Crystal Study Group: Pearl

Hemera

I love pearls and I often wear them. I was given one as a gift last Christmas and I´ve pretty much worn just pearls since then. That is now 5 months. I´ll post my experiences below in the second post. Some have been rather interesting...

Here´s my original thread:http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=169859

And here is some info from that previous thread:

Pearls symbolize Purity, Spiritual Transformation, Charity, Honesty, Wisdom and Integrity, all the best within us. Pearls provide a clear vehicle for the advancing states of wisdom, as well as a clean channel for receipt of spiritual guidance.

Pearls can stimulate your femininity and help with self acceptance. They lift your spirits and make you feel calm and beautiful. They remind us to walk with Dignity.

Pearls not only provide a mirror in which to see ourselves, but give us insight into how we appear to others.

The ragged, rough grain of sand, transformed over time slowly growing into a object of great value and beauty. With it's humble beginnings, Pearls symbolize innocence and a pure heart, and help us get in touch with the simple honest things of life.

White: Symbol of pure heart and mind; innocence, faith.

Gold and Black: Also for prosperity.

Pink: Works especially with the heart Chakra.

Physical:For solar plexus Chakra (digestion, stomach, immunity) and emotional stress.

Keywords: Purity , honesty, innocence and integrity, concentration, focus, meditation, serenity, tranquility and wisdom.

Elements: Water

Astrological Sign: Cancer and Gemini

Vibrates to the number 7

Hemera

some thoughts and experiences..

Someone recently asked me if cultured pears also have an effect. Well, the thing is all pearls today are cultured pearls. Queen Elisabeth and her league wear real natural pearls but us mere mortals only have access to cultured ones.

The main difference today is between fresh water pearls and ocean (salt water) pearls but all are cultured ones. The salt water pearls are the more valuable ones. They have a finer luster as they spend a long time within the oyster. Often just a few pearls are inserted within an oyster at a time. Fresh water pearls spend just some months within the oyster (which is a different species of oyster,too) and there are very many inside each oyster. That´s why they are a lot cheaper.

I have been wearing pearls for several months in a row now. I think all of mine are just fresh water pearls. They certainly are cheap. (I also have a few very nice plastic ones that I´ve been experimenting with but, not surprisingly, they have no effect of any kind.)

The thing that draws me to pearls so much is probably the strong Moon/Cancer effect in my birth chart plus that my Sun in Aries needs some balancing. I often seem to need a crystal that calms me down and adds some "water" to my person. (Aquamarine is my other favorite. I´ll start a thread on that some day.)

The soothing and calming effect of pearls is very strong and it seems to act fast. Almost just touching them or looking at them seems to be enough to lower my blood pressure. I read in my (Finnish) crystal book that people who wear pearls -as well as the pearls themselves- both need a rest from time to time. That you should not wear pearls for too long. I didn´t quite understand this until some time early May I started to feel a strange sadness that seemed to come out of nowhere. There was no reason for it and it was a strange strong melancholy kind of feeling that seemed to constantly linger just around the corner. I very soon began to suspect that wearing pearls might have something to do with it. About a week ago -inspired by the Study Group here :) - I put all pearls away and started to wear my Spectrolite (Labradorite) pendant. I no longer feel sad. I feel a bit cranky instead but I don´t know if I can blame that on the Spectrolite :p Time will tell.

Bhavana

I love pearls, they are so beautiful. I have lots of pearl jewelry. I was wondering, when did they start culturing them entirely? I have many pearl pieces that were my mother's and grandmothers - wonder if they are cultured as well.

Not sure about the pearl's special abilities, but they make me feel more feminine and pretty when I wear them. They make any woman more beautiful. And I think most men like them on women as well.

Hemera

I was wondering, when did they start culturing them entirely? I have many pearl pieces that were my mother's and grandmothers - wonder if they are cultured as well..
I remember reading that culture started in the early 1900´s. But entirely? Not quite sure, maybe after WWII ?

Minotauro

what about nacre or "mother pearl"?

I actually dont mind about cultured pearls XD haha

besides it wasnt man made, it is not a fake , it is not something somebody painted or anything , a clam still did the job =P

everything I eat was specifically grown for me to eat it and it works just fine for me :)

DownwardSpiral

I've never really been attracted to pearl necklaces but do love pearl stud earrings as well as jewelry that may be a mix of pearls and other things.

In the original thread it was suggested I try pearls for hot flashes. As crazy as that sounds I had a hole in my ear I needed to get an earring in (as it goes through the cartilage) so I dug out a pearl earring and have been wearing it for the past 2 or 3 weeks now. I've been working with other crystals as well and this is only one tiny pearl but I have to say.....I think I've only had 2 or 3 hot flashes since I put on this earring. And I was getting at least 3 or more a day.

I would love to try working with pearls for their calming effect as sometimes I panic and there's no reason for it. Also sometimes I get nervous for no reason. It would be great to curb these feelings.

Padma

I also have a pearl necklace (wedding present from my husband) as well as pearl earrings and a ring. I rarely ever wear them, even though they are my birthstone and resonate to 7 vibrations, as I do ;) I have actually always felt pearls symbolise weakness and submission, conformity and conventionality, none of which are attractive to me, but I wonder why I have that idea? :confused: Nothing Hemera said about pearls is even remotely associated with those words.

So I am completely fascinated by your thread about pearls, Hemera, and you are making me curious about what I would feel if I would only wear the ones I have!

Maybe I will try them next as a grounding stone, after working with Kyanite, Labradorite and Alexandrite.

DownwardS, I sure could get some relief from hot flashes - if yours is working for you then perhaps I will try it! :laugh:

Minotauro

I also have a pearl necklace (wedding present from my husband) as well as pearl earrings and a ring. I rarely ever wear them, even though they are my birthstone and resonate to 7 vibrations, as I do ;) I have actually always felt pearls symbolise weakness and submission, conformity and conventionality, none of which are attractive to me, but I wonder why I have that idea? :confused: Nothing Hemera said about pearls is even remotely associated with those words.

So I am completely fascinated by your thread about pearls, Hemera, and you are making me curious about what I would feel if I would only wear the ones I have!

Maybe I will try them next as a grounding stone, after working with Kyanite, Labradorite and Alexandrite.

DownwardS, I sure could get some relief from hot flashes - if yours is working for you then perhaps I will try it! :laugh:
I get you , maybe is that old precetion of the housewive wearing pearls , doing everything the husband say. but I gave a very punky friend some pearls ( her name is perla , pearl in spanish) and it looks very cool and contrasting with the metal studs and black , and it doesnt remind me of that at all haha

Padma

I get you , maybe is that old precetion of the housewive wearing pearls , doing everything the husband say. but I gave a very punky friend some pearls ( her name is perla , pearl in spanish) and it looks very cool and contrasting with the metal studs and black , and it doesnt remind me of that at all haha

Yeah, you are right, Mino - pearls remind me of Princess Diana or of 1950's girls in cardigan sweaters ;p not a look/attitude that I aspire to. I think it is wonderful about your friend and her punked-out perals! :D nice way to repurpose them!

DownwardSpiral

LOL I can just imagine a punk chick wearing pearls. My image of pearls is a woman with her hair pulled up and a string of pearls...usually the ones in the middle being bigger and then getting smaller the farther up the string they are. Also I'm thinking pearls were always used to "dress up" an outfit. Pearls being equated with elegance.

Lotus you might very well try the pearls and see what effect they have. 3 flashes a day is an understatement. When I think of it I'll replace the pearl earring with something else and see what happens......then I can come back here and tell all : )