M'arse Says

blue_fusion

2 more badages:

It ain't over till the fat lady slims. - I really wanna include this somewhere.
Cut me some slacks.

Barleywine

2 more badages:

It ain't over till the fat lady slims. - I really wanna include this somewhere.
Cut me some slacks.

Careful there, some might find that "non-PC." But others might think "It ain't gonna start until the fat lady (or, for that matter, the fat man) slims." (I think I better put on my "PC" track shoes and sprint outta here :D)

blue_fusion

Careful there, some might find that "non-PC." But others might think "It ain't gonna start until the fat lady (or, for that matter, the fat man) slims." (I think I better put on my "PC" track shoes and sprint outta here :D)

Yes I thought of that, actually. Which is why I'm posting it here to see how people would respond to it. For me, it pokes fun at the quote, and not the figure. In fact, one could argue that the reference of the original quote empowers fuller-figured folks (she's a soprano valkyrie! :D).

Also, my intentions for the badages would be that they shouldn't have any meaning (and people would.maybe read them over again just to find some sense in them. Kinda like some readings I've done in the past).

BodhiSeed

Thanks all for the feedback and support so far. :) Just finished the drawings for the knights - the courts are proving tougher to draw than the rest of the deck!

I need some help too. Which cards would these badages apply to?
You rip what you sew
Burn the bridge when you get there

I'm thinking 7 of coins and 6 of swords, but the association might be a bit of a stretch. (Then again, this is supposed to be just for fun!)

Ooh, I like both of these. :D As a person who has tried to sew, I've ripped out more than a few seams when what I was trying make came out looking not at all like I wanted!

Barleywine

Also, my intentions for the badages would be that they shouldn't have any meaning (and people would.maybe read them over again just to find some sense in them. Kinda like some readings I've done in the past).

It reminds me of "nonsense verse" with an underlying purpose. If you haven't already, google "nonsense verse" and look at the wiki entry. You might find some inspriration there.

rwcarter

You rip what you sew
Do these have to be for Minors? Fool (whose britches are shown as ripped in Marseilles decks) or Judgement which I see as reaping what one has sown. As a Minor, I'd say Ace Swords as a sewing needle.

Burn the bridge when you get there
5 Cups cause there's a bridge in the RWS card, which I know has nothing to do with the Marseilles but might work in the M'arse Says....

Rodney

Wendywu

Leave the fat lady! I was one, a few years back; every fat lady alive knows she ain't slim! And your badage isn't rude; it's funny! I would never have taken offence at it.

I am sooo looking forward to this deck!

blue_fusion

Ooh, I like both of these. :D As a person who has tried to sew, I've ripped out more than a few seams when what I was trying make came out looking not at all like I wanted!

Yes, I've tried sewing myself (for the tarot boxes I used to make and also because I wanted to make my own messenger bag). And yes, I ended up ripping more . than what I've sewn. :D

It reminds me of "nonsense verse" with an underlying purpose. If you haven't already, google "nonsense verse" and look at the wiki entry. You might find some inspriration there.

Just wiki-ed it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Do these have to be for Minors? Fool (whose britches are shown as ripped in Marseilles decks) or Judgement which I see as reaping what one has sown. As a Minor, I'd say Ace Swords as a sewing needle.

5 Cups cause there's a bridge in the RWS card, which I know has nothing to do with the Marseilles but might work in the M'arse Says....

Rodney

Well, there is the Le Mutt card (which I plan to change to Beware of Le Mutt). The ORIGINAL plan was for the cards to contain tame, sensible, straightforward Marseilles titles, but I had the sinspiration of attaching quotes I thought of at the moment, and so the majors ended up being... punny. And now I'm stuck with that. The quotable misquotes/badages are for the minors, since they don't have much text to play with. Thanks for the suggestion on the 5 of cups, though. I might use that!

Leave the fat lady! I was one, a few years back; every fat lady alive knows she ain't slim! And your badage isn't rude; it's funny! I would never have taken offence at it.

Ah yes! But on which card?!

blue_fusion

I have tentative puns for most of the majors now. Some are a bit of a stretch, and I'm still looking for other possible options and brainstorming for new ones.

And just FYI, I'm not planning on posting all the cards here. That is, I think, and from experience, one way of avoiding them being pirated. It's also so that there will still be some surprises in store for you once you get your actual copies of the deck. ;)

I'm also really drawn to the monochrome option I posted for the high priestess (see attachment in post #2, rightmost card). So much so that there are now plans for a new Marseilles-themed deck done in that style (not a re-hash of this one).

blue_fusion

Variatons on a Fugue'd... Men

(I hope the wordplay above isn't too lame)

Food for thought for the weekend.

The first refers to a situation when one is, as a mononymous pop icon so poetically puts it, "in trouble, deep."

The second is a bit of a medical procedure, but also a pun on the spotless purity of faith. Or not.

The third is just plain fun. But it reads aloud well.

I'm inclined to go with the first, but I'm also worried that younger people might not get it. (then again there's that la Force pun)

Attachments

• sacrilege.jpg
    sacrilege.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 125