HEAT deck - inception

reall

@daphne Agree!^^ more the merrier!^^ (and my fav less job per person!^^ lolz ;)))))
I think we may start when we get enough people?^^;)))))
Then we can decide on all details and time?!^^ ;)))

Luv no theme no profit!^^
I would add no edge rule as well so everyone can decide will have it or not?^^;)))
I’m looking forwards to see various cards design and how it looks on print!^^ ;))))))))

(sorry we cant use card design already made for 5AT, because it will take more time to make another card, and I will probably need to chose different card to prevent ending with same design! facepalm but understand the reason,,,
btw new question what if someone decide to withdraw card from 5AT and transfer it here? (doubt anyone would do that but just for the records) same no?:))))

@Cenozioc I agree with you!^^
imo we do need copyrights! (even we all know that cant stop piracy but same is for law so do we don’t need a law?:))))
you look like you know about that so you can formulate copyright note something like Everyone should get credits for their work and keep copyrights but give permission for printing and selling!;)))) and everyone can print deck for himself but not for resell or use art in other way for commercial and public use? something like that,

trzes

Second one is about creators willing to use their designs from 5thAT for this deck.
I am against.
We say this is another deck, then let's be true to this saying. Let it be Another.
What is done for 5thAT will remain for that. I want to respect both special-ness.

My point of view is quite the opposite, obviously. I would explicitly encourage everyone from the 5th AT deck to reuse their images here. This would not affect anything about 5th AT deck, but only give the majority of participants there the opportunity to have their cards as part of a properly printed deck in a similar context, but under a different label.

Otherwise the HEAT deck is going to be a renegade project indeed (closrapexa’s words) regardless of any claims we make. It will dilute the contribution to the 5th AT deck or even kill it, as gregory has pointed out. And it will do so, even if the actual making of the HEAT deck will be delayed past the end of the other one. People will of course choose where to contribute if they can’t contribute in both without double effort, and they will do so regardless of the delay because they will know that later the HEAT deck will be made.

Just my two cents. I will sit and wait how you decide.

acidrica

My point of view is quite the opposite, obviously. I would explicitly encourage everyone from the 5th AT deck to reuse their images here. This would not affect anything about 5th AT deck, but only give the majority of participants there the opportunity to have their cards as part of a properly printed deck in a similar context, but under a different label.

Otherwise the HEAT deck is going to be a renegade project indeed (closrapexa’s words) regardless of any claims we make. It will dilute the contribution to the 5th AT deck or even kill it, as gregory has pointed out. And it will do so, even if the actual making of the HEAT deck will be delayed past the end of the other one. People will of course choose where to contribute if they can’t contribute in both without double effort, and they will do so regardless of the delay because they will know that later the HEAT deck will be made.

Just my two cents. I will sit and wait how you decide.

I actually disagree that this could kill the other deck. I mean...the deadline for the other deck is way far out there, and I expect to be able to do at least 2 cards for that deck AND this deck, easily. And my art can get pretty detailed. I could be wrong though, and I'm just odd.

Rhapsodin

Count me in. I wouldn't mind having a go as long as it doesn't become a mass of misgivings and ifs and buts with threads 10,000 posts long. And it comes with a physical print; and there's a card available to suit my limited drawing capability. I'm better with the female figure.

I recently joined in another one. I picked the card I wanted to do and did it to fit a template and that was that. No fussing.

Zephyros

Although I expressed my own reservations about this deck, I think daphne is right about all things having to do with copyright. So the printer makes a little money off the print, so what? I find it hard to believe either this or the other deck will be pirated, because... well... sad fact is, nobody cares. A few friends decide to draw a few pictures together and suddenly it's all copyright and piracy and conspiracies... but really, the world at large doesn't care. Copyright or worrying about the lack of it, whether it's a CC licence or not... those are moot points that don't matter.

Plus, from what I gathered from this thread, the whole point of this deck is to be freed from the limitations that go with an official deck with the AT name on it. I'll even use a Tarot analogy to get back into focus; the Swords suit shows how the single pure idea of the Ace slowly deteriorates until there is madness, ideas flying everywhere and a complete lack of focus and breakdown of the idea. Don't let that happen here, or there.

And even if both decks are pirated, so what? What could possibly happen? This is one card per person we're talking about. Nobody here is painting the Sistine Chapel, with fear that the art might be misused. And misused how? A multi-billion dollar ad campaign? Even if the deck is pirated and sold... how much could be realistically made from it? I think this whole idea is being blown out of proportion. I find it hard to believe that a person would become so attached to the one or two cards they make, that the fear of it leaking out is so paralyzing that they refuse to participate.

And just to put my money where my mouth is, I have just decided to participate in both decks, assuming I'm wanted and there are free cards. I'll be cheating though, since I use pip decks and they're easier to draw. :D

cSpaceDiva

My main reason for signing on here and not the other deck is because it is being done in the spirit of fun and generosity and not to be tightly controlled by anyone. I completely understand why some people would be uncomfortable with contributing their work to this concept. I would not want anyone to feel pressured to participate or fear having their work taken and used here without permission. To me that is the complete antithesis of what we're trying to create here.

I have not closely followed the other threads so I could be wrong about the intent, but if the purpose of controlling the distribution is to ensure that each artist retains rights and control of his/her own work, what is to stop them re-using their own art and submitting it in another venue? It seems to me that the limitation would be whether this deck requires an original work, not used before in any other project. (And maybe the other deck has a rule like that, again, I don't know.) I personally feel like for this project the fewer limitations that are imposed, the better. I will go along with whatever the group or organizer decides.

I also want to clarify from my earlier post that even though I am not a professional artist, I definitely do take pride in my work. And I would welcome and truly appreciate any professional/trained/experienced artists who wish to join in and contribute some "pro-bono" work.

daphne

Ok, I read the latest comments. Sadly, I see I become the bad guy here, several accusations already that I kill decks, force (!) people to use art from one part to another, etc.

These are speculations. I was clear in my posts about where we are. I will try harder to be as clear as possible. We are at inception. The v e r y beginning.
Idea did not come in a thunder yesterday to me, but is long born, basically from starting of the 5thAT discussions. Born from the desire of quite a few of us to make a deck we print. I just put it up here on a separate thread. And served also for decongestion the 5thAT discussion thread of all those ongoing posts about printing.

So, we are at the very beginning. Nothing started, no subscription for cards, no plans, no specific time lines. Nothing is decided except one thing: the idea itself = that we wanted to be a printed deck. All other things I opened them for discussion. Better here, then going on useless talking about printing in the 5thAT discussion thread where a clear cut decision was taken.

Therefore, please, bring ideas, at least if you think HEAT is a good idea. Or say it is not, and I go with your wish.

And please read my first post. It is a thread to see the interest and discuss about how can we bring it to life.

Anyway, to stop all speculations, I decided that the HEAT deck, if ever made, will NOT start until the 5thAT is done. Let's keep it as a nice possibility for future.

I will answer in more detail to some posts shortly.