Tarot reading on a non-existing relationship?

Pluviophile

I'm just curious to see what others think about this: One of my good friends ( let's call her Sarah) was telling me about a reading she did on Kristen (my other friend) who had a crush on a guy. Sarah said the outcome of the relationship was 8 of pentacles and the whole relationship looked hopeless. Keep in mind Kristen doesn't even talk to the guy. So I can't help wonder that it's not exactly a good idea to do a card reading when a bond hasn't even formed between them. What are your opinions?

nisaba

There's a couple of problems here.

Firstly, the non-existence of the situation. Did your friend's client ask for a reading on something like "How can I best present myself to him or how can I best approach him?" That might have given her information she could use.

Then there's the consent-thingie. Would the guy have been horrified to find out that a stranger was trying to work out what was going on in his life and heart? I would have been.

Pluviophile

Thank you so much for answering! I think she did ask how to approach him but the spread was mostly on how the relationship would be like or end. And exactly I feel as though she should have talked to him before asking the outcome of the relationship.

seedcake

I'm just curious to see what others think about this: One of my good friends ( let's call her Sarah) was telling me about a reading she did on Kristen (my other friend) who had a crush on a guy. Sarah said the outcome of the relationship was 8 of pentacles and the whole relationship looked hopeless. Keep in mind Kristen doesn't even talk to the guy. So I can't help wonder that it's not exactly a good idea to do a card reading when a bond hasn't even formed between them. What are your opinions?

In situations like that I make the question like - "what she can do to be more confident" etc. She shouldn't ask about this guy, to be honest. It's more asking what can you do with yourself. I hope you know what I mean :)

Aina

I love this question. Once there was a man who was speaking in a weird way with me where I thought that he is trying to flirt with me. I am married but still I do one reading a month or so to see "what does he think of me" and I always get "King of Cups - Death - 5 of Cups" or "9 of Pentacles - 6 of Pentacles - 8 of Pentacles". I have got a "positive" read only once, in the very beginning. I think the intention to flirt was just a spontaneous thing and for some reason it's "over". Now the pentacle group (it's not the exact reading) shows that I am only his customer and our relationship is professional. He is interested in me as a customer and it's his work to pack my shopping. During a Lenormand reading which I did, I got the cards saying that the man is not interested because I am married and our lives don't quite cross. So the cards are wise enough to put the reality as it is and tell you: "Comoan, there is no such relationship". And yes, it is rude to ask on third parties. It's like spying. (Although I have done it all, I'll admit )

canid

Correct me if I'm wrong. Sara did a reading for Kirsten & some non-existent guy relationship & you're trying to interpret her reading? And Sara based her interpretation about the relationship being hopeless because of the 8 of Pents? Without knowing the question or other cards involved, it's nigh impossible.

Pluviophile

That's what I believe too! I don't think I would be flattered to found out that some random stranger was doing a reading on me :). Thanks Aina!

And thank you Seedcake I'll make sure to tell her!

No I'm not trying to interpret her reading, I asked if it was simply wrong to do a reading on a non-existing relationship. Sarah just told me the outcome. Sorry for the confusion!