Crystal Study Group: Citrine

wildchilde

I love Citrine! It is one of my favorite crystals and I have had very positive experiences with it in the past as a “prosperity stone” and just for raising the vibration of myself or the room with a happiness vibe. http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/citrine-crystals.html

I worked with Citrine yesterday and this morning as part of my chakra balancing experiment to correspond with the Solar Plexus Chakra. While normally Citrine brings lots of happiness to me and I feel calm, etc., yesterday I seemed to really struggle a lot with feelings of insecurity and vulnerability of emotions. I didn’t really want to have contact with people, and even online felt very vulnerable to the possibility of “attack” if I put myself out there with any comments, etc. I also seemed maybe a bit “off balance” in my emotional responses to things I read/saw online which was another warning to me to just relax and leave things alone for a bit. Also, due to inflaming my back/hip issue again yesterday by falling off the curb Monday, I was in a lot of pain and it was hard to concentrate on anything for very long.

I did make an effort to walk on the treadmill at the gym hoping it would stretch my muscles out and strengthen my body. Afterward I went in the steam room and sat for quite awhile. For some reason as I was sitting there I started actually THANKING my body—different parts and functions—for working properly and for keeping me going for so long. I don’t remember ever doing this before! In reality, I have put my body through a lot in this lifetime, so it’s really quite remarkable that it still works at all. I have also become pretty aware the past few months of how many people in this world (old and young alike) are suffering horrible physical issues from either self-neglect or environmental issues. So this experience was sort of like saying to myself, “you know, maybe your body wouldn’t hurt so bad if you showed some gratitude every once in awhile for what you do have”.

Today I am feeling much better and stronger, both physically and emotionally. I feel like I need to move on to the next crystal but I know I will be back to the Solar Plexus Chakra as this is probably one of my weakest areas. One of the things that kept coming to me yesterday was that I quite often feel compelled to cross my arms over my body around certain people. Even when I consciously try not to do this, if it is someone whose energy is overwhelming to me I automatically do it. And sometimes it is interesting to note that this elicits an even stronger reaction from them—like causing them to become even more aggressive toward me like they know I am attempting to “protect” my energy field from theirs so they are going to try harder to ‘pierce’ it.

I did want to note also something I found strange. Yesterday I downloaded Jonathan Goldman’s Crystal Bowls Chakra Chants CD after being given a track as a meditation in class. (meditation link below) But when I went to the playlist here is what was listed:

Root Chakra
Sacral Chakra
Navel Chakra
Heart Chakra
Throat Chakra
3rd Eye Chakra
Crown Chakra

I looked at it twice…HUH?! Where is the Solar Plexus Chakra?, I said. I went back to the download site wondering if I messed up the download somehow. Nope. That is the playlist from the entire CD. In all the years I have studied the Chakra system(s) I have always heard of the navel chakra being associated with/or used as another name for the sacral chakra. This was very confusing to me and maybe is just another reminder of needing to strengthen the solar plexus so as not to be “invisible” in life. I did an internet search and do see people referring to the solar plexus chakra (rather than the sacral) as the navel chakra but I still think that is a bit weird. I also checked the books I have about chakras and none of them replace the solar plexus chakra with the “navel chakra”. I don’t know when that began to be an accepted way of identifying the chakras, especially since that tends to negate the importance of the breath.

So, even though I am moving on for now to the next crystal for my Heart Chakra, I still feel very connected to the energy of the Citrine. I often have it out when I am working with other crystals and sometimes “just for fun” to raise the vibration of the room. It is a goal of mine to have a nice citrine rough in every common room of the house before long. I will ask this lovely piece of Citrine to please continue to strengthen and balance my solar plexus chakra for self-confidence, emotional protection, earth belonging, power of breath, and Joy of Life!

Crystal Bowl Meditation for the Third Chakra

DownwardSpiral

Just curious if you think your first inital reaction to the crystals is the crystal cleansing/unblocking the chakra it is associated with? Kind of like the crystals vibrations go in and clean house so that the chakra is open to receive the vibrations/properties the crystal has to offer?

Padma

I am thinking along the same lines as DownwardS - I think the oddness and the pains were associated with the opening of what was closed :) I do always find the first day with a crystal rather bizarre! lol...one never knows what to expect with it. Perhaps you should have it on you for a few more days! To give it a chance to work.

I found the crossing of the arms thing intersting, since this is usually done to protect the self from others. It is also a way of barring what they say, or not wanting to be connected to the other - kind of an official way of shutting down socially, and telling the other person you feel hostile to them , which in turn engenders tha aggressive response you get from them - please remember that it takes two to tango! since you also cited feeling vulnerable, and open to online attack ect., I am getting the feeling that perhaps you frequently feel defenceless, or vulnerable... (((WildC))))
of course, that is just my impression, and I may be very wrong!

As Citrine is the feel good sunshine stone, perhaps keeping it actually on your person may raise your esteem, and leave you feeling less vulnerable - just a thought!

Citrine is a really beautiful stone, and I was surprised and interested that you began this thread - I was thinking of getting some, actually! lol :) nice coincidence!

wildchilde

Just curious if you think your first inital reaction to the crystals is the crystal cleansing/unblocking the chakra it is associated with? Kind of like the crystals vibrations go in and clean house so that the chakra is open to receive the vibrations/properties the crystal has to offer?

yes, I do believe that these things are a house cleaning :) that's one of the reasons I'm doing this :) and also why I have not been too worried about the different disturbances or gotten too "attached" to keeping the ickies around. I think you explained it beautifully, DS!

Lotus Padma said:
I found the crossing of the arms thing intersting, since this is usually done to protect the self from others. It is also a way of barring what they say, or not wanting to be connected to the other - kind of an official way of shutting down socially, and telling the other person you feel hostile to them , which in turn engenders tha aggressive response you get from them - please remember that it takes two to tango! since you also cited feeling vulnerable, and open to online attack ect., I am getting the feeling that perhaps you frequently feel defenceless, or vulnerable... (((WildC))))
of course, that is just my impression, and I may be very wrong!

awww, thanks for the hug Lotus!!! you are so sweet :) (and glad to see you are still posting! I got worried when you said you wouldn't be around for awhile!)

I would say you are right and wrong all at the same time...LOL This came up more or less as a "memory" (here we go with the past memories again!) and a few specific people in my life who definitely made me feel very vulnerable and defenseless. And yes, I was very aware even then that my reflexive arm crossing could easily be misconstrued as hostility toward them which ironically is why I tried many times not to do it but I literally just couldn't keep from it because their energy was sooooo overwhelming to me that it was the only way I could even begin to try and defend myself from them energetically.

I am not necessarily a "vulnerable" or "defenseless" person, but I do definitely have weak lower chakras from an abusive childhood and an emotionally abusive first husband. And I think because of those weakened areas and the fact that I am a very compassionate understanding person, I often attract the very people into my life that end up being what I call the emotional steam rollers. As you stated, it takes two to tango...but I prefer west coast swing, so I decided a few years ago that I was going to "fix" this problem within me that allows people to walk all over me :) As always, it is a path of learning, but I have definitely gotten much better at standing in my own power, and certainly becoming attuned to Reiki has also contributed a great deal to my healing. Of course, there is always room for improvement! ;) And I think for me right now working with the crystals is a great way to go about strengthening myself even more.

Lotus Padma said:
As Citrine is the feel good sunshine stone, perhaps keeping it actually on your person may raise your esteem, and leave you feeling less vulnerable - just a thought!

Citrine is a really beautiful stone, and I was surprised and interested that you began this thread - I was thinking of getting some, actually! lol nice coincidence!

I guess I neglected to mention that I do carry a tumbled Citrine in my crystal pouch in my purse at all times. Sometimes I even reach in there and pet it :) I don't normally feel so emotionally vulnerable, so I have a feeling that yesterday's feelings were "house cleaning" related. Today I have felt fine and not at all like yesterday. I even went to book club tonight and being in a room with 20 women all having different conversations was not overwhelming to me. ;)

OH MY YES!!! get some Citrine right away!!! I think everyone should have at least one! :)

PS: did anyone notice how many smiley faces are in this post?! :D

DownwardSpiral

LOL about the smileys : ) The feel good sunshine stone caught my attention. I think I need this stone : ) LOL is this why my son showed me not one but TWO little yellow smiley keychains? One yesterday and the other the night before.

214red

Is also meant to be in your money corner to bring prosperity to you

DownwardSpiral

Is also meant to be in your money corner to bring prosperity to you

OMG maybe that's the problem....I don't have a money corner...or any citrine...a double wammy.

Padma

Wildchilde, those were all very interesting answers you gave. Here is what caught my eye: that you often attract the emotional steam rollers into your life...if you are displaying any kind of quality or weakness, the law of attraction will ascertain you will always have the opposite present as a counterbalnce and as a lesson...this I know is true! lol! Whenever I was feeling weak in my life, to be sure there were always people present to take advantage of that, being stronger than I...and when I feel very strong, I tend to attract weaker people...go figure ;p

I got myself some Citrine, my husband gave me a bracelet of it for my bday the other day, as it is my birthstone - and I went out with my money from garage sale and from bday gifts to get the matching bits :) I am coated and dripping with Citrine, but it is a really good thing, a really awesome thing, because I have been so very *flat* in the last few months - really needed a boost! And here is what is really interesting, my neighbor/friend's bday is the same as mine, and she has also been very flat and empty these last few months...the moment she held my Citrines, she literally "woke up" - as I have been doing, all day yesterday when I received the Citrine, till end of day today - it is like someone threw a lightswitch, and Iam just all "I'm baaaaaaack!" lol!

Now, if the stone could just raise some funds for me, I would be in my glory ;)

Here is the best bit: as my friend and i were completing our bday purchases in the store, a very tall, heavy-boned, very blonde sort of asexual lady came in the store, and she asked us what we got. I remember looking at her and thinking she looked just like the angel in the film Dogma. When I showed her my Citrines, she said, "oh! Citrine! You will very soon be bathing in money!" I laughed and said, I just gave all my money away to have the Citrine! and she said, "What goes around, comes around, and what leaves you, will come back to you. You will be rich". Awesome blessing from the angel lady! :D What a great bday gift!

wildchilde

Here is the best bit: as my friend and i were completing our bday purchases in the store, a very tall, heavy-boned, very blonde sort of asexual lady came in the store, and she asked us what we got. I remember looking at her and thinking she looked just like the angel in the film Dogma. When I showed her my Citrines, she said, "oh! Citrine! You will very soon be bathing in money!" I laughed and said, I just gave all my money away to have the Citrine! and she said, "What goes around, comes around, and what leaves you, will come back to you. You will be rich". Awesome blessing from the angel lady! :D What a great bday gift!

Happy Birthday, Lotus Padma!!! What a great gift from the hubby and an awesome blessing from the 'Angel Lady'!! :) And yes, she is right on track...just open yourself to the flow. And if you really want to give it a kick in the pants you can combine it with the aventurine. I have had over $500 of "extra" money float my way in the past month since I have been keeping the citrine and aventurine on me at all times! ;) still holding out hope for the lotto though LOL Regardless of all that, Citrine is such a loving, happy stone, that that in itself is a great blessing!

DownwardSpiral

Why was I thinking about that aventurine as well????

I like the birthday blessings : ) Signs...Signs....everywhere Signs : ) This really sounds like a nice crystal.