Oh no please help

ctrymaus

Oh, it plays well enough with new strings and all, but I feel sorry for it all those years. I think I feel the same for all these decks. Unless someone is making a point of using them on a rotating basis. What's the point of a thing not being used for what it was made for?

But I do it myself, though I strive to get rid of the stuff. I'm just suggesting that it might be freeing to let it go. *shrug*

You may be right. It's up to the individual to make that call. :)

I'm aware of that "if you haven't used it in a year, sell it/give it away" mentality. Why? Nostalgia hit me hard a month or two ago, and I was very sorry I had let decks go that are now OOP. It's difficult to try to hunt down decks you really really miss.

But on the other hand, living in this consumerism-driven society makes us want to buy buy buy. And the companies that furnish us with goods are only too happy to create more for us to want (or think we want).

So we have to strike a balance.

Some collect decks because they are pretty to look at, like unbound books, not necessarily for reading with. I try to use all my decks, over time. But I like having different decks for different moods, different questions, etc.

I was of the same opinion as you--I got rid of a LOT of decks because I just didn't see myself reading with them ever again and (I thought) they were just taking up space. Let someone else enjoy them. Now I'm sorry I did that. So I recommend that someone take a step back and really think before getting rid of things.

CountryMouse

Luna-Ocean

Ive switched off from being able to use Tarot Cards :( what had happened to me!!!

It all started with moving house. The house we moved to is so so energetically clean and has made me see so much more clearly I have no interest in my over 120 decks of tarot oracle or lenormand:(

Has this happened to anyone? Will I regret selling everything?

You have invested in over 100 decks which is a feat in its self don't make the mistake i done when i was in the same situation as you and sold off all my collection which was near 65 decks...then just after a year i started to miss not having my old decks and wanted them back so badly, its now taken me sometime to re-gain back what i first had in my original collection. Sometimes we just need a break and i think if you just store them away from out of sight you will start to get that Tarot vibe back soon enough?

GlitterNova

Dear Lourdez ♥
Tarot and other "cards" are TOOLS for asking Questions and helping us find answers - for ourselves - and for others.
Just like a screwdriver is a tool to fix all the (my ;) ) loose screws.....
I have not touched a screwdriver in months!!!
I did not NEEEEED that kind of tool.

You have a new home! You have to ground there, explore the new season there, what grows in the garden this year...
You are expecting!!!!!!
Congratulations!
Pregnancy heightens intuition!
You maybe do not need - want any cards right now, because there in another Power inside you growing along with the baby!
This is a tool that is much more valluable for you and your family and Spirit makes sure, you concentrate on that one right now.

Cards do not rot - they will be there when you teach your kid to read!
They will be there for you when you are a Granny and sit in the sun (rocking chair!!) and others come to you in need some sensible advice........
Keep all your cards for that time, ... they will ALL be OOP by then and.... $$ :)

This is some beautiful advice. If you feel like you need a hobby in your life right now, maybe try researching some different types of divination and see if any stick out for you. It's possible your abilities have just become attuned to something other than cards right now. Your decks needn't go to waste, you could try practicing journalist or storytelling with them. What a great skill it will be to tell stories with your cards with your little one!

ctrymaus

You have invested in over 100 decks which is a feat in its self don't make the mistake i done when i was in the same situation as you and sold off all my collection which was near 65 decks...then just after a year i started to miss not having my old decks and wanted them back so badly, its now taken me sometime to re-gain back what i first had in my original collection. Sometimes we just need a break and i think if you just store them away from out of sight you will start to get that Tarot vibe back soon enough?

I have been/am in the same boat as you! I was lucky to find a still-in-shrink-wrap Mythic Tarot set (1989)--the one with the cards, book, and reading cloth--to replace the one I gave away (along with about as many decks as you sold). It cost me probably double what I paid for my original set. I've been hunting down others, and it's been difficult. One of the others that's probably going to cost me will be the Norse Tarot.

CountryMouse

Luna-Ocean

I have been/am in the same boat as you! I was lucky to find a still-in-shrink-wrap Mythic Tarot set (1989)--the one with the cards, book, and reading cloth--to replace the one I gave away (along with about as many decks as you sold). It cost me probably double what I paid for my original set. I've been hunting down others, and it's been difficult. One of the others that's probably going to cost me will be the Norse Tarot.

CountryMouse

I think when we start collecting these decks we do invest alot of years and money in trying to build up something worth while, in my original collection i had so some newly published decks like the Magickal Tarot that is now OP and now it's impossible to find a cheap one unless you want to spend over £100, this is important to remember when we decide its time to give up our collections we just don't think we will ever miss them?

Winterchild

Pregnancy makes a huge difference.... It is a time when your energies both spiritual and physical are all consumed... I am very creative, it is like a drug but when pregnant I could do none of the things I loved. I think this probably has far more significance than the new house... Although time there will also work.

Like everything else that can become 'faddy' Tarot can attract people who haven't found what they are looking for and it can be all consuming as you say.... Only time will tell if this is the case.

Keep your decks and enjoy this time... It is not often we get the chance to take part in a miracle within our own body...

Nemia

Collections are not only a mass of things. They are also markers of time. You remember when you bought this, read with that deck. They are part of your biography. Maybe you don't need the actual decks to remember, maybe it's enough to take pictures and let them go.

But you can't know that now. I'd advise you to put all the decks nicely in order, pack them away and put a letter to yourself inside the box, telling yourself how you feel about the cards right now and that you might wish to sell them. And then put them into storage.

Now do your nesting, make your new house a home, plant herbs or paint pictures or do whatever fascinates you now... and enjoy the magic of a new being in the world - inside your belly now, in your arms soon.

In two years you might take out that tarot box again, read and ponder your letter to yourself and decide then what to keep and what to let go.

I had some years when tarot was no urgent need, I had other interests. I learned and studied, raised the children, embroidered and made jewelry and my own cosmetics. And all of this was more important than tarot. I rarely took out my decks.

Then, a friend asked for a reading and I was in fire again. And I noticed that all that time when tarot was pretty much "under the surface" for me, it still developed. Like riding a bike, you still know how to read cards once you return to it. Single card meanings may have become a bit rusty but one closer look and it's all there again and the cards speak to you again.

So no drastic measures.

You may wish to ask the cards what they think ;-)

High_Priestess_lol

Just take a break, give your new home some time :)