Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 142 : April 19th - April 26th

VGimlet

Cosmic Tarot and Flonz Victorian Lenormand this week, please.

SHOW & TELL!!!

I just finished a reading quilt that will do double-duty for my decks this week. I'm calling it, "The Lightning Cloth" for its zig-zag and starburst design, and because it went together quick!

That is very cool Madame Squee, practical and beautiful. :D

Madame Squee

That is very cool Madame Squee, practical and beautiful. :D
Thank you, VG! The batting is cotton, and the quilt will acquire more character with every washing. Plus, it's machine washable!

Madame Squee

I believe I may stick with the Cosmic Tarot for more than one week. I've started on a project that I've been thinking about for several years: finding and examining the significance of all of the astrological symbols that Norbert Losche has drawn into his artwork.

I've never gotten deep into astrology, and I don't expect this inquiry will improve my grasp of the subject. I just want to sharpen my skills of observing Tarot cards and figure out what Mr. Losche is communicating to the reader by the manner in which he has included the astrological relationships and symbols in his art.

I'm recording my findings in the Cosmic Tarot section of the Individual Deck Studies thread. I've done three cards so far, and I whipped them out in two sessions. However, I think I may need to slow down in order to get the most out of this study. Tonight, I realized that the work I've done is leading to more thinking and more questions.

I would be very happy if I could turn this study into a 78-week thing.

AJ

I always like to see the deck study threads revived and added to.
Bodhi did the whole Tyldick (?) and Gregory did the whole Thoth, and Rodney did the whole Ancient Egyptian bam bam bam.

I did the thoth and clones that way too, but I did it on a private blog because I was just thinking out loud, talking through my hat as part of my learning curve.

way cute card cloths!

jema

A day late, but I am in with the Medieval Scapini
It has been in its bag for years. My copy is one of those dreaded 'muddy' ones but I'll give it a go anyway.

Madame Squee

I always like to see the deck study threads revived and added to.
Bodhi did the whole Tyldick (?) and Gregory did the whole Thoth, and Rodney did the whole Ancient Egyptian bam bam bam.

I did the thoth and clones that way too, but I did it on a private blog because I was just thinking out loud, talking through my hat as part of my learning curve.
I'm a little leery of thinking out loud and talking through my hat in public, but I've decided to try to get over it. Having said that, I'm going to stop posting the first draft and give it another look in the morning before hitting "submit reply".

Seventy-eight posts on one deck is huge! I really admire your dedication and hope I can join you guys in this accomplishment!

way cute card cloths!
Thank you! The size and shape has turned out to be quite functional. It fits on the table in front of my laptop.

BodhiSeed

Madame Squee, your reading quilts are marvelous (just had a peek at your homepage :))! Please do add your thoughts to the Study thread; with the Tyldwick, I just wrote what came off the top of my head (no lwb or book for this deck). I can't tell you how many times I've had a card that I couldn't make heads or tails of, but reading about it in these threads gave me a whole new slant on it!

I am in love with the Dark Goddess Tarot. The cards I've pulled so far are digging deep and are right on target for me. The lwb is quite succint, though, so I do look forward to the book she has coming out to go with it.
After filing a complaint with both the USPS and Paypal, it looks like the Tattwa cards have finally been sent. I hate causing problems for folks, but such shoddy customer service needs to be addressed.