The Oracle of Visions

espearite

I just got mine about 2 weeks ago after listening to the podcast on Beyond Worlds that features the deck. I realized how much I was missing out on just reading from images. I can say that I'm hopeful about working with this oracle. The imagery is beautiful. Though it is too strong a deck for me to begin reading intuitively/visually with right away. I wasn't able to connect with the some of the card's meanings, either. However, taking out the deck and using it this week again, they are making much more sense to me now. I'm still too overwhelmed to feel confident reading with them intuitively... still trying to do that with the tarot. I also downloaded the journal from Mr. Marchetti's website, and it was a wonderful surprise.

runewynd

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall...

I love this deck! I sort of think of it as a "What if the Joker in the playing card deck made a deck of his own?" kind of deal! Which, to me, is incredibly inspiring. It's unfailingly accurate for me and for others, and it's so intuitive it surprises me constantly, as I've always been sort of a 'traditional' reader, relying on the meanings of tradition to guide me.

Ok, so I'm going to share some spookiness that happened with this deck when I first got it.

First of all, as soon as I opened it and held it in my hands, I was instantly captivated. The images are like windows, they're so sharp and clear and vivid. The characters seem to move and show me things. However, even though the cards have 'meanings' associated with them in the book, I really loved best that the meanings were loose and not entirely specific. I loved this, because I had already decided that this deck was going to be my 'mirror' deck, used for those who seek information about themselves or about the various reflections around them.

Now that we've established this, on to the spooky! I was reading a book that was a collection of poetry and prose by an author named Andrew Chumbley- he's the founder of the Cultus Sabbati, and he passed away some years back, but he's very much a traditional witchcraft and sorcery author.

So anyway, I was reading a poem in this book, and the very first two sentences in the poem read:
"In the Ouroboros-Bound Mirror of the One Dream,
That is the Oracle of Visions- Infernal and Divine..."

The deck was spread out in front of me. I was reading the book on my iPad, which I affectionately refer to as my "magic mirror."

I swear it felt like the Jester on the back of the deck was grinning at me and winking.

So, I repeat- I LOVE THIS DECK! I actually bought a second copy for a backup, just in case the first one gets too worn, and also so I can have one at home and also out at work!

swedishfish612

This was a total impulse buy for me today. I was buying a Tarot deck, saw this and I just couldn't NOT get it. I've never tried an oracle before but I can't wait to dive in and explore this one. So glad to hear that it's getting rave reviews!