M'arse Says

Wendywu

The fat lady sounds good for Queen of Batons - earthy/material suit, and queens didn't exactly go hungry in those days.

Or the fecund overflowing Empress :).

blue_fusion

The fat lady sounds good for Queen of Batons - earthy/material suit, and queens didn't exactly go hungry in those days.

Or the fecund overflowing Empress :).

Strangely, my first thought was for the Queen of Deniers. But I agree with the earthiness of the QoW.

I'm planning to stick to puns for the majors, and quotes for the minors (to have some semblance of order, however weird that sounds).

Laura Borealis

Leave the fat lady! I was one, a few years back; every fat lady alive knows she ain't slim! And your badage isn't rude; it's funny! I would never have taken offence at it.

I am sooo looking forward to this deck!

Agreed! And as a certified fat lady, I wasn't offended at all. :D

(I hope the wordplay above isn't too lame)

Food for thought for the weekend.

The first refers to a situation when one is, as a mononymous pop icon so poetically puts it, "in trouble, deep."

The second is a bit of a medical procedure, but also a pun on the spotless purity of faith. Or not.

The third is just plain fun. But it reads aloud well.

I'm inclined to go with the first, but I'm also worried that younger people might not get it. (then again there's that la Force pun)

These are all good, too bad you can't put 'em all in... I think overall I like the first one best. :laugh:

Wendywu

Strangely, my first thought was for the Queen of Deniers. But I agree with the earthiness of the QoW.

I'm planning to stick to puns for the majors, and quotes for the minors (to have some semblance of order, however weird that sounds).

I had a finger blip! I meant Queen of Deniers :laugh:

Blame it on the lunch I was consuming at the same time!

Laura Borealis

And here I thought you were using the Mel's Old-Fashioned Baked Goods system where Wands = Earth. :D

truelighth

I agree wit Wendy and Laura on the fat lady. I was a fat lady too, as you know. And i just find it funny, not offending. I also like the first pape the most.

Wendywu

And here I thought you were using the Mel's Old-Fashioned Baked Goods system where Wands = Earth. :D

I did download and print that whole thread :bugeyed:, but at the moment I'm faithful to EE and right now, for me, the fat lady is more Denier than Baton....

blue_fusion

EARTHY KITT

On my part, I meant earthy in that sultry (funnily, misspell this, and it reads slutry), sensual sense (which kinda goes with the QoW - well, not the slutry part. I feel at times during some readings that she's more flitry than even her cups equivalent.

Wendywu

Oh good mental image for a Queen of Batons - passionate, fiery - yep!

blue_fusion

I agree wit Wendy and Laura on the fat lady. I was a fat lady too, as you know. And i just find it funny, not offending. I also like the first pape the most.

Well, I'm a fat man (again), and I find it funny too. :)