Crystal Study Group: Smokey Quartz

wildchilde

Due to some things that were happening Sunday and Monday, I was led to believe I should probably work with this protective and grounding stone...Smokey Quartz. This piece is sort of a robin's egg size/shape with a milky part that looks very interesting and a "scar" down the center that gives it a bit of a rough feel eventhough it is a tumbled stone.

The first night I used it (Monday), I had a very deep dream about the situation going on and it made a lot of sense to me. However, I should have written it down as soon as I woke up, because now I can only remember the "highlights" and not the entire dream.

The next day, I used the stone in meditation and it felt really good in my hands and was very relaxing meditation but I didn't get any sort of insight or visions or anything like that. Just felt calm and relaxed. I also got word that the original issue that led me to feel the need for more protection had been cleared up and that the person who had lied about something I supposedly said had confessed their lie and those who had become angry at me because of the lie were no longer angered since they knew the truth. However, there still seems to be no explanation as to why the person lied in the first place.

Today, I am beginning to feel I may be "too grounded" though as I have felt edgy and achy since I woke up and feeling on the edge of anger even though I don't have anything in particular to be angry about. For you women out there...the feeling is sort of like the beginning of PMS although I am no where near that in my cycle right now. All day minor issues have made me grumble and gripe to myself and feel "taken advantage of" by others, and this is not like me normally. Outwardly, I feel like I have been able to 'maintain the facade of normalcy' and haven't bitten anyone's head off and have been cheerful and nice to those I have come in contact with, but the inner dialogue has been a bit edgy and I haven't wanted to be around a lot of people just in case I slip and drop that facade.

I am wondering if this stone did what was needed and that I need to let it go for now. It has certainly been an interesting experience though.

DownwardSpiral

What I find interesting about reading this is the feeling too edgy and on the edge of anger. Also the "too grounded". I've noticed that when working with the lower chakra crystals (I didn't look to see if this is) I have felt grounded but at the same time notice very quickly if my energy is blocked or being scattered. And especially when it feels blocked it's an irritable kind of feeling.

Thanks for starting this thread on smokey quartz as I have a piece ans so can eventually study and compare notes : )

wildchilde

the smokey quartz is a protection stone with serious grounding properties. It works from the root chakra down through the earth star chakra (according to the healing crystals for you website) grounding you to the earth. Although I see what you are saying about the blockages...in this particular instance, I did not feel blocked, I actually felt like the edginess was more like a gravity pull which makes sense in light of the above. Have you ever been in one of those centriprical force machines (usually found at amusement parks)...the force of gravity plasters you to the wall and you can't move easily (if at all) and feel a lot of pressure on your body. That's pretty much how I felt...like I was being forced down to the ground and pinned there. It was very uncomfortable physically and emotionally, hence the anger and edginess, I think. Note, though, that I did not feel this the first two days and that the stone does appear to have protected me from a bad situation and helped to clear the air. It seems that I only started feeling this way after the issue at hand had been dealt with and perhaps the protection was no longer needed.

After I posted this thread earlier today, I decided it was definitely time to "retire" the smokey quartz after thanking it for clearing up the issue that was at hand and protecting me from other's lies and misplaced anger. I wanted to see how I felt afterward, but I was so far "down" at that point that I admit to immediately pulling out a sunstone and a sodalite (because I had an important client meeting)...it took about an hour before I finally felt "normal" and was able to focus on the meeting and my client's needs without problem. And I no longer feel the anger or edginess I felt earlier today.

DownwardSpiral

I've never been on one of those rides but have seen them and know what you're talking about. I wouldn't like to feel like I'm being literally pulled to the ground...but on the flip side this is good to know if your feeling spacey and need to be grounded. Also I'll keep this in mind when I work with this stone to see if it has the same effect on me.