language with me and also have chats about the middle eastern culture.

I'll come back later to translate leg and windchimes to describe who the stranger is.

Leg- stepping into a new experience.
Windchimes- Peace & harmony.
Not sure how this describes the girl or the stranger.

CosmicBeing

December 15 - 21st 2016

Butterfly-Box-Tiger-Haystack-Lightening-Knot-Wishbone
Butterfly- A change for the better
Box- You will receive a gift
Tiger- Doing something risky. Taking a chance.
Haystack- Karma: you will reap what you have sown.
Lightening- Control your anger or you will be sorry.
Knot- Unsuccessful plans
WishBone- A wish is granted

I pulled seven cards because a friend who just bought this deck said to try it out with 7 cards.

Non-literal:
A change for a better that is like a gift requires taking a chance to reap what you sown about anger over unsuccessful plans will be granted or unsuccessful plans of a wish wanted to be granted.

Literal:
Box - An actual box or a gift.
Tiger - Risk or maybe someone born during the tiger Chinese year or something reminds me of a tiger.
Haystack - An actual haystack, maybe something to do barn/farm management,
Lightening- electricity, an actual lightening, something mechanic.
knot- an actual knot, knot also makes me think of tying the knot (birth control, permanent birth control) even reminds me of marriage,
Wishbone- an actual wishbone, turkey, or maybe it's just an actual wish I say out loud like an affirmation.

Enlightenment23

Update 1: There was a girl that I kinda already speak to, but is still pretty much a stranger who studied arabic and middle east culture in college. She told me that she would enjoy meeting up to practice the language with me and also have chats about the middle eastern culture.

I'll come back later to translate leg and windchimes to describe who the stranger is.

Leg- stepping into a new experience.
Windchimes- Peace & harmony.
Not sure how this describes the girl or the stranger.

This is a wild guess, but I am getting dancing from this. Leg (dancing) and windchimes (music.)

Enlightenment23

Every January I do a year outlook to see the lessons and themes of the year. I was going to use these cards for the 3 card pull of the general themes of the year.

But, I think I might end up using my chakra zodiac oracle deck. I think possibly these cards are too detail oriented for it.

What's your opinion on these cards so far?

I see what you mean. You're right. Your Zodiac Oracle might be a better fit for thematic readings.

Well, I am still trying to get used to connecting with the deck. I am realizing that I might have to do more card pulls to get more precise interpretations. For example, if I get "Firecracker," I'd pull out a card to get a more precise sense of where I'll see this "excitement" will manifest itself.

I'm also still trying to see whether I should read the cards collectively or as individual events. I see that sometimes it's a collective message, and sometimes each card serves as an individual event. I guess I have to find a way to rectify these issues to get more precise interpretations :)

What's your take on these cards?

CosmicBeing

This is a wild guess, but I am getting dancing from this. Leg (dancing) and windchimes (music.)

Hm, not sure how that applies to her yet. I only sort of know her. Maybe she'll introduce me to some dancing and music of that culture.

Maybe she will recommend to listen to the music of that culture to learn the language more.