Reversed cards or did i place the deck wrong way round?

Kooky

Hi everyone

I recently did a reading for myself and virtually all the cards were on reverse. I couldnt help feeling that i had not picked that many reversed cards but i had simply placed the cards the wrng way round when shufflng as i shuffle sideways instead of longways. As i was pulling them out i did think i should change direction of the deck but didnn't want to change halfway through pulling cards so just kept it consistent. Should i read them the otherway round but in the same positions or read them As they stand?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lunar7

nisaba

It happens. Especially with a deck whose backs give you no idea of up-and-down. You put q deck down somewhere, pick it up again with your body angled differently, shove it into its box or bag in a hurry differently to the way you usually do ... and voila, a reversed deck.

Don't beat yourself up about it. :)

rwcarter

I agree with nisaba that you shouldn't beat yourself up about it. If you still have the cards out and haven't touched the deck, flip the deck over and see how the cards are oriented. If every other card in the deck is upright, then you were meant to pick that many reversed cards. If they're all reversed or mostly reversed, then you may have mistakenly changed the orientation of the deck at some point. If they're about half and half I'd say they were meant to be read reversed.

When you have a majority of reversed cards in a reading, you can look at that as a message that there are blocks or delays in whatever question is being read about because of the individual cards (which you could then read upright). (There are lots of other ways to handle that though.) I don't use reversed cards but that's how I would interpret a reading that came up with a lot of reversed cards.

Rodney